RVW mark II.

Hyped-up young recruit is actually a bit pants, so ends up playing a rung or two below Championship level and does reasonably well.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

No - I look forward not backwards. Apart from getting a decent deal on selling on if applicable its all water under the bridge and ancient history. I won't wallow in the past. What's team for Watford? Will we progress ?

I don't share your opinion I'm afraid. Tzolis should be part of NCFC's bright future! It's not a blasé case of water under the bridge, nor 'ancient history'? His contract is current, which places this topic firmly in the 'here & now'. No wallowing involved either. Tzolis is a valuable asset & we should be enjoying far more success with him. 

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

RVW mark II.

Hyped-up young recruit is actually a bit pants, so ends up playing a rung or two below Championship level and does reasonably well.

Nothing to see here.

He clearly isn’t playing at one or two levels below Championship level in Germany. He’s actually at a far bigger club than ourselves right now. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I don't share your opinion I'm afraid. Tzolis should be part of NCFC's bright future! It's not a blasé case of water under the bridge, nor 'ancient history'? His contract is current, which places this topic firmly in the 'here & now'. No wallowing involved either. Tzolis is a valuable asset & we should be enjoying far more success with him. 

He doesn't want to be here. Its as simple as that. We all need to move on. 

19 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

We've made him not want to be here by continually looking to cash in on him, he's basically been treated like he was a mistake and/or doesn't fit.  So let's have that straight.

It's our coaching and management that have been unable to get the best out of him.  And it will be proven in time.

Luckily you won't have to put up with it as you don't care about past players, but for those of us that do it's a kick in the balls when you look at the glut of average which we have to support instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

so ends up playing a rung or two below Championship level

Bundesliga 2? A rung or two below Championship level? You sure?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

We've made him not want to be here by continually looking to cash in on him, he's basically been treated like he was a mistake and/or doesn't fit.  So let's have that straight.

It's our coaching and management that have been unable to get the best out of him.  And it will be proven in time.

Luckily you won't have to put up with it as you don't care about past players, but for those of us that do it's a kick in the balls when you look at the glut of average which we have to support instead.

I liked him when he first came here but apart from the odd glimmer he never really took his chance. I suspect he's a confidence player - can look good in a good expansive team (many others can as well) against lesser opposition but not so in one having to battle - at first in the EPL. That said, both him and us have moved on - why do you think he'll look any better if he came back? 

Anyway - its mute - if Knapper can persuade him back and he performs then fair dues but I suspect that bird has flown. You win some, you lose some. It's a business after all.

If you want to keep discussing what ifs then so be it. I just find that a bit nerdy.

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

It’s obviously a financial decision it always is with Norwich. You are suggesting there is a 30 million pound player there that is a big call.

I guess it sounds big, but when you consider that we were buying a youngster with European level potential and were a prem league side at the time, i think his potential was very much in that range. 

If we're talking now, and his path looking to be outside of the English game and valuation and how we've stunted his career it's obviously less - but that's the point i'm making. 

As I see it, currently, we're now fielding players like Onel, PP and Springett as part of our promotion campaign.  Which I see as a step backwards in both a footballing and financial sense.

If we sought to invest time into the lad and played to his strengths, as we have with Sara, as we have with Rowe, as we're doing with Sarge... Then he would've increased in value and we'd be in a better position.

The trouble is, since he came into this club we've had no consistency whatsoever and whether you're a person that believe Tzolis is a talent, or believes he's a flop then it still leads back to the management and recruitment of our club under Webber.

• Like 3

Just now, Google Bot said:

I guess it sounds big, but when you consider that we were buying a youngster with European level potential and were a prem league side at the time, i think his potential was very much in that range. 

If we're talking now, and his path looking to be outside of the English game and valuation and how we've stunted his career it's obviously less - but that's the point i'm making. 

As I see it, currently, we're now fielding players like Onel, PP and Springett as part of our promotion campaign.  Which I see as a step backwards in both a footballing and financial sense.

If we sought to invest time into the lad and played to his strengths, as we have with Sara, as we have with Rowe, as we're doing with Sarge... Then he would've increased in value and we'd be in a better position.

The trouble is, since he came into this club we've had no consistency whatsoever and whether you're a person that believe Tzolis is a talent, or believes he's a flop then it still leads back to the management and recruitment of our club under Webber.

Others on here will champion Sainz & Rowe, Fassnacht in the same positions. 

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

No it isn't..... we need an environment where he does want to be here, where he wants to run his socks off for the club, his manager, his teammates and the fans.... WHERE HE CAN THRIVE.     We need an environment where these youngsters can flourish, not have all their potential and confidence completely drained from them because some useless hackneyed 30 odd year old is taking a space in an under-achieving, deteriorating outfit.....     No doubt in my mind, we failed him!     We keep failing these youngsters.    

Anyway, move on to what / where exactly.  How are we currently doing in that direction?     

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 2

“The Bundesliga is my big goal, I want to go there 100%,” . “You never know what the future will bring, but I feel right at home in Düsseldorf right now. I really like it here.

“The important thing now is to enjoy the next few months with the team, to be a regular player, to help the team with lots of assists and goals and to get even better. I love football. Thanks to Fortuna you can enjoy it again.”

The Greek international, who scored twice for his country’s under-21s this week, says his time in Norfolk had a detrimental impact on that love, and he had to leave to rediscover it.

“Unfortunately in England I didn't have that good feeling,” he continued. “I didn't have the fun of football.

“I rarely played and didn't feel as much confidence as I did here. But even in difficult phases, I receive appreciation at Fortuna and am not left behind.”

Not sure what to make of it really. It's not fair to beat the club up about it as clearly there are many examples of players who have thrived and anjoyed their time here. On the other hand I am struggling a bit about the type of player we are trying to attract and retain nowadays.

For some reason he doesn't like English football and seemingly the physicality and work rate that goes with it - fine it's not for everyone. Just hope we can get a fair proportion of our money back in a deal that's right for NCFC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Bundesliga 2? A rung or two below Championship level? You sure?

Quiet, two Attendances of over 50,000 this season in an awesome stadium. Good luck to the lad. 

Bundesliga 2 has a few decent teams but nothing like the top championship teams, generally. 

Not their fault and they'll acknowledge themselves they don't have the financial power as top champs clubs tend to. Some very well supported sides in numbers but that doesn't automatically make the league a good standard.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

For some reason he doesn't like English football and seemingly the physicality and work rate that goes with it - fine it's not for everyone.

I thought it was more the never playing thing that he disliked. He wanted to be believed in but was only given fleeting moments and never had the opportunity to find his feet. He was totally mismanaged here. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic but it's a pretty messed up state of affairs when Tzolis is shipped out on loan while Onel is starting every week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I thought it was more the never playing thing that he disliked. He wanted to be believed in but was only given fleeting moments and never had the opportunity to find his feet. He was totally mismanaged here. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic but it's a pretty messed up state of affairs when Tzolis is shipped out on loan while Onel is starting every week. 

He also cost nearly £10m!! You’d think we had some belief in him after paying that much. Brian fart moment obviously, it’s a Stuart Webber all is forgotten moment when it suits. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He also cost nearly £10m!! You’d think we had some belief in him after paying that much. Brian fart moment obviously, it’s a Stuart Webber all is forgotten moment when it suits. 

We might as well have signed Brian Fart.