Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Sunday’s Pre Match “music”

When I went to my seat in the River End my ear drums were battered by an incredibly loud noise.  No discernible tune and impossible to hold a conversation.  I know there needs to be pre match build up but surely there must be something better than that.  Years ago we had Moving on Up by M People and later O Fortuna but we need something with a bounce or beat to get us in the mood.

I was told the players choose the music but can’t see why, as wouldn’t think they hear it anyway - or maybe they do if it’s so loud it reaches the changing rooms.

Just now, Myra Hawtree said:

When I went to my seat in the River End my ear drums were battered by an incredibly loud noise.  No discernible tune and impossible to hold a conversation.  I know there needs to be pre match build up but surely there must be something better than that.  Years ago we had Moving on Up by M People and later O Fortuna but we need something with a bounce or beat to get us in the mood.

I was told the players choose the music but can’t see why, as wouldn’t think they hear it anyway - or maybe they do if it’s so loud it reaches the changing rooms.

Best it’s been in years, another than the walk out tune 

I wasn’t at the game yesterday, but the pre match music at Southampton was utterly dire. There’s really no need for dance music type-stuff when you’re going to be watching a football match!

53 minutes ago, deltic31 said:

I think the pre-match music should be Thunderstruck by AC-DC

Hooligan by The Smiths as the players walk out would give me a twitch. 

2 hours ago, splutcho said:

To be fair, the PA in the Barclay is so bad I can't tell what music they were playing to comment.

Same in the Geoffrey Watling, could not hear a word the announcer was saying, luckily we had the screen to reference re subs, time added on etc........

I love GnR playing as they come out and finally binning off samba de Janeiro as goal music, although the goal music might have changed last season we scored so little at home we wouldn't have relaised

The music is played loud to drown out the fans abusing each other before the game. On instructions of the Football League. It may be it was louder on Sunday because it was Millwall who are as offensive as it gets.