Women’s football is in flux with some nations improving drastically with others not having the same motivation/facilities/culture etc

Thats why you get some lop sided games I guess and why England can beat Romania 20-0 or whatever.

England should be opportunistic and put the sword in. Smash Haiti with no mercy and claim the trophy from the boring, methodical athlete based Americans.

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare you say they are bad quality... Don't you know female footballers should be payed the exact same as male ones? 😉

Oh shut the f*** up you womble. Who even says that on this thread? It’s not relevant whatsoever, but don’t let that stop you trying to be funny unsuccessfully as per. 

Buh makes a very salient point about the gap in the countries investing in it and those not as to the big disparity in standard. The rugby union World Cup isn’t a far cry from this tbh. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Spain one up, should open up the floodgates now. 

They’re a very good side on the ball tbf, posed a good test for England at the Euros and played some very Spainesque possession football along the way 

Using England as a yardstick there is a very obvious difference in the standard of football.The opening game between New Zealand and Norway was quite poor.England are streets ahead in ability.

Dear oh dear. Cracking save by the keeper. Have another go. Very harsh. Yes she was off the line but real time nobody noticed except a person watching a monitor.

• Confused 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Dear oh dear. Cracking save by the keeper. Have another go. Very harsh. Yes she was off the line but real time nobody noticed except a person watching a monitor.

Goes to show what coming off your line gives you in terms of an advantage as a goalie though

that foul for the penalty though! Defender both hands in the air from the cross! Outrageous!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Is a trip a trip if the trippee wasn’t tripped?

Penalty.

Even then, the contact for the 'penalty' was minimal, albeit painful. 

I think they arrived at the right decision by the wrong means, with a very soft 'trip' cancelling out a foul that, whilst it was a foul, was not a clear and obvious error. 

It should've been a silent check and quick wave of play on, in my opinion. Not a four-minute stoppage.

Looks like the women are taking a leaf out of the men’s book and putting in an iffy first performance - just get through it and I’m sure  they will improve and play themselves into the tournament.

55 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not true, I called it straight away.

I would love to know what has happened between Weigman and Houghton. Bizarre that she wasn't included once Williamson was ruled out. She'd have been a huge step up on a not match fit Bright today, she's been dreadful.

Good for you

Good for England, penalty would never have been saved had the goaly not broken the rules, sensible officiating.

Our midfield just rushing everything and forcing too much. Just keep possession.

Agreed. I think James is wasted at left wing as well Toone is struggling we need her at 10

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Good for England, penalty would never have been saved had the goaly not broken the rules, sensible officiating.

Cannot stand what technology is doing to the game.

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Cannot stand what technology is doing to the game.

I hate what it's use is doing to the game.

Today it's enhanced it and eradicated injustices.

Only thing that matters in the opening game is the win, but England's worrying lack of cutting edge in 2023 has continued into the World Cup.

• Like 2