Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

2023/4 squad

As usual we have players injured, players who the Manager doesn’t rate, players who the Manager does rate that are next to useless, players who haven’t even returned yet  and the seasons two weeks away. Are other clubs in the same boat or is it just us?

6 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

As usual we have players injured, players who the Manager doesn’t rate, players who the Manager does rate that are next to useless, players who haven’t even returned yet  and the seasons two weeks away. Are other clubs in the same boat or is it just us?

Yes, other teams have moaning fans that have read too much into preseason as they have nothing better to do with their time. 

• Haha 1

United have name Bruno as club captain, and we still don't know ours!! It's absolutely ludicrous, no wonder they're champions league and we're heading straight down to league one.. etc .etc. etc. 

22 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Can you expand on this and name the players you are referring to? 

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Forget other clubs- we are clearly behind where the club told us we would be. 

It’s almost as though there are loads of other clubs all trying to outcompete each other for limited places where sometimes they manage it and other times they don’t. Weird concept competitive sport. 

Maybe keep your toys in the pram, it won’t always go the way we plan and sometimes that’s our fault, other times it’s because others did it better. It’ll come around again just as sure as next preseason you’ll be predicting Armageddon (again) 

Edited by SwearyCanary

Last season I actually predicted that without a CDM we would finish EXACTLY where we did. According to Hoggy et al though I was being a rotten misery and still am too negative - yet facts say otherwise. Don’t they? 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Last season I actually predicted that without a CDM we would finish EXACTLY where we did. According to Hoggy et al though I was being a rotten misery and still am too negative - yet facts say otherwise. Don’t they? 

Sun shines on a dog’s **** sometimes 

Let’s see your predictions for this season then Nostradamus. Be good to have one, so far you’ve predicted we wont be promoted, but I feel a bit more specificity is fair with your prowess. You’ve essentially predicted we could finish 3rd-24th 

Edited by SwearyCanary

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Wow, you’ve never mentioned this before.  One prediction right among thousands wrong doesn’t make you mystic Meg, more like mystic smeg.

Last summer I got it exactly right - all you clappers were way off. Yet instead of having the decency to say “fair play” or “well done” facts proved you were right and we were wrong - you just shout “oh you got lucky”

I didn’t get lucky. It was clear we needed a CDM and that we lacked bite in midfield. That is why I predicted 13th. I said with that signing we would make playoffs. I was right.

This summer I say the manager is a liability as proved in the failure of his trial for the full time job last season. I also say something is now off behind the scenes. Had there been any more games it would have been squeaky bum time. We have added a bit of steel with old war horses but have not replaced the main striker or CDM or lack of creativity. If there are not a couple of very decent signings I say we will again fluff our lines. 13th- 17th. 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Last summer I got it exactly right - all you clappers were way off. Yet instead of having the decency to say “fair play” or “well done” facts proved you were right and we were wrong - you just shout “oh you got lucky”

I didn’t get lucky. It was clear we needed a CDM and that we lacked bite in midfield. That is why I predicted 13th. I said with that signing we would make playoffs. I was right.

This summer I say the manager is a liability as proved in the failure of his trial for the full time job last season. I also say something is now off behind the scenes. Had there been any more games it would have been squeaky bum time. We have added a bit of steel with old war horses but have not replaced the main striker or CDM or lack of creativity. If there are not a couple of very decent signings I say we will again fluff our lines. 13th- 17th. 

Your reasoning is sound. It’s basically incredibly obvious to everyone but it’s sound. Your predictions have also been WLDLY out historically too though haven’t they? What happened there? Tea leaves key you down? 
Tbf to you you’ve gone for 13-17th so that’s your prediction and a reasonably defined one. Let’s see at the end of the season whether you’re right. Should I pop it in a new thread and just bump it weekly? Ooooh we could do a running sweepstake 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes sure- unless there are, as I stated, a couple of very decent signings. Then I will revise. 

Will you specify your criteria for decent signings?