Yellow Green Army

Could Rashica be our saviour

The big pity about him is that if he had carried on the way he started he would be worth a lot more now, and even possibly for a PL team, than the money we will get for him.

We are making a loss rather than a profit. Not particularly down to Webber.

He won't return because he doesn't want to and in that sense Gala holds the trump card despite the contractual situation. We cannot afford to pay, but not play a player.

His performances in the four Championship games he did play in suggested that his attitude stinks in any case, although there may have been other factors.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Rahica no if he is here he will be suitably p'eed off.  We lack creativity howeverv there is one creative player on our books Bali Mumba but doesn't sound Wagner rates him.  Did it last year for Plymouth maybe not to be given chance at City.  Poor mans Emi perhaps but has some ability to create.  I assure you.

Wagner rates him as a full-back or wing-back as they now have to be.

Either Wagner's nuts or I am.

I think he's an out-and-out forward player with insufficient defensive talents, but I must be the nutty one because David Wagner has far more credentials than I, a mere pub league player. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Who knows, but only thing for sure right now is that while Gala  and City continue this seemingly long term issue into finding an agreed fee for his transfer to Gala then he is  our player, back in training this coming week, reunited with Josh and with a new head coach in DW. Thats at least a positive i would think, not seeing Smith  and Shakey around.

Would imagine he  still will be away at some point but while he is here itll be interesting to see his  mindset. We fans should not pre judge him based on him being a year away, lets just  see how things  develop.

According to reports Norwich want 8.5 mill, the Turkish club only want to pay 7 mill, we should cut our losses and sell at 7 mill,he doesn't want to be here ,we don't really want him back and holding out for more could backfire on us 😄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

According to reports Norwich want 8.5 mill, the Turkish club only want to pay 7 mill, we should cut our losses and sell at 7 mill,he doesn't want to be here ,we don't really want him back and holding out for more could backfire on us 😄

He'll probably go for 6.5m on the last day of the transfer window. We're not exactly in a position of negotiating strength and fundamentally the player doesn't want to be here. Ideally we needed a bidding war but there seems to be a distinct lack of interest in for who is a pretty ordinary player, at least in England anyway.

On 15/07/2023 at 19:10, Google Bot said:

Connor and Paddy discussed Rashica before kickoff, and said that he's still on holiday. (timestamped above)

Apart from a few nearly, nearly good flashes , he's basically  very basic. Honestly , infact, he's been on holiday since arriving at Norwich  City. 

• Like 1

Galatasaray are also soon to be in Champions League qualfying and would want him sooner rather than later so get him training and playing while he's motivated for the move, but slowball Galastasaray. If it turns out later down the road we get less than we could get right now so be it. But I'd consider keeping him, loaning him just for spite at his poor attitude unless the money we'd get will actually bring in a player out you go

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Apart from a few nearly, nearly good flashes , he's basically  very basic.

He'd tear up the championship, pretty sure of that. 

Question is whether we've the ability from a management perspective to get him locked in and invested in our success.

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He'd tear up the championship, pretty sure of that. 

Question is whether we've the ability from a management perspective to get him locked in and invested in our success.

Maybe your correct. I'm not sure. I really feel he does not want to be here. Therefore there is no point in flogging a dead horse. WE shall see. 😌 

2 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

From a report i saw just 2 days ago the 7 mill Gala are willing to pay is Euro not pounds...5 mill Euro and 2 mill euro  adds..if thats so then there is quite the difference if City are seeking 10 mill Euro.