Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Millwall home game moved

Aaaand we're off!....Don't arrange or book your Planes, Trains an' Automobiles travel or accommodation in advance....and in doing so probably save a few squid....

Just wait until the game home or away is deffo going to be played at an officially agreed time....whenever...

I can't work out what the regular date and kick off times will be for the games. It could be affected by when other broadcasters show Prem games i.e. Sky don't get them one weekend so show a champs game. Currently looking like Fri 8pm, Sat+Sun 12pm and you'd expect the usual 17:30 in there.

Oh FFS. Had plans for that Sunday.

That's the great thing about a season ticket over £500 a year and Saturday's off.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

That's the great thing about a season ticket over £500 a year and Saturday's off.

It's not a new thing Capt. 

Unfortunately. 

53 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Aaaand we're off!....Don't arrange or book your Planes, Trains an' Automobiles travel or accommodation in advance....and in doing so probably save a few squid....

Just wait until the game home or away is deffo going to be played at an officially agreed time....whenever...

Bang goes another train journey. These Sunday 12 noon KO's are a real pain in the a*se.

According to an article in Time Out train strike for August on the 18th and 20th, so ok for 21st except trains always in wrong places after a strike.  But as its on Sky do not need to go, strike had ruled out the Saturday fixture.  Seems trains ok for Hull game for your interest.  I would suggest if going by train avoid earlier train times 12.00 might be a problem . 

https://www.timeout.com/uk/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-august-rail-strikes-082522

58 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I hate it! Should be like Germany were one game a week is outside 3pm Saturday.. here its all for the casual supporter & no thought to those that travel the length and berth of the country...

23 minutes ago, pete said:

According to an article in Time Out train strike for August on the 18th and 20th, so ok for 21st except trains always in wrong places after a strike.  But as its on Sky do not need to go, strike had ruled out the Saturday fixture.  Seems trains ok for Hull game for your interest.  I would suggest if going by train avoid earlier train times 12.00 might be a problem . 

https://www.timeout.com/uk/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-august-rail-strikes-082522

I think you're a bit muddled with dates Pete.

The strikes are planned for Friday 18th and Sunday 20th August, the new date for the match.

Had the match taken place on it's original date, Saturday 19th, all would be fine part from the odd train in the wrong place, etc.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

They always give at least 28 days notice, barring exceptional circumstances, of course, so anyone booking travel before Sky have announced their TV dates for a particular round of matches knows they're taking a risk. 

I get some of the complaints about Sky's scheduling, but people booking train tickets before the TV games have been announced is not a valid one.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I hate it! Should be like Germany were one game a week is outside 3pm Saturday.. here its all for the casual supporter & no thought to those that travel the length and berth of the country...

This is absolutely not true. BL2 games are spread over Friday (early evening to avoid clashing with the BL match later) , Saturday early to avoid the BL games and Sunday. I have no idea where your info comes from but a look at ko times last season will show you that pattern!

3 hours ago, pete said:

That article is from 2022. I don’t think that anything has been announced yet about rail strikes this August.

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

On the other hand I have plans for the Saturday ( let’s rock). 

some you win

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

That article is from 2022. I don’t think that anything has been announced yet about rail strikes this August.

The article is dated 25th August 2022 but outlining forthcoming strike days on 13th, 18th and 20th.

Most peculiar.