cambridgeshire canary

Are we set to be the "fittest team in the league"?

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It still hurts how wrong you were, doesn’t it?

In what sense mate? Haha 

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

I Do not think it is quite as easy as making the team fitter as every club has Top fitness coaches and chefs etc 

think it was Gary Neville who said Man utd got fit doing work with the ball mostly not just running 

A good manager with get us playing better not a fitness coach 

Much easier to play better for longer when you're fit. One  doesn't necessarily spoil the other , they can co exist very  well. Peak Ronaldo is a good example. 

We're going to need to be to make a high pressing style work. It only works if your attacking players are making those runs in tandem and for the whole 90 minutes. Wagner gave up on the hallmarks of his style pretty quickly last year and I don't think it was just down to injuries, with a high pressing style it's all or nothing, anything less than 100% commitment is worse than no commitment to press at all because it completely breaks down and opens you up. 

We were fit under Farke as well but that showed its benefit in how we came on strong late in games, although that was also party due to making the opposition chase us for most of the match as well. I'd suggest that to press teams effectively for 90 minutes over a 46 game championship season we're going to have to be even fitter than we were under Farke because we're the ones who are going to be doing a lot of the running.

Ideally you press them early, pin them in and then don't have to chase them all game but there will be occasions where teams with more quality will be able to play through us and in those instances we're going to have to run hard for 90 minutes, I never felt last seasons team were remotely capeable of that. 

34 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

In what sense mate? Haha 

I think the most embarrassing part was when you were willing Deano and his fat mate shakey to keep Leicester to stay up so you would be able to say it was a mistake to get rid of him, and then he got them relegated lol! confirming him as the worst premier league manager maybe if all time? Good call there my dude.

I mean, imagine still supporting Webber. That is genuinely hilarious.

28 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I think the most embarrassing part was when you were willing Deano and his fat mate shakey to keep Leicester to stay up so you would be able to say it was a mistake to get rid of him, and then he got them relegated lol! confirming him as the worst premier league manager maybe if all time? Good call there my dude.

Haha Do you make it up as you go along? 

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Haha Do you make it up as you go along? 

Yep, I call it the “Webber Technique”

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

To be fair you spent months telling us anyone could do better than Smith and that didn't actually materialise..

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair you spent months telling us anyone could do better than Smith and that didn't actually materialise..

you’d still give him 5 more games wouldn’t you?

Edited by The Real Buh

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

you’d still give him 5 more games wouldn’t you?

Ten.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

But despite the injuries, we also got out of this division in 2 out of 3 attempts, as Champions. And with a reputation of scoring late goals.

It seems its not a terrible tactic to be fitter than your opponents, certainly towards the end of crucial games.

It's not a terrible tactic at Championship level when you can have the depth of squad with quality decent enough to deal with the injuries. This falls to bits at Premier League level when the depth of players with enough quality even at peak fitness being run into the ground won't be enough.

Actually, I think you've inadvertently nailed the basic quandary of Farkeball at premier league level.

54 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Yep, I call it the “Webber Technique”

Well feel free to search but I laughed at the appointment of smith and Shakespeare at Leicester and knew they were doomed from the start 

and Webber, you have to acknowledge the work he has done but equally believe it is the right time for a change and pleased he has going 

that’s rather p1ßsed on your bonfire hasn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Well feel free to search but I laughed at the appointment of smith and Shakespeare at Leicester and knew they were doomed from the start 

and Webber, you have to acknowledge the work he has done but equally believe it is the right time for a change and pleased he has going 

that’s rather p1ßsed on your bonfire hasn’t it? 

Webber is a horrendous director of football  and his legacy is a swimming pool.

Total Fail.

• Like 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Webber is a horrendous director of football  and his legacy is a swimming pool. 

Total Fail of a sentence by Real Buh 

Fixed it for you, you pelican ; - ) 

Just now, Yobocop said:

Fixed it for you, you pelican ; - ) 

He’s also like 5 foot 6 maximum. Probably needs a booster seat to drive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s also like 5 foot 6 maximum. Probably needs a booster seat to drive.

Yeah probably mate  

10 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yeah probably mate  

He defends millionaire failure Stuart Webber on the internet

and he does it for free 😂

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Much easier to play better for longer when you're fit. One  doesn't necessarily spoil the other , they can co exist very  well. Peak Ronaldo is a good example. 

my point was we should already be as fit as we can be or need to be 

spend millions on fitness diet and sports science 

29 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Leicester weren't far off survival, to be fair.Most fair-minded people would recognise there was a substantial improvement in their results from where he took over, which is doubtless factored into why serious clubs still take him seriously.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Leicester weren't far off survival, to be fair.Most fair-minded people would recognise there was a substantial improvement in their results from where he took over, which is doubtless factored into why serious clubs still take him seriously.

Doomed mate, weren’t far off doth butter no parsnips 

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

He defends millionaire failure Stuart Webber on the internet

and he does it for free 😂

You don’t look much better at whatever it is you’re trying to achieve (for free)

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Substantial is stretching it to say the least. He failed again with players easily good enough to survive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

You don’t look much better at whatever it is you’re trying to achieve (for free)

Supplying basic observations on poor management and leadership?

the grounds leaving en-masse at Carrow road last year are all the evidence I need.

imagine supporting Stuart Webber. Imagine being that daft.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Supplying basic observations on poor management and leadership?

the grounds leaving en-masse at Carrow road last year are all the evidence I need.

imagine supporting Stuart Webber. Imagine being that daft.

Pretty “basic” to see that all that his legacy is a “swimming pool”

16 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Pretty “basic” to see that all that his legacy is a “swimming pool”

I’m not even sure about the swimming pool right now tbh

44 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Substantial improvement in their results?!

Brendan Rogers managed 0.89 points per game (25 points in 28), Dean Smith managed 0.9 points per game (9 points in 10). And 40% of Dean Smith's fixtures were home times against teams 13th and lower and he had an away tie against one of only two teams below them in the table.

Do you really think fair-minded people would recognise a 0.0072 PPG improvement as "a substantial improvement in their results"?! Absolutely mental.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Substantial improvement in their results?!

Brendan Rogers managed 0.89 points per game (25 points in 28), Dean Smith managed 0.9 points per game (9 points in 10). And 40% of Dean Smith's fixtures were home times against teams 13th and lower and he had an away tie against one of only two teams below them in the table.

Do you really think fair-minded people would recognise a 0.0072 PPG improvement as "a substantial improvement in their results"?! Absolutely mental.

The way they gunned for Deano to succeed at Leicester to make them feel better for backing him at Norwich.

”See!… See!… we should have kept him!”

it was quite something to behold. Big Brain.image.png.e3f536fc80743ee2f4724796eb50268b.png

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

my point was we should already be as fit as we can be or need to be 

spend millions on fitness diet and sports science 

Deano cut down on training.  Wagner feels it needs to be ramped up. Dont see an issue.  

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Deano cut down on training.  Wagner feels it needs to be ramped up. Dont see an issue.  

i have no issue with it just saying that we should be that fit already with all the help the players get with diet and wearing monitors training and playing , all the medical and fitness coaches ,

in my eyes the players should be peak fitness who ever the is manager with all the background staff 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

The way they gunned for Deano to succeed at Leicester to make them feel better for backing him at Norwich.

”See!… See!… we should have kept him!”

it was quite something to behold. Big Brain.image.png.e3f536fc80743ee2f4724796eb50268b.png

What’s the plan for next season bud now the big bad wolf Webber has left? 

who are you and your pals going to have a woopsie in your pants about now? Awww it’s too cute actually 

11 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A damning indictment of Smith and Shakespeare. 

.....which we could all see. 
We went from dominating 90 minutes of football to blowing out of our arses at the 60th minute.