Feedthewolf

The Lion & Castle: opening 21st July

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

'The financial situation is more stable?'

Come on, we are the only repeatedly skint Football Club who has ever spent more than £100 million on Wages in a single season and by a long chalk. At the same time we are apparently justified in charging the highest admission prices in the EFL for finishing top of the bottom half allied to the Scrooge approach to shareholders who on first stab are offered no more than their money back after 20 years on a blatantly obselele scheme when that wage bill has increased up to 15 fold and could easily have been curtailed to deliver the ground expansion sorely needed.

We need the likes of @Mello Yello and @The Real Buh on supporter representation duty. People who will adopt true Norfolk principles of calling a spade a spade

Lol

The only way I’d turn up to one of these events is if I can have a charity boxing match with Stuart Webber. All proceeds go to disaffected kids in Earlham who are afraid of hills or whatever he claims to be climbing(/getting dragged up in a oxygen tent by Sherpas) Everest for.

• Haha 1

Stone the Crows. We actually get to the same conclusion. Must be something to do with the Lion and the Castle! 

Let's hope the Executive Director for Vision and Strategy follows soon because as @Parma Ham's gone mouldy states there is no vision. Doubt whether we will get any tomorrow night especially when questions aren't submitted in advance and no Chairman or Non Execs present.

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps that is why it was indicated that they would be opting for craft ale instead?(?)

Cask ale deteriorates after 3 to 5 days and real ale by day 7.

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Essex appears to be for life....... 

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Essex appears to be for infinity....... 

And beyond.....

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Craft ale comes in cans. It lasts months.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

What's the point of going to a pub and drinking cans? Seriously. 

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

What's the point of going to a pub and drinking cans? Seriously. 

Quite. That is why I am likely to favour Spoons. Besides serving real ale it will be cheaper than paying them double the price for something, that whilst quite pleasant, I can drink at home.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Quite. That is why I am likely to favour Spoons. Besides serving real ale it will be cheaper than paying them double the price for something, that whilst quite pleasant, I can drink at home.

Sorry, just thought that you were in favour of supporting the club financially or is that only when there is (if only perceived) something in it for you, or your descendents ........

My bad 😉 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry, just thought that you were in favour of supporting the club financially or is that only when there is (if only perceived) something in it for you, or your descendents ........

My bad 😉 

Not  bad at all, as it happens.  

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My bad 😉 

If they earn it or have a genuine case fine but they don't. That is the difference between now and 20 years ago. Now we have just lazy ideas.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Greavsy

It also comes on draft as per the attachment. Like Lager it can last for months.

20230625_142902.jpg

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

@Greavsy

It also comes on draft as per the attachment. Like Lager it can last for months.

20230625_142902.jpg

You've done full circle. Well done. 

Neck oil is a lovely drop, was on it last night as it happens.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You've done full circle. Well done. 

Neck oil is a lovely drop, was on it last night as it happens.

Your mate @TIL 1010 appeared to be uninformed even if you are not.

I agree that it is reasonable but would still prefer real ale at half the price.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Your mate @TIL 1010 appeared to be uninformed even if you are not.

I agree that it is reasonable but would still prefer real ale at half the price.

Not sure why you think @TIL 1010is mate, as I'm sure he's told before we have never met, just our opinions on here concur some of the time. Certainly on your postings. 

That said I think most peoples opinions on here are similar on the topics you seem to struggle with but repeatedly raise. 

And I think most people's opinions of you are consistent and correct. 

Re the real ale, depends if you want a drink you enjoy or one based on cost. 

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on Essex Canary and why loads of people are mad at him?

I have honestly no idea why all the aggyness, I’ve missed the boat on this one. Reading between the lines it’s something about shares?

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

So why have the club advertised that there will be a wall area where you will be able to pull your own pint ?

Like our two Beer Walls, aka WonderWalls. They’re a heavenly sight: a whole wall of beers where you simply pay by card and pull your own pint.

Just to add also that i have never met @Greavsy, don't know his name in the real world and wouldn't know him if i bumped into him.

Edited by TIL 1010

45 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on Essex Canary and why loads of people are mad at him?

I have honestly no idea why all the aggyness, I’ve missed the boat on this one. Reading between the lines it’s something about shares?

Essex constantly goes on about shares in the club but instead of ignoring him some posters follow him around on here which makes it worse. If people that don't like his posts just ignored or blocked him it really wouldn't be that much of a problem.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Essex constantly goes on about shares in the club but instead of ignoring him some posters follow him around on here which makes it worse. If people that don't like his posts just ignored or blocked him it really wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Trust me, the “following people around” on this site is out of control.

some sad creatures on here.

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If people that don't like his posts just ignored or blocked him it really wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Irony meter alert !

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Irony meter alert !

All I would say is I’ve gone down the ignore route before and then been bombarded for literally years not responding to individuals but they still persist.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Well that proves my point 🙄

No i had been posting on this thread way before you turned up unless you had been doing your usual trick of lurking but then again if you had been lurking there would have been emojis from you littering the place up.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No i had been posting on this thread way before you turned up unless you had been doing your usual trick of lurking but then again if you had been lurking there would have been emojis from you littering the place up.

We should compare lurkers, see what we can find out

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Well that proves my point 🙄

You could block him. 😉 

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

@Greavsy

20230625_142902.jpg

You do know that this is not a cask or real ale and is dispensed using gas ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

“Lynn, new idea for a show. Members from the pinkun footballing messageboard travel around the county exploring real ale in country pubs with Jet from gladiators.

we’ll call it “Ale on the Rail” “

• Like 1