Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Phil Schofield

26 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Having random examples of people don't make it a logical argument and if you think there isn't a straight person whos been accussed when they've potentially groomed a child that justs plain illlogical.

'If you think'... I do so love it when that phrase comes out. I've asked for comparable examples to this involving straight people on such a flimsy basis, I've brought up Weinstein and the absence of any comparable accusations, in spite of him having been proved to have acted as a bona fide sexual predator. Nothing forthcoming.

There isn't an accusation against Schofield from anyone supposedly victimised by him. Operation Yew Tree saw hundreds of accusers come out of the woodwork over the years including 2014 where that Tik Tok video was posted. Now, with all of this scrutiny of Schofield, his supposed victim, who has been an adult a long time now, is quietly working in a pub with nobody making the effort to ask. Instead, we've got trial by media.

Might be a thought to have some idea from the supposed victim before starting a witch hunt. People supporting this hoo har have no business talking about logic.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

42 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

'If you think'... I do so love it when that phrase comes out. I've asked for comparable examples to this involving straight people on such a flimsy basis, I've brought up Weinstein and the absence of any comparable accusations, in spite of him having been proved to have acted as a bona fide sexual predator. Nothing forthcoming.

There isn't an accusation against Schofield from anyone supposedly victimised by him. Operation Yew Tree saw hundreds of accusers come out of the woodwork over the years including 2014 where that Tik Tok video was posted. Now, with all of this scrutiny of Schofield, his supposed victim, who has been an adult a long time now, is quietly working in a pub with nobody making the effort to ask. Instead, we've got trial by media.

Might be a thought to have some idea from the supposed victim before starting a witch hunt. People supporting this hoo har have no business talking about logic.

I'm not judging anybody, just bringing some history to the story.  As long as no one was abused , groomed or victimised, including PS  , i couldn't care  less. I wouldn't be so stupid to accuse or defend him, just watching a ' national treasure'  wriggle and  squirm , protest innocence yet resign. He said he has       ' struggled with his sexuality for years ' ...why is that? What is there to be conflicted about.... apart from lying to his wife and children of course. He was lauded for his bravery  in coming out. Why has the tide turned? The truth will out.  I'm not sure superinjunctions can silence independent film makers . ..... theres just too many. 

Let's wait and see if he's  being unfairly  targeted. 

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm not judging anybody, just bringing some history to the story.  As long as no one was abused , groomed or victimised, including PS  , i couldn't care  less. I wouldn't be so stupid to accuse or defend him, just watching a ' national treasure'  wriggle and  squirm , protest innocence yet resign. He said he has       ' struggled with his sexuality for years ' ...why is that? What is there to be conflicted about.... apart from lying to his wife and children of course. He was lauded for his bravery  in coming out. Why has the tide turned? The truth will out.  I'm not sure superinjunctions can silence independent film makers . ..... theres just too many. 

Let's wait and see if he's  being unfairly  targeted. 

I do find many things transmitting confused signals. As you say Corky he was praised for coming out. Why? Apart from a few hysterical homophobics, nobody bats an eyelid anymore. The same thing baffles me when I am told so and so was the first black person to score blah blah blah. It doesn't matter anymore. It just exacerbates things if you highlight them.

This Schofiled matter is getting stupid. If he has done anything wrong, legally, not morally, then the Police can deal with it. His morals might not be to my taste but who cares.

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yes if you think. Your examples have been nothing but flimsy and support nothing but a witch hunt mentally i.e. this person was this so naturally it applies to this situation. Again your missing my point and inflating with yours with many of tangents namely going on about proof.

I don't believe Schofield groomed the person and don't think it matters if he had sex with a younger person he worked. I'm going on about the media sensation being about how it can be seen/presented as grooming. A very very serious issue. The fact is he knew the person when he was a child and this is the reason everyone associated with him are running for the hills. It's not oh we've got a gay we can really hammer down on, it's oh we've got someone we can really hammer down on. Public figure, ex-childrens presenter. No evidence so what we can print what we have and get exposure.

I refuse to believe to homophobia would be the excuse when they have everything they need to go to town on someone. These people are out for profit after all(or followers). Nor would I belive a converse where they are ready to go to town on someone with a child abuse angle and hold back because the person is gay we don't want to be accussed of being homophobic.

One other point I'll make in support to the tangents you've argued on. The coverage has changed since there is nothing official coming forth from the other party involved nor the police so that's a good sign there is nothing to see here.

Holly Willoughby apologised this morning apparently. And it was very sincere.

• Haha 5

I really don't understand or give a damn about Scofield or Holly (who is she?) or Prince Harry.

It's all trite gossip for the dumbest of the masses.

Elsewhere there is major war going on that will shape Europe for decades- something proper to worry about 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Holly Willoughby apologised this morning apparently. And it was very sincere.

Bless her. The counselling and week's holiday must have been such a relief to her. 

13 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I really don't understand or give a damn about Scofield or Holly (who is she?) or Prince Harry.

It's all trite gossip for the dumbest of the masses.

Elsewhere there is major war going on that will shape Europe for decades- something proper to worry about 

Sunak going on about a problem he could easily fix and the media pumping out this meaningless pish. It's as if they don't want us to get angry about other stuff.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Sunak going on about a problem he could easily fix and the media pumping out this meaningless pish. It's as if they don't want us to get angry about other stuff.

At least Sunak isn't going on about Phillip Schofield.

I've avoided this ****, but stupidly clicked on a headline on the BBC website where Holly says she was "shaken, troubled and worried".

Your colleague had an affair and lied to you about it. Boo-****ing-hoo. You're not the victim here, Holly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You’re so Tory. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I bet Schofield voted tory. 

Funnily enough, he stitched up David Cameron with a list of alleged Tory paedophiles in the wake of Jimmy Savile, apparently.

https://www.gbnews.com/celebrity/phillip-schofield-david-cameron-this-morning-craig-oliver

Cameron's response at the time seems poignant:  “There is a danger, if we are not careful, that this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/video/2012/nov/08/david-cameron-this-morning-video

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

But for some pathetic reason, Parliament is and will be.

Then of course we have the confused Harry Mindsor. Now he may be asked to leave the USA because of his admitting to taking Class A drugs. 

Even if he did put it on his Visa application, someone will want to know why he was let in when others are refused.

Listen to what Harry has to say, it is very important. There's a good reason the press have persuaded us to hate him. 

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Listen to what Harry has to say, it is very important. There's a good reason the press have persuaded us to hate him. 

I'm pretty convinced in my head that he was used to sell papers, the tabloid ones. I would love to know the figures but could just imagine him being on the front page would sell tens of thousands more papers on any given day.

No evidence to support my belief but there have been multiple examples of phone hacking.

He is someone now freer to say stuff (anti-establishment) but at the same time he is rather compromised in that he has written a book and had a Netflix series, both of which open him up to claims that he is selling himself.

All of which this feels like a no win situation and yet it will continue to sell stories and make lawyers ever richer.

• Like 1

I agree with you about some of the ill advised stuff he has come up with. Hopefully it won't cloud out some of his important messaging today. 

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Funnily enough, he stitched up David Cameron with a list of alleged Tory paedophiles in the wake of Jimmy Savile, apparently.

https://www.gbnews.com/celebrity/phillip-schofield-david-cameron-this-morning-craig-oliver

Cameron's response at the time seems poignant:  “There is a danger, if we are not careful, that this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/video/2012/nov/08/david-cameron-this-morning-video

Hang around with dogs you get fleas. (Johnson does have a midas touch.)

Holly Willoughby, Phillip Schofield slammed for Boris ...

Things have progressed a long way towards equal rights and more and more gets called out now. So now it's nothing but careful portrayals of scandals by professional media outlets. Always good to have people keep this standards to check and ask if there could be prejudice, but of course in the public interest and to encourage potential vicitms to speak out the facts as known must be presented. If nothing more comes of it then at least the subject has not been ignored nor safeguards.

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I have multiple axes to grind with the media. The biggest one is the UK and Scottish media being completely skewed towards the Union. There's zero impartiality with the media in Scotland. Zero. It's all anti-independance and anti-SNP.

Very similar to Wales. Lot of anti-Welsh sentiment and stereotyping. 

You're right too about celebrity cultures and lynching spectacles. 

There is much more scrutiny of events, of decisions in one sense but you have to ask yourself about the quality of that scrutiny as well as bias.

Judging by the trends we witness on various social media outlets, the smearing, bullying and so on is likely to get worse at least in the short term.

The one thing that might act as a form of brake - whilst hardly being a panacea - is people being more tolerant and kind. And we can always aim / manage to do that here on this Pinkun forum.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Hang around with dogs you get fleas. (Johnson does have a midas touch.)

Holly Willoughby, Phillip Schofield slammed for Boris ...

This is what has always put me off Labour. The supporters are just so asinine. On the one hand supposedly hating the Tories so much to think this sort of cr4p is worth posting and is persuasive, but not enough to actually reform the electoral system.

37 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This is what has always put me off Labour. The supporters are just so asinine. On the one hand supposedly hating the Tories so much to think this sort of cr4p is worth posting and is persuasive, but not enough to actually reform the electoral system.

FFS.Electoral reform has no relevance to a picture of Schofield and Johnson.

46 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You managed to get electoral reform into another post then.

And ironically you live in France with its own strange bicameral system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You managed to get electoral reform into another post then.

And ironically you live in France with its own strange bicameral system.

France's system is indeed strange, but as I'm a foreigner, it's not my problem. I sometimes wonder whether French politics would drive me up the wall as much as UK politics does were it not for a degree of insulation from French politics brought about by an imperfect command of the language.

Seriously though: People hating the Tories that they feel the need to express it on a daily basis, but content with our electoral system that continues to work better for the Conservatives than anyone else. Must be absolute idiots.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

France's system is indeed strange, but as I'm a foreigner, it's not my problem. I sometimes wonder whether French politics would drive me up the wall as much as UK politics does were it not for a degree of insulation from French politics brought about by an imperfect command of the language.

Seriously though: People hating the Tories that they feel the need to express it on a daily basis, but content with our electoral system that continues to work better for the Conservatives than anyone else. Must be absolute idiots.

It isn't just the electoral system though is it. It is wrong, everyone knows that but do you really think the two major parties would risk first or second. Labour were wounded by the SNP or may well have still been in power past 2010. But now they sense blood and will use the system to that end. Its the belief that every now and then, each of the two major parties will gain power.

• Like 1