Sign in to follow this  
@NCFC@

SAFRI

Safri is one of my favourite players, but I also think that as he is injury prone we should probably sell him as he is paid to sit on the injury table for half the season. Hurts to say this as he is a great player but it is a waste of money having a player fit for half (or less) the season. 

what a stupid post. Safri is who we should build our team around and definatly not sell him what would we get 1.5/2 million? simple answer is NO! anyway on what do you base your opinion of him being injury prone.

He is a little prone to injury but thats because he gets stuck in. The

players who never get an injury are ones who are not up for it....

He''s the best player in the squad by a mile - sell him, great idea, just surprised the coaching staff didn''t beat you to it.

[quote user="YGB"]what a stupid post. Safri is who we should build our team around and definatly not sell him what would we get 1.5/2 million? simple answer is NO! anyway on what do you base your opinion of him being injury prone.[/quote]

African nations cup will also knock money value off him, if he is in africa, then he cant play for a club here!

No we dont need to sell him, ok he might have struggled with fitness, but he is amazing player. We have a crap midfield as it is, without taking away the best player there

infact take him away and we have no midfield!

sell safri and this club will collapse!!!

ok thats a bit dramatic, but safri is our best player and the thought of him leavin is worrying me

[quote user="T07"]He is a little prone to injury but thats because he gets stuck in. The players who never get an injury are ones who are not up for it....

[/quote]

what a load of utter tosh T07

i''m not even going to waste my time in explaining why 

anyway safri, like Huckerby are ''strange'' players becasue they dicate a certain formation. Safri is born for the diamond, whilst Hucks is born for the free role (as long as it''s on the left touchline) that goes against a diamond. Having 3 in the middle to allow Saf to sit is fine, but then it means one up front, having saf as part of two central midfielders leaves us with Hughes trying to play against 2 or 3 oppo players becasue Saf wants to sit. If Hughes backs Saf up to have a better combative chance, then both midfielders sit in front of the back 4 and we concede the midfield areas.

saf is technically a great player but he certainly comes with his problems

[quote user="YGB"]what a stupid post. Safri is who we should build our team around and definatly not sell him what would we get 1.5/2 million? simple answer is NO! anyway on what do you base your opinion of him being injury prone.[/quote]

What is he basing the injury prone comment on?  Probably the amount of time he has spent being injured since joining but i could be wrong?  He has started 24 of 38 games and not finished at least 10 of them for injury/fitness reasons.

I love watching Safri but there is no way you can build a team around one player let alone one that will struggle to play 3/4''s of your fixtures.

Yeh, agree with Saint, Safri struggles with the fitness side of things, but is undoubtedly the only glimmer of quality in our midfield. We cant build a team around one player, let alone someone who doesnt play 100% of the matches. He is good, but how many matches does he miss?

Very strange original post thinking he should be sold......yep, lets play Robbo and Ethuhu instead........

i think the fact we''ve won once without safri in team in a year answers the question of how important he is to us. (and that was a 90th minute winner!)

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

i''m not even going to waste my time in explaining why 

[/quote]

Well perhaps you should, though the rest of your point I concur with entirely.

A measure of our midfields ability is that he has started to be

described as our ''playmaker''...... a while since we had one of them eh?

Where would we be without Safri this season?

He carried us up till christmas and without him we would be struggling at the bottom. One win without him is a dreadful record.

2 or 3 from, Chubby Charlton, Dixon Where are you, Dixon 2 (jarret if he comes back), clueless Carl and the improving clapper hughes would be a disaster. But then worthy would use the cash and bring back Gary holt.

sell him because he is injured.. thats rediculous!

should Real Sell Ronaldo because he is constantly injured????

Safers is important to the side and u dont sell important players because of injury....

jas :)

i thought the post about tactics was very well thought out and definatly agree with the bit about huckerby, when playing 4-4-2 we are too soft down left and the midfield pairing can get over run, i do feel safri is best holding but can still do a very good job in a 4-4-2 as long as he has a midfielder who likes going forward.

4-5-1 is how i''d play against good sides

green

fleming, doc, shax, drury

hughes, Safri, robinson

mcveigh, hux

mckenzie/earnshaw