Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Crunch time!

Crunch time coming up tonight - and shame to say it is the first time this season I've been really interested in matches. 

I want us to win today and Deano save his job and our season over the next few matches, but if he doesn't something will have to happen, given the way fans feel - so actually, win or lose, it's a big match given the two home matches coming up.

Interesting times, I'm up for this one......are you? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Crunch time coming up tonight - and shame to say it is the first time this season I've been really interested in matches. 

I want us to win today and Deano save his job and our season over the next few matches, but if he doesn't something will have to happen, given the way fans feel - so actually, win or lose, it's a big match given the two home matches coming up.

Interesting times, I'm up for this one......are you? 

I ought to be as I'll be there but it's more of a chore than anything. Couldn't care less about DS. I want him replaced but I'd rather we didn't lose.

Above all I want us to play with flair which will hopefully be the start of something to enjoy instead of the almost unremitting dross of the season so far.

• Like 1

I imagine it’ll be more of the same as we’ve seen in the last few matches but the players will be overweight from Christmas dinner.

but the stats will be lovely and prove we were the “better team”, I’m sure.

• Haha 2

I do believe after Smiths criticism  of fans -   fans will feel for smith and cheer him and clap - only if we lose and play poorly then there may be a few boos . Could it be his last days if we lose again I believe not- webber will continue with him until its too late to do anything about the situation- though we will have to see what develops

38 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I like Nestle Crunch.

That is all.

What is that? I only ever get a Cadbury Selection box. 

Happy to say it's a much better mix of treats than DS is going to serve up tonight. 

18 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

I do believe after Smiths criticism  of fans -   fans will feel for smith and cheer him and clap - only if we lose and play poorly then there may be a few boos . 

Maybe in a parallel universe but that won't be the ' narrative ' tonight if 1200 of us have spent 90 mins shivering in the delight that is Kenilworth Rd.

If he didn't get any earplugs from Santa yesterday he'll wish he had...

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

What is that? I only ever get a Cadbury Selection box. 

Happy to say it's a much better mix of treats than DS is going to serve up tonight. 

It's milk chocolate with rice crispies.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I ought to be as I'll be there but it's more of a chore than anything. Couldn't care less about DS. I want him replaced but I'd rather we didn't lose.

Above all I want us to play with flair which will hopefully be the start of something to enjoy instead of the almost unremitting dross of the season so far.

Hope it's a good performance for you and the other fans going tonight 👍

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I suppose it would be fair to say that anyone mad enough to be going to Luton on a cold Boxing Day evening when the game's live on TV deserves what's coming to them. 🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:
5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I suppose it would be fair to say that anyone mad enough to be going to Luton on a cold Boxing Day evening when the game's live on TV deserves what's coming to them. 🙄

That's the spirit 😀

"Always look on the bright....." 🎶

I thought the crunch was Blackburn but he has been given a lifeline by the exec.

If we play really well but lose to a better team tonight I can accept it. But if sends out Sinani rather than Nunez tonight, I will question his ability to coach this team.

He owes everyone a good performance with the best players available and we must have it tonight.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

Away fans have generally been great this season and got behind the team far better than our home crowd. Even Swansea, which I didn't go to, sounded loud and you could hear them well into a game we'd been second best in.

Mucho respecto to those hardy souls travelling to "rootin' tootin' luton".....I with man-flu shall be watching the game from the comfort of my recliner.....I'm hoping for a win but can see us coming away with nothing.....I think the travelling hardy souls will let the board and Dean and Co know what their true feelings are, if we do fail to get something from tonight's game....

Anything otherthan a win will be unacceptable, even a win if it's another Swansea style performance.

If we happen to win 3 league games on the bounce maybe I might change my opinion of Smith, but I just want him gone so we can move on.

I expect us to win tonight as Luton are a very different animal having lost Nathan Jones. If we can't beat them, then there really is no hope.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I shall be on my way in a while, nice to be criticised by our own fans.

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are not the away fans that make the noise likely to be a big part of the noisey fans at home?

As someone who's been home and away, and who's home season ticket is lower barclay, I'd suggest if they're one and the same they don't really bother as much at home. Not this season anyway.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As someone who's been home and away, and who's home season ticket is lower barclay, I'd suggest if they're one and the same they don't really bother as much at home. Not this season anyway.

Snap and snap.

• Like 1