Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Worthington, Players called in for extra training..

Did anyone else see this headline and just feel despair?

I was hoping to read Worthington called in to discuss managerial future, but get this instead.

The extra training will probably do the players more harm than good.

Worthy also said that he would not call the players in yesterday as they had just had a game and he wouldn''t get anything out of them...................

What game had they just played? I didn''t see them at Palace.

You just don''t seem to recognise the importance of the ''work ethic'', your Honour... Suppose that''s what comes of being a member of the aristocracy and having servants to do all those menial jobs for you....  More veg, my Lord?

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Did anyone else see this headline and just feel despair?

I was hoping to read Worthington called in to discuss managerial future, but get this instead.

The extra training will probably do the players more harm than good.

[/quote]

we can expect another injury I guess then!!  More Running!!  MORE WORK!!!  HARDER HARDER!!!  ROUGH HIM UP THORNEY!!  HOOF IT TO THE BIG ONE DRURY!!!  HOOF IT!!  JUMP ERNY JUMP!! YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR BULK ERNY!!!  HARDER!!  FASTER!!  KEEP AT IT HUGHESEY!!!! HARDER!!!  WORK HARDER!!!  I NEED TO SEE MORE ENERGY FROM YOU GREENO!!!  I TOLD YOU TO HOOF IT TO THE BIG ONE DRURY!!!  YOUR NOT JUMPING HIGH ENOUGH MCVEIGH!!!  WORK HARDER!!!  MORE CLAPPING HUGHES!!!  THATS IT CLAP CLAP!!! ETUHU  GET UP FRONT!!  HOOF IT TO THE BIG ONE DOHERTY!!!

Extra Training!!!!!!!!!!!

After that pathertic shower of sh!te at the weekend I would have them bring a sleeping bag each to Colney and not let them leave until they can

1 - Pass the ball along the GROUND. It was like the Wimbledon of old had returned to Selhurst!!!

2 - Have a defence and midfield not to play as deep with strikers constantly offside!!

I fail to see what extra training will do. I have even heard that Etuthu is fantastic at Colney (maybe because he is put up against Hughes every time). Norwich''s problem is that they go out into matches tentatively with no aim to impose themselves on the opposition and play THEIR game. They then often get out-fought in the opening 15 minutes and often concede. No momentum has been built up and so the little possession they get they waste with long, aimless balls up the park to players dwarfed by central defenders of (like Hughes) run aimlessly around until all options are gone and the pass goes straight to the opposition.

Training will not solve this ... we are push overs and we have no arrogance and swagger and self-belief that even when things go wrong we will be able to turn it around. The players do not need extra training the management does. WHY CAN''T WE EVER IMPOSE OURSELVES???

OTBC - enough is enough

So they dont train the day after (Sunday) and they dont train on Mondays, and either Wednesday or Thursday is their ''day off''

When exactly do they do anything?

HE CERTAINLY DIDNT GET THEM IN ON SUNDAY AS THEY WERE HOME LATE FROM THE FIGHT IN LONDON (HOPE THEY ENJOYED THEMSELVES AFTER SUCH A WONDERFUL DISPLAY IN THE AFTERNOON - THEY DESERVED IT). 

i wouldnt of let them go to the boxing! either that or id of let them go then told them i wanted them at colney at 5am on sunday morning.

jas :)

Thats Increase the injuires. Well done worthy in a few weeks we wont have a team left cause they''ll be knackered or injuired!

Hello people,I have read this board for some time now and enjoy it greatly......now I feel i should post!!!I have supported City for around 20 yeras now,catching the occasional game to watch,and feel i must have jinxed the team as my daughter and son(4 and 6) were bought there first home kits this season,but all joking aside these are worrying times!

I have for some time felt that we should all get behind worthy....BUT  now after Saturday I despair, i feel Nigel has taken us  as far as he can,and we need a change of manager.

I am all for giving people a chance as I felt Worthy was owed that at least for the things he had managed to bring to Norwich City Football Club,so it does pain me to wite this message.Tom  although I have just put my views across I must say that that your message was unfair,there will be fans who say he should bring them in for extra training to give the players a kick up the a**e,and there will be others like yourself who say it may injure the players......He just can''t win,can he?

Anyway here''s to better things for our beloved football club.