Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

"We're not a PR arm of the football club"

1 minute ago, ridgeman said:

One thing is for sure he can’t build a premier league team he’s tried twice. Lol

Like it Ridgeman . STRAIGHT talking . His time is done here surely. 

9 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

You are not answering the question like everyone else.... Stuart Webber was specifically called out. Why is it HIS responsibility to screen the media comments of the Finance Director?

Because departments are not watertight. What Department A does will affect Departments B & C. This is especially true of PR and media departments, who are very aware of the need for good communication, internally as well as externally.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Because departments are not watertight. What Department A does will affect Departments B & C. This is especially true of PR and media departments, who are very aware of the need for good communication, internally as well as externally.

And that's why they are all in it together according to Zoe . They meet on a daily basis for the best way to move the club forward and therefore talk with her and Stuart as she states. Simple. No pedantic ****. 🤣😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

And that's why they are all in it together according to Zoe . They meet on a daily basis for the best way to move the club forward and therefore talk with her and Stuart as she states. Simple. No pedantic ****. 🤣😉

I can only see two explanations, with one extra possibility:

1) The Media Department screwed up badly by releasing the video in its current state without consulting with other departments

2) Webber was made aware of the controversial aspects of the video and was happy for it to be released

3??) The Finance and/or Media Department took the chance to put the knife into Webber by releasing this because they are sick of having to work alongside his petulance and overweaning ego.

6 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Let us try again. So if they are all in it together, why was Stuart Webber singled out for allowing this interview to happen?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Let us try again. So if they are all in it together, why was Stuart Webber singled out for allowing this interview to happen?

Yes, let us try again for one last time before we finish this conversation.

Webber is singled out because HE is the person who called the fans 'w*nkers', HE is the person who is refusing to talk to the local press, HE is the person who has frozen out people like Michael Bailey, HE is the person that many fans have an issue with since he told them to find another club if they aren't happy, so this interview will have possible repercussions for him and not for the other Directors.

That is why, if I were the Director of the Media Department, I would have raised the content of this video with him before releasing it and why I believe it's simply incredible that s/he would not do so.

Edited by canarybubbles

6 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Webber is singled out because HE is the person who called the fans 'w*nkers', HE is the person who is refusing to talk to the local press, HE is the person who has frozen out people like Michael Bailey, HE is the person that many fans have an issue with since he told them to find another club if they aren't happy, so this interview will have possible repercussions for him and not for the other Directors.

That is why, if I were the Director of the Media Department, I would have raised the content of this video with him before releasing it and why I believe it's simply incredible that s/he would not do so.

Well said. Your words are so good. I'm so tired of listening  to the SW clone. He is very boring 😴

But what was wrong with the video?

He explained the financial situation, is it that?

He commented on what he saw in the stadium on march days, is it that?

Let's be honest, it's just flat during games, which is how I feel at the moment. If fans want Smith out or Webber out they could make it plain. Fans didn't just go flat when they wanted Worthy out. And he was a club legend.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

This would be the same media dept that put out a photo containing the most horrendous collection of homophobic abuse on social media.

Then seemed to think by adding the title 'This language is not ok' everything would be fine.

Just now, Mello Yello said:

And not even a sausage coming out from the club concerning that money losing BK8 farce.... 

And this from a club which tells us to snitch on someone who says the word 'bum' in the stadium.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

And this from a club which tells us to snitch on someone who says the word 'bum' in the stadium.

Yeah it's Far$eical.....

Edited by Mello Yello
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

'In my view' is the key part. Norwich City FC is a company, it does follow regular structures and it makes no sense at all for a Financial Director to sit under a Technical football role. Zoe is on the board, Stuart is not, they are not essentially the same.

He may not sit directly under him but thats not my point. If you think that Richens is on the same level as either of the Webbers in terms of day to day seniority or influence within the club then I think you may be very much mistaken. Stuart may not be on the board but that is not determinative of who, day to day, has the most influence on certain matters at the club. All of these other roles may have been put on this "executive" committee, but that does not mean they are calling any shots. 

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But what was wrong with the video?

He explained the financial situation, is it that?

He commented on what he saw in the stadium on march days, is it that?

Let's be honest, it's just flat during games, which is how I feel at the moment. If fans want Smith out or Webber out they could make it plain. Fans didn't just go flat when they wanted Worthy out. And he was a club legend.

C’mon Nutty, for about 11 mins it was unremarkable answers that were fine and answered questions with insight (other than the complete dodge on leadership pay).

The last 4 mins or so went off the reservation. I’ve no idea why the FD is fielding those questions and giving his opinion to be honest. Was yet more terrible PR and getting the treatment it deserves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

So no correlation with this interview by another director on a subject that doesn't relate to his area of expertise then. So after being forced to circle back to your original accusation about Webber specifically, this is your position... that it is his fault the Media department didn't raise the content with him even though there isn't much logic in them doing it anyway.

58 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

C’mon Nutty, for about 11 mins it was unremarkable answers that were fine and answered questions with insight (other than the complete dodge on leadership pay).

The last 4 mins or so went off the reservation. I’ve no idea why the FD is fielding those questions and giving his opinion to be honest. Was yet more terrible PR and getting the treatment it deserves.

I agree

But if voices were heard in the stadium like they are on here he wouldn't/couldn't have given that answer. What he sees is what it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I agree

But if voices were heard in the stadium like they are on here he wouldn't/couldn't have given that answer. What he sees is what it is.

I see what you’re saying but he’s part of a team who should be looking to do everything they can to turn that around, not blaming the fans (not for the first time) for how they feel.

Just now, Monty13 said:

I see what you’re saying but he’s part of a team who should be looking to do everything they can to turn that around, not blaming the fans (not for the first time) for how they feel.

I don't think any of the suits will turn it around. That happens on the pitch. It always has been and always will be about the football. Anything they say will be picked to pieces simply because of the dissatisfaction with the football on the pitch.

If you mean do something about it ie sack the manager I reckon that will happen if there's proper discontent at Carrow road. But at the moment the place is just flat.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think any of the suits will turn it around. That happens on the pitch. It always has been and always will be about the football. Anything they say will be picked to pieces simply because of the dissatisfaction with the football on the pitch.

If you mean do something about it ie sack the manager I reckon that will happen if there's proper discontent at Carrow road. But at the moment the place is just flat.

I’m not so sure. There’s definitely a disconnect between club and supporters that isn’t just due to results and performances IMO. The fact that the club are saying there isn’t while doing everything they can to insulate themselves from independent scrutiny seems a marked change of affairs to me.

I very much agree with the winning is the best antidote argument, I just don’t see us getting promoted unless there’s more done to galvanise the club in all aspects to pull in the same direction. If I’m wrong and we somehow limp over the line I fear how bad that next season will be.

Bailey said it best in his post match video for me (to paraphrase) - Clubs that usually get promoted are all pulling together in the same direction and there’s that positive feel about all elements of the club, we aren’t one of those clubs right now (and like I said it’s not just due to results and performances).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’m not so sure. There’s definitely a disconnect between club and supporters that isn’t just due to results and performances IMO. The fact that the club are saying there isn’t while doing everything they can to insulate themselves from independent scrutiny seems a marked change of affairs to me.

I very much agree with the winning is the best antidote argument, I just don’t see us getting promoted unless there’s more done to galvanise the club in all aspects to pull in the same direction. If I’m wrong and we somehow limp over the line I fear how bad that next season will be.

Bailey said it best in his post match video for me (to paraphrase) - Clubs that usually get promoted are all pulling together in the same direction and there’s that positive feel about all elements of the club, we aren’t one of those clubs right now (and like I said it’s not just due to results and performances).

I haven't seen us being promoted since before the season started. And nothing has really changed my mind since. But I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised. If people are genuinely expecting top two then I think they'll be disappointed. It's a heck of an expectation.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I haven't seen us being promoted since before the season started. And nothing has really changed my mind since. But I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised. If people are genuinely expecting top two then I think they'll be disappointed. It's a heck of an expectation.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation for people to have based on the squad, finances and state of the rest of the league.

However I happen to agree with you.

8 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation for people to have based on the squad, finances and state of the rest of the league.

However I happen to agree with you.

But it's reasonable based on anything seen from the team since last November. Surely that's the measure.

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But it's reasonable based on anything seen from the team since last November. Surely that's the measure.

No I approached this year with more apprehensive hope than expectation given the hangover.

However relegated teams are one of the favourites for promotion for the reasons I said. An objective observer, especially given the standard of the league, would expect us to do well given our resources.

Burnley are, Watford and us are misfiring but still maintaining touch.

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Merely pointing out that she is no longer Zoe Ward which you stated in an earlier post hertford.

Her surname seems to have changed between the Luton and Stoke match programmes. Attention to detail doesn't appear to be a strength.

Interesting thread from the Canaries Trust:

1/5 On Saturday we talked with many #NCFC fans and canvassed their views on the relationship they feel they have with @NorwichCityFC   Here is a thread of the main topics that were raised by supporters:

2/5 Everyone wanted the atmosphere to improve, and feedback included  strong support for a drum and a singing section as well as for safe standing. The relocation of away fans was also regularly mentioned.   All acknowledged no easy answers

3/5 In terms of the current perceived feeling of disconnect to the club, many felt the latest in house @NorwichCityFC stoked the flames of discontent from supporters.

4/5 Feedback showed that #NCFC do not feel the manager has a connection to the club, Norwich/Norfolk or the fans. Concerns were raised that fans aren’t aware of the tactical plan on the pitch, and they feel that this has not been communicated by the management team or the club.

5/5 Fans clearly showed respect for the manager, but showed little or no warmth.   The matchday experience has been soured by a disconnect and feeling of apathy.

https://twitter.com/canariestrust/status/1587164051095912455

Does anyone else not think there is some smoke and mirrors going on here? It's all being made out to be about the Attanasio interest... but no one has exclusivity on Attanasio if he is sitting in the wide open...

IMHO, there is more to this story and neither side are prepared to open about that. I suspect it has more than a little to do with Archants/PinkUn's response to the Webber interview as well.

Historically, it has often been said that the club generally has gone to the local, better known press over national press. There seems to have been a bit more going on to have this sort of response.

Not sure I would 100% believe either side at this point.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

No I approached this year with more apprehensive hope than expectation given the hangover.

However relegated teams are one of the favourites for promotion for the reasons I said. An objective observer, especially given the standard of the league, would expect us to do well given our resources.

Burnley are, Watford and us are misfiring but still maintaining touch.

The standard of the league is subjective. There's as much to say the standard is good as there is to say it's poor. There's 5 clubs with parachute payments. One is top, one is bottom and the rest are around the play offs 

I still hope to be pleasantly surprised with a promotion but haven't seen on the pitch evidence that we are a good enough team as yet.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The standard of the league is subjective. There's as much to say the standard is good as there is to say it's poor. There's 5 clubs with parachute payments. One is top, one is bottom and the rest are around the play offs 

I still hope to be pleasantly surprised with a promotion but haven't seen on the pitch evidence that we are a good enough team as yet.

The last 20 minutes Saturday gave me hope Double N. I don't look on it as promotion. I just think it means winning the league means you have had a good season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The last 20 minutes Saturday gave me hope Double N. I don't look on it as promotion. I just think it means winning the league means you have had a good season.

Yes I enjoyed it. I enjoy most of the games to be fair. Todd got MOM for that 20 mins for us.

Expectations are an atmosphere killer. Each game on it's merits for me. After all said and done this recent rollercoaster is unusual. Most seasons club's stay in the same league.

• Like 1