Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

"We're not a PR arm of the football club"

4 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Do you seriously believe that this interview and its contents were not personally OK'd by Webber before it was released? I find this extremely unlikely.

Yes, Anthony Richens is finance director, he doesn't report into Webber at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The atmosphere inside the club is the reason that so many people have left and I know for a fact the culture is not great. That is down to couple of people that think raising your voice is how you get respect. I for one will be happy when they leave.

Anthony Richens is the Finance Director, Webber is not his responsibility. If you know for a fact the culture is bad fine but, does Webber dictate the actions of the Finance Director?

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

Anthony Richens is the Finance Director, Webber is not his responsibility. If you know for a fact the culture is bad fine but, does Webber dictate the actions of the Finance Director?

Which Webber are you talking about?

I would certainly expect Zoe as Executive Director on the Board to have okayed it. If she didn't then things are worse than I thought. Irrespective of that, if I was on the Board I would have questioned her strongly on reasons for some of the final edit! 

One final issue then is did she discuss whether to approve it with all the senior management team with no favours before releasing it? If it was only with husband, the FD and the media team, given the broad range of topics in the video, that potentially favours three of the departments over others; if i were a senior manager whose department did not get a say over final edit i'd be pretty pissed off. 

13 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Perhaps, but if Archant were asked directly to hold fire you can understand the club's frustration that they didn't.

Yes...maybe in Russia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Yes, Anthony Richens is finance director, he doesn't report into Webber at all.

The lines trotted out by Richens are in my view, reflective of what he hears from on high from the Webber(s). They appear to run the club now, it seems with very few checks and balances.  

• Like 1

Wasn't it Butler that started the ball rolling with his photo of Attanasio and his colleagues following full-time?

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Which Webber are you talking about?

I would certainly expect Zoe as Executive Director on the Board to have okayed it. If she didn't then things are worse than I thought. Irrespective of that, if I was on the Board I would have questioned her strongly on reasons for some of the final edit! 

One final issue then is did she discuss whether to approve it with all the senior management team with no favours before releasing it? If it was only with husband, the FD and the media team, given the broad range of topics in the video, that potentially favours three of the departments over others; if i were a senior manager whose department did not get a say over final edit i'd be pretty pissed off. 

She is called Zoe Ward. Don't be obtuse, when you say Webber you mean Stuart. Cowardly to try and make out it is Zoe being referred to when challenged.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The lines trotted out by Richens are in my view, reflective of what he hears from on high from the Webber(s). They appear to run the club now, it seems with very few checks and balances.  

Webber isn't above him. This is pure conjecture from you.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

She is called Zoe Ward. Don't be obtuse, when you say Webber you mean Stuart. Cowardly to try and make out it is Zoe being referred to when challenged.

I wasn't being obtuse, just trying to re-introduce my own angle on governance as usual. I do apologise Hertford if you felt I was aiming anything at you directly, I wasn't.

Just to put on record however, she goes by the name of Zoe Webber nowadays, she has ditched Ward as confirmed from all recent club media mentions, the financial statements and filings at Companies House. I think questioning which Webber was therefore a relevant question given her status within the club.

17 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Webber isn't above him. This is pure conjecture from you.

That club is being run day to day by Stuart and Zoe Webber (she calls hereself Zoe Webber now or at least she does with all the Summit Foundation stuff). Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. 

The way the club is being run reflects the people running it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I wasn't being obtuse, just trying to re-introduce my own angle on governance as usual. I do apologise Hertford if you felt I was aiming anything at you directly, I wasn't.

Just to put on record however, she goes by the name of Zoe Webber nowadays, she has ditched Ward as confirmed from all recent club media mentions, the financial statements and filings at Companies House. I think questioning which Webber was therefore a relevant question given her status within the club.

"Webber crows about how honest and straightforward he is, but he can't cope with honesty from others"

Does that clear it up?

Again, let's be frank, when she joined the club she was Zoe Ward, when she joined the board this year, it was as Zoe Ward. In the article released this month (https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-stuart-webber-chelsea-off-field-appointments-9326336) she is called Zoe Ward. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

That club is being run day to day by Stuart and Zoe Webber (she calls hereself Zoe Webber now or at least she does with all the Summit Foundation stuff). Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. 

The way the club is being run reflects the people running it. 

The sporting director does not sit above the finance director, that is just a fact. You don't like him, fine, but this 'I reckon' kind of commentary from people like yourself is pure conjecture. What I've stated is fact.

10 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

The sporting director does not sit above the finance director, that is just a fact. You don't like him, fine, but this 'I reckon' kind of commentary from people like yourself is pure conjecture. What I've stated is fact.

Maybe not on some drawn organogram (although have never actually seen it said anywhere that the two roles are on a par) but the practical reality in a club like ours is very different. Stuart’s role is essentially equivalent to Zoe’s in my view. He runs everything football related and she runs the rest.

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Maybe not on some drawn organogram (although have never actually seen it said anywhere that the two roles are on a par) but the practical reality in a club like ours is very different. Stuart’s role is essentially equivalent to Zoe’s in my view. He runs everything football related and she runs the rest.

Referencing Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones’ influence on his switch, the Norwich Sporting Director admitted: “When the opportunity came up here, my wife said you need to speak to these people, as in the owners, because she thought I would just like it.

“When I spoke to them, they convinced me and said we’ll let you do whatever you want.

“We haven’t got the money to support it but you can do what you want and that excited me greatly because I love building stuff, I love building buildings.

“I love building culture but I love it doing it without interference from people who don’t know because what happens in football a lot is, people interfere who haven’t got a clue.

“When someone gets a bit of success as an owner or a chairman, they start to think they do know and start to go, ‘oh I think we should do this’.

“Whereas here, Delia and Michael really convinced me, or I believed should I say that these guys would let ( US ) do whatever we wanted and that was exciting.”

I bet it was so exciting  big Stu. Do whatever you want . Now I feel its more than you can handle. Time to climb your ⛰️ mountain and move on . Your times up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

Throughout the recently released accounts including under a photo she is named as Zoe Webber and in the resolution to be reappointed to the board Zoe Joanne Webber.

The Club main website....

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/board-and-executive

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Webber had no hand in the setting up of this video and he also had no idea that the interviewer was going to throw in a few curved balls which the Finance Director answered very provocatively. Are you suggesting that there was no editing stage before this interview was released? And, when the people in PR/media saw the video, none of them realised that it might not be well received by the fanbase? And therefore no one spoke to Webber about the content of the video before its release, with specific reference to the questions about the 'disconnect' with the fans, especially given the recent history of tension between Webber and both the fans and the local media?

It's just not credible, is it? 

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

'In my view' is the key part. Norwich City FC is a company, it does follow regular structures and it makes no sense at all for a Financial Director to sit under a Technical football role. Zoe is on the board, Stuart is not, they are not essentially the same.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Throughout the recently released accounts including under a photo she is named as Zoe Webber and in the resolution to be reappointed to the board Zoe Joanne Webber.

The Club main website....

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/board-and-executive

"Webber crows about how honest and straightforward he is, but he can't cope with honesty from others"

This was the original post that was referred to. Is there any doubt which Webber is being talked about Til?

3 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

"Webber crows about how honest and straightforward he is, but he can't cope with honesty from others"

This was the original post that was referred to. Is there any doubt which Webber is being talked about Til?

Merely pointing out that she is no longer Zoe Ward which you stated in an earlier post hertford.

11 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Webber had no hand in the setting up of this video and he also had no idea that the interviewer was going to throw in a few curved balls which the Finance Director answered very provocatively. Are you suggesting that there was no editing stage before this interview was released? And, when the people in PR/media saw the video, none of them realised that it might not be well received by the fanbase? And therefore no one spoke to Webber about the content of the video before its release?

It's just not credible, is it? 

I'll ask again... why is the football director, a technical role, responsible for the Media department? Why would they 'speak to' Stuart about a media item that has nothing to do with his role?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Merely pointing out that she is no longer Zoe Ward which you stated in an earlier post hertford.

The Pinkun still refer to her as that. That is how she has been known throughout her career. Are you also suggesting that it was Zoe being referenced in the comment?

20 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I'll ask again... why is the football director, a technical role, responsible for the Media department? Why would they 'speak to' Stuart about a media item that has nothing to do with his role?

Because part of their job is trying to prevent any media coverage which is likely to blow up in the club's face. So either they didn't see the likelihood of the response that followed, in which case they are inept, or they discussed it with Webber, in which case he didn't care about insulting the fans and snubbing the local media yet again.

EDIT: And we haven't even mentioned why those questions were even there in the first place during an interview with the Finance Director.

Edited by canarybubbles

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Because part of their job is trying to prevent any media coverage which is likely to blow up in the club's face. So either they didn't see the likelihood of the response that followed, in which case they are inept, or they discussed it with Webber, in which case he didn't care about insulting the fans and snubbing the local media yet again.

It's not part of his job at all. You are saying 'they' but Webber was specifically called out. Stop moving the goalposts.

THEIR job and THEY referred to PR/media department.

I agree that PR/media is not Webber's remit, but any media department worth its salt is going to know the broader picture of what is happening around the club, including the conflict between Webber and the fans, and therefore would be unlikely to release the video as it was without sounding out Webber himself.

And as I added to my previous post but you may not have seen my edit before you posted your reply:  And we haven't even mentioned why those questions were even there in the first place during an interview with the Finance Director. 

18 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

It's not part of his job at all. You are saying 'they' but Webber was specifically called out. Stop moving the goalposts.

The club's executive management committee has also been expanded, with four staff members joining Ward and sporting director Stuart Webber on the existing structure. 

Assistant sporting director Neil Adams, finance director Anthony Richens, commercial director Sam Jeffery and legal and governance director Sam Hall will join the executive committee - led on a daily basis by Ward. 

These changes are designed to bring more voices around the table for the decision making process at the club and formalise the structure that has effectively been in place throughout the current season.

Speaking on those changes, Ward said: “In order to continue to support the club’s development, we now feel it’s the right time to expand the club’s executive committee. This will better reflect the day-to-day management of the club.

“Anthony, Neil, Sam and Sam will continue to work closely with Stuart and myself as we look to achieve further growth and success across all areas of the club."

SO EVERYBODY WILL WORK CLOSELY WITH THE WEBBERS .OK. 

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

The club's executive management committee has also been expanded, with four staff members joining Ward and sporting director Stuart Webber on the existing structure. 

Assistant sporting director Neil Adams, finance director Anthony Richens, commercial director Sam Jeffery and legal and governance director Sam Hall will join the executive committee - led on a daily basis by Ward. 

These changes are designed to bring more voices around the table for the decision making process at the club and formalise the structure that has effectively been in place throughout the current season.

Speaking on those changes, Ward said: “In order to continue to support the club’s development, we now feel it’s the right time to expand the club’s executive committee. This will better reflect the day-to-day management of the club.

“Anthony, Neil, Sam and Sam will continue to work closely with Stuart and myself as we look to achieve further growth and success across all areas of the club."

SO EVERYBODY WILL WORK CLOSELY WITH THE WEBBERS .OK. 

You are not answering the question like everyone else.... Stuart Webber was specifically called out. Why is it HIS responsibility to screen the media comments of the Finance Director?

12 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

THEIR job and THEY referred to PR/media department.

I agree that PR/media is not Webber's remit, but any media department worth its salt is going to know the broader picture of what is happening around the club, including the conflict between Webber and the fans, and therefore would be unlikely to release the video as it was without sounding out Webber himself.

And as I added to my previous post but you may not have seen my edit before you posted your reply:  And we haven't even mentioned why those questions were even there in the first place during an interview with the Finance Director. 

This is your original post that I replied to...

"Good for Davitt. And for Connor Southwell, too. I know he often uses fifty words when ten would do, but he isn't scared of being honest about how he sees the club.

Webber crows about how honest and straightforward he is, but he can't cope with honesty from others."

Where is the 'THEY' in your accusation? You have since pivoted to 'THEY' but that certainly isn't what I replied to as you can see.

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

Referencing Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones’ influence on his switch, the Norwich Sporting Director admitted: “When the opportunity came up here, my wife said you need to speak to these people, as in the owners, because she thought I would just like it.

“When I spoke to them, they convinced me and said we’ll let you do whatever you want.

“We haven’t got the money to support it but you can do what you want and that excited me greatly because I love building stuff, I love building buildings.

“I love building culture but I love it doing it without interference from people who don’t know because what happens in football a lot is, people interfere who haven’t got a clue.

“When someone gets a bit of success as an owner or a chairman, they start to think they do know and start to go, ‘oh I think we should do this’.

“Whereas here, Delia and Michael really convinced me, or I believed should I say that these guys would let ( US ) do whatever we wanted and that was exciting.”

I bet it was so exciting  big Stu. Do whatever you want . Now I feel its more than you can handle. Time to climb your ⛰️ mountain and move on . Your times up. 

One thing is for sure he can’t build a premier league team he’s tried twice. Lol