Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Well, that decides nothing

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is what it is - a side 2-0 ahead at h-t away is always at risk of shipping a goal when the home side has been given a rollicking.  Seen it both for and against us often.  And in my near 45 years watching NCFC nothing is a surprise.
Of course it shouldn’t happen, but does (and Sheff U did it midweek, too).

I’m not sure id see is being 0-2 down at half time at Carrow road as a very winnable scenario under Smith 

3 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Below are the second half stats! If you don’t think they dominated then fair enough, those rose tinted Smith specs are still going strong  I see! 

4C505F70-698A-4A6F-8E6B-1D89531B0266.png

Well done - though you are just proving my point you’ve argued against?!  I said when sides are 2-0 down at home they get a right rollicking and almost always play a lot better.  This is backed up by your data, so thanks for that 👍🙂.

It shouldn’t happen but does, and Sheff U did it midweek too - so we should have been better but it is what it is.

We played well for a whole half rather than our usual 10-15 mins. The difference was Hayden and having a left back. They ran out of puff.  
Some positives. Cantwell looking more and more like his old self, Pukki too. Gibson didn’t drop a clanger.  
But what has happened to Max? Brilliant block at the end but I would put Byram in if he’s not injured. Which he undoubtedly is. 
Gunn is getting better too. 
Progress is glacial but still long way to go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m not sure id see is being 0-2 down at half time at Carrow road as a very winnable scenario under Smith 

Maybe not - but 0-2 to 2-2 or 3-2 isn’t as uncommon as it ought to be.

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is what it is - a side 2-0 ahead at h-t away is always at risk of shipping a goal when the home side has been given a rollicking.  Seen it both for and against us often.  And in my near 45 years watching NCFC nothing is a surprise.
Of course it shouldn’t happen, but does (and Sheff U did it midweek, too).

No they didn’t, Sheff Utd lost 1-0 to Coventry!

Just now, wheres my rebate gone? said:

No they didn’t, Sheff Utd lost 1-0 to Coventry!

Oh do forgive me…last home game, they drew to Blackpool. Not as though you knew precisely what I was referring to.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well done - though you are just proving my point you’ve argued against?!  I said when sides are 2-0 down at home they get a right rollicking and almost always play a lot better.  This is backed up by your data, so thanks for that 👍🙂.

It shouldn’t happen but does, and Sheff U did it midweek too - so we should have been better but it is what it is.

😂😂😂😂, so you’ve just been proved wrong and you are trying to say this data backs you up on a completely different point!!

Also I didn’t say I doesn’t happen, I was referring to you trying to deflect the fact that we lost a 2 goal lead as it happens to others!

Oh do forgive me…last home game, they drew to Blackpool. Not as though you knew precisely what I was referring to.

So you were wrong again? Ok gotcha. 

Also they were 2-0 up not down and only got the equaliser when Blackpool were down to 9 ( but let’s not let that get in the way of your facts) 😜

1 minute ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

😂😂😂😂, so you’ve just been proved wrong and you are trying to say this data backs you up on a completely different point!!

Also I didn’t say I doesn’t happen, I was referring to you trying to deflect the fact that we lost a 2 goal lead as it happens to others!

No…perhaps you’ve just missed the point I’ve been making, that I don’t feel comfortable at 2-0 h-t leads away from home.  The home side will get a rollicking and if you concede it puts a lot of pressure on.

I have deflected nothing, and as far as I’m aware not changed what I’ve been saying all evening…

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

No…perhaps you’ve just missed the point I’ve been making, that I don’t feel comfortable at 2-0 h-t leads away from home.  The home side will get a rollicking and if you concede it puts a lot of pressure on.

I have deflected nothing, and as far as I’m aware not changed what I’ve been saying all evening…

Interesting, has a Smith side ever come back from 2 goals behind at half time to win? 

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Burnley did exactly that at Sunderland: 2-0 down but won 4-2

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Assuming we fail to win at Burnley, next Saturday will be a massive game for Smith.

Shouldn't be here for the Burnley game, let alone stoke. But as he will be, if we fail to beat Burnley he definitely shouldn't be here for stoke. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Interesting, has a Smith side ever come back from 2 goals behind at half time to win? 

Why would I know that!?   
I’ve seen us do it several times - recall a great game v Saints in the 80s, we were 0-2 at h-t and won 4-3, If I recall righ, David Williams had a stormer. Edit - it was August 1986

Edited by Branston Pickle

I appreciate that Dean Smith is not terrifically popular, I myself have referred to him as ‘a bit of a journeyman mercenary’ which is certainly in stark contrast to Daniel Farke (who I also loved). 

However there is a great deal of the result and the ‘last person who sat on you’ about some of the criticism here.

The first half was excellent, the side looked far more coherent and balanced than we have seen recently. The central deep midfielder, natural left back, left-sided centre back, Cantwell buzzing about and demanding the ball, Pukki running off the last shoulder, Sargent joining up and looking strong and difficult to contain. 

Lots of round pegs in round holes. It clearly worked well. 

They had nothing to lose, threw everything at it, McBurnie is a big old awkward unit, ideally suited to such a scenario. We had two of our key players run out of gas. Pukki tried to be over-cool for his penalty (which looked awful).

It was actually by far the most coherent and well structured Norwich we have seen for some time. 

There is undoubtedly an element of not quite being ‘hard winners’ about Norwich, a lack of steel when teams put us under pressure. I would suggest it’s because we’ve spent 2 of the last 3 years getting battered every week. 

Parma 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d be genuinely interested to see when the last time we came back from 2-0 down was? 

10 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

So you were wrong again? Ok gotcha. 

Also they were 2-0 up not down and only got the equaliser when Blackpool were down to 9 ( but let’s not let that get in the way of your facts) 😜

Oh well, I misremembered…my bad…but can at least understand a point being made, which you are clearly incapable of.  

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

For the love of god…I’m losing the will here.. I can only assume you you messing about and not really this unintelligent. Can’t even be bothered.

Yes, I had a look at Villa's Smith seasons and they did it a few times

They also did things like beat Liverpool 7-2 mind...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

For the love of god…I’m losing the will here.. I can only assume you you messing about and not really this unintelligent. Can’t even be bothered.

Me unintelligent. Wow. Methinks a village needs its idiot back.  All of your posts against me have been because you couldn’t understand a simple point that I made. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Why would I know that!?   
I’ve seen us do it several times - recall a great game v Saints in the 80s, we were 0-2 at h-t and won 4-3, If I recall righ, David Williams had a stormer. Edit - it was August 1986

Sorry wasn’t aimed at you directly just expanding your point, as I can’t see Smith giving a Fergy type hairdryer half-time rollicking!

3 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I appreciate that Dean Smith is not terrifically popular, I myself have referred to him as ‘a bit of a journeyman mercenary’ which is certainly in stark contrast to Daniel Farke (who I also loved). 

However there is a great deal of the result and the ‘last person who sat on you’ about some of the criticism here.

The first half was excellent, the side looked far more coherent and balanced than we have seen recently. The central deep midfielder, natural left back, left-sided centre back, Cantwell buzzing about and demanding the ball, Pukki running off the last shoulder, Sargent joining up and looking strong and difficult to contain. 

Lots of round pegs in round holes. It clearly worked well. 

They had nothing to lose, threw everything at it, McBurnie is a big old awkward unit, ideally suited to such a scenario. We had two of our key players run out of gas. Pukki tried to be over-cool for his penalty (which looked awful).

It was actually by far the most coherent and well structured Norwich we have seen for some time. 

There is undoubtedly an element of not quite being ‘hard winners’ about Norwich, a lack of steel when teams put us under pressure. I would suggest it’s because we’ve spent 2 of the last 3 years getting battered every week. 

Parma 

Good analysis - I am half convinced supporters have a bigger PL hangover than the players, after all the last two seasons we’ve been able to attend have been bad relegations…

• Thanks 1

After seeing the highlights of Man City - Brighton, in which the officials were trying to be mates with Man City, I don’t want to be in this corrupt league anyway.

Its a worldwide product and teams like Man City sell it worldwide, if the “Big Six” started to do cr@p, then the worldwide appeal would die as many people in Asia and Africa for example support those teams. It’s like the officials are trying to prevent this from happening by helping them get all the key decisions in their favour.

Its still wrong though and it’s always the big teams getting all these aforementioned big decisions, meaning teams like us every season get put onto the back foot and made to suffer.

I don’t want this club to be part of such a greedy and corrupt league until it sorts itself out and the officials to their jobs fairly. You don’t see the big teams in rugby get all the special treatment by the officials week in week out on the TMO, unlike in football where the VAR always does.

Edited by KernowCanary

9 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d be genuinely interested to see when the last time we came back from 2-0 down was? 

Fairly sure it was actually Forest 3-3 in 2018.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Assuming we fail to win at Burnley, next Saturday will be a massive game for Smith.

We rarely sack Managers

This one is here for the foreseeable future

Sorry wasn’t aimed at you directly just expanding your point, as I can’t see Smith giving a Fergy type hairdryer half-time rollicking!

Ha - I thought you saw me as a resident Smith expert 🙂!  All I know is that Bees liked him at the time - though in actual fact, I went to their Chelsea game midweek and my mate was saying that they seemed to go on good runs followed by inexplicably losing 2-3 games….ring any bells?! 

Me unintelligent. Wow. Methinks a village needs its idiot back.  All of your posts against me have been because you couldn’t understand a simple point that I made. 

😂😂 And you’ve proved it, where have I said I didn’t understand your point about teams that are 2-0 at half time? You keep going back to that for some bizarre reason when none of my posts have said anything about it! 

1 hour ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

I’m assuming by that comment you didn’t actually watch the game? 

I watched the game. Sargent hits his shot a few inches different, Pukki scores the penalty and Sargent gets his ball right to Ramsey and/Or Cantwell makes a better decision on his break and we score. Could have had 5-6. We weren’t lucky to not lose.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1