Move Klose

Smith Out Parker In

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Smith will get this season. If we don't go up

What's the point in giving him the whole season if half way through we fall well away from the leading pack?

I think he gets the next 3 games personally, three tough fixtures, we will likely drop out of the top 6 after those. 

Dropping out of the top 6 should mean dismissal for under performance. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Personally I would like Nathan Jones, he has built a decent career and we would be a groom stepping stone for him.

Me too, has got Luton playing really well. 

Got 1 or 2 players worth pinching too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Is he??...they cant score any goals ?! (except against us)

After 15 game’s he has only lost 4 of those, Preston are only 5 points behind us, they might have only scored 8 times, but they’ve only conceded 10. I think he’s got them punching way above their weight. They were very well organised against us & weren’t frightened of attacking us. 

8 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.fd4d01dc1edf4d5c0f09fc178858aa19.jpeg

"You may need to seek a new chauffeur Milady....I've applied for the vacant Head Coach position at Norwich City"....

Poor old Noel Gallagher, has come on hard times. 🤣

Apples

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You'd expect him to have a plan A, plan B and plan C before sacking a man who had won us the Championship twice though really wouldn't you. 

Hardly earned his money after a dreadful transfer window followed by a dreadful managerial appointment. 

Now he's mister 90 percent and is getting paid for a job that he has admitted he's ready to leave. We must be the only club in the country which is too soft to sack somebody who has all but admitted that he doesn't really give a sh*t anymore. 

Does Dean Smith feel any pressure at all? Who is breathing down his neck? Is he accountable to anybody anymore?

So why haven't we sacked Pukki?

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What's the point in giving him the whole season if half way through we fall well away from the leading pack?

I think he gets the next 3 games personally, three tough fixtures, we will likely drop out of the top 6 after those. 

Dropping out of the top 6 should mean dismissal for under performance. 

We're not half way through yet. I doubt you predicted the nine games unbeaten, so maybe put the crystal ball away for now.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I still remember ABS Worthy 😰

That was ABW though🙃

They're each a subset of the general and perennial phenomenon of ABWHTBTMATM.

That's Anybody But Whoever Happens To Be The Manager At The Moment.

We are two points away from where I thought we'd be at this stage, with Burnley away still to play. The Championship is a tough league and it takes some time to settle down. I don't think we have yet. 

I like Parker as a player, but his managerial style has a lot to be desired. My friend, who’s a staffer at Bournemouth, said that after the Liverpool game, Scott charged into the dressing room and told all the players that they’re “sh**”, an embarrassment and not good enough to be in the league. Not too sure how that will boost confidence or respect. 

He’s also a bit Hoddle-like… in that he expects everyone to be as exemplary as he was in training or to play on the same level. The problem is, when they fail to meet that expectation (which will be most the team), he gets frustrated and let’s them know it. 

I’m not sure he’d last long at our club, given the ‘feel good’ factor we seem to demand.

Apparently Webber watched Mumba play for Plymouth at the weekend. I wonder if he was also having a look at Plymouth set up from a Steven Schumacher perspective?

Need to act fast though as WBA also interested.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Apparently Webber watched Mumba play for Plymouth at the weekend. I wonder if he was also having a look at Plymouth set up from a Steven Schumacher perspective?

Need to act fast though as WBA also interested.

Schumacher would be an interesting choice but it's hard to judge his quality in my opinion. A bit like McKenna at Ipswich, they have a strong squad for the level and there's little evidence of him getting a squad to play above its level.

3 minutes ago, repman said:

Schumacher would be an interesting choice but it's hard to judge his quality in my opinion. A bit like McKenna at Ipswich, they have a strong squad for the level and there's little evidence of him getting a squad to play above its level.

Could argue that Farke had a strong squad for the German 4th tier, considering it was the Dortmund reserves! 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Could argue that Farke had a strong squad for the German 4th tier, considering it was the Dortmund reserves! 

It's as much the u21 team than the reserves, he also had a pretty good track record in those years. Schumacher has been in the job less than a year so far. Farke's record of working with young players for a big club is one of the reasons Webber went for him. 

Parker? Jeez.

There is a reason nobody in Bournemouth shed a tear when he was fired, similarly there is a reason Fulham were happy to move him on. 

I get people don't love Smith but Parker wouldn't be an upgrade. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, repman said:

Well, it would be nice to have a manager who is able to get a squad to play to its level let alone above it!!

• Like 1