Sign in to follow this  
PockthorpePete

Hugill season loan to Blackpool

Has he been screwing your wife or something? You clearly have a pathetic vendetta against Hugill and it is just about the only thing you ever post about.

I don’t get the disrespect for Hugill if I’m honest. He has my support when he pulls on a yellow shirt.

Comes across as a decent bloke, he’s never let us down, and sure, he has his limitations but he has his strengths also.

He probably just needs to find himself a permanent club that plays to his strengths where he can get into a rhythm. 

9 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Summer season that is. Giving rides along the beach.

I bet it absolutely devastated you when he scored the other night

34 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I bet it absolutely devastated you when he scored the other night

Had a fantastic pre season, scores only the other night and yet some on here are still slagging him off

Its really quite sad

• Like 1

For me he's our 4th choice striker and we don't really need him.

But the chap always seems to try his hardest and wants to play football, can't knock him really.

On 31st August if Dean Smith says "look, you aren't going to get many minutes here, QPR want to take take you for the season, we'll out a recall clause in for January in case it doesn't work out for you".... you just know the chap would want to go and play football. 

Can't knock him, not one happy to just collect his pay cheque. Seems to love it here and always seems well chuffed to have scored.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

You can tell Hugill's one of those who worked his way back up from lower levels just by dint of that enthusiasm for the game. As TVB said, he just wants to get out on the pitch and rumble.

I find it bewildering that fans will jump on the back of a player who will bust a gut when out there, regardless of his other limitations.

• Like 2

He does seem to have the happy knack of being in the right place at the right time and so his goals look simple. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Had a fantastic pre season, scores only the other night and yet some on here are still slagging him off

Its really quite sad

He’s not the best, but he’s a very decent 3rd/4th choice option to have 

We are bound to have injuries so the idea that without him we would still have three strikers to choose from all season doesn’t hold water. Then there will be suspensions and goodness knows we’ve seen that Sargent and Idah can suffer loss of form. Added to that he offers something none of the other three have in putting himself around and is powerful in the air, certainly a benefit playing alongside a second striker. Ok he has his limitations but he’s not going to generate a fee and a loan would only save some of his wages so, on the balance, I’d keep him here.

Having said that I reckon he’s the sort of person who would rather go out on loan and play than sit around waiting for bit parts so guess he will probably end up going somewhere.

39 minutes ago, daly said:

Hardly worth keeping if he’s on 20 to 30K a week

Not sure if you are aware how football transfers work daly, but if he's not worth £20k to £30k a week to us, then he's not worth that to anybody else.

We'd be heavily subsidising any loan move, of that there is no doubt.