Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Stoke City sack Michael O'Neill

18 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So you do actually believe it was possible for us to survive last season simply with a different manager. You're delusional. 

It does in that case beg the question why Webber got the board to rubber stamp the dismissal of Farke if survival was deemed impossible back in November.

27 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

So he failed then! Thanks for clearing that up for me!👍

Can you play draughts as chess seems a little complex for you?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It does in that case beg the question why Webber got the board to rubber stamp the dismissal of Farke if survival was deemed impossible back in November.

As DoF its his decision, Shirley? His decision ,his responsibility, his flak, it's why he's paid. The Board decides his future, or lack of. It's called Hierarchy. ... Or as some would have it, D &M keeping their noses out of footy stuff. 

1 hour ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

You jump in on every post regarding Smith that you deem negative.

Good avoidance of my response also! 

I read it, I didn’t realise I needed to respond, but I don’t really agree. There’s plenty of relevance to use history to guide what actions you take - binning Smith before he had a decent chance this season would be as pointless as binning Farke would have been. That is the relevance of it.

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I read it, I didn’t realise I needed to respond, but I don’t really agree. There’s plenty of relevance to use history to guide what actions you take - binning Smith before he had a decent chance this season would be as pointless as binning Farke would have been. That is the relevance of it.

There is a distinct lack of joined up thinking being displayed lately on here. I'm not particularly enthralled by Smith but am defo not in favour of getting rid of him yet , the rhetoric at the time was that he was given the job of keeping us up...... anyone who bought into that needs their heads testing, was it possible?  yes, probable, no, likely...I doubt it.  Now he's had  a bit of time to assess, get a few in, let's see how we look in a couple of months. I see improvement, if it continues , great , if not then it's time to get rid. It's really not worth getting too worked up about just yet. Chill pills all round . 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So you do actually believe it was possible for us to survive last season simply with a different manager. You're delusional. 

Its not what we thought but what the board did. They obviously thought it was possible or why sack DF? Were they delusional?

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

There is a distinct lack of joined up thinking being displayed lately on here. I'm not particularly enthralled by Smith but am defo not in favour of getting rid of him yet , the rhetoric at the time was that he was given the job of keeping us up...... anyone who bought into that needs their heads testing, was it possible?  yes, probable, no, likely...I doubt it.  Now he's had  a bit of time to assess, get a few in, let's see how we look in a couple of months. I see improvement, if it continues , great , if not then it's time to get rid. It's really not worth getting too worked up about just yet. Chill pills all round . 

Spot on 👍.

Does anybody know what his beverage of choice was and the kind of receptacle he preferred? Could be crucial in the recruitment process. I'm thinking Dyce's will be a Sports Direct supersize mug with tea (spot of milk, no sugar).

Apples

4 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Does anybody know what his beverage of choice was and the kind of receptacle he preferred? Could be crucial in the recruitment process. I'm thinking Dyce's will be a Sports Direct supersize mug with tea (spot of milk, no sugar).

Apples

If he drinks anything weaker that a two bag builders cuppa then he's not man enough for the job. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

🤣 So he didn’t fail? 

Non Binary answers also available at intelligent outlets. Jaysus, is it pet a cretin week. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Non Binary answers also available at intelligent outlets. Jaysus, is it pet a cretin week. 

Simple question I thought.

Let me break it down for you: 

Smith’s remit was to keep us in the Premier league, did he? 

1 minute ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Simple question I thought.

Let me break it down for you: 

Smith’s remit was to keep us in the Premier league, did he? 

Simple question, yes. The answer is of course slightly more complicated, hence my non binary reference. All you need to know is that while you persist with your childish rhetoric, your life is passing you by. Despite your refusal to read or comprehend , all has been explained above by those more tolerant of dullards than I.  

Please stop repeating yourself, it makes you look hard of thinking.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Point me to where I’ve said that? You said only stupid people think Smith Failed, I pointed out he did fail as his remit was to keep us up, you then basically agreed he failed (so by your logic, you are stupid)!

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Simple question, yes. The answer is of course slightly more complicated, hence my non binary reference. All you need to know is that while you persist with your childish rhetoric, your life is passing you by. Despite your refusal to read or comprehend , all has been explained above by those more tolerant of dullards than I.  

Please stop repeating yourself, it makes you look hard of thinking.  

Why is it more complicated? Did he meet his remit or not? If yes, great, if no he failed!

Im thinking either you have never been given a remit or you didn’t meet it and had many excuses lined up why it wasn’t your fault!

im only repeating myself to moronic fools who can’t answer a simple question!

6 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Why is it more complicated? Did he meet his remit or not? If yes, great, if no he failed!

Im thinking either you have never been given a remit or you didn’t meet it and had many excuses lined up why it wasn’t your fault!

im only repeating myself to moronic fools who can’t answer a simple question!

For the last time, yes , it's a simple question. And No , it's not a simple answer. My remit in life was issued by none other than me, and only me , to me , for me. So it's only for me to judge.  You carry on being the moany cont we all see you are, maybe a fellow six year old will play yes/ no , good/ bad , black white. 

I've got a life mate. rather than trying to pin someone down to a binary response, try living, it's really really good fun. Worry about what you can change in yourself not what you can't change in some hobby you attend as a paying spectator... literally no one cares what you think, the club is probably unaware you exist....and care even less, if that's a shock to you, well, I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I'm sorry you can't grasp more than 2 options. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

As DoF its his decision, Shirley? His decision ,his responsibility, his flak, it's why he's paid. The Board decides his future, or lack of. It's called Hierarchy. ... Or as some would have it, D &M keeping their noses out of footy stuff. 

That is not an answer to what i posted in response to littleyellowbirdie Shirley ?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

For the last time, yes , it's a simple question. And No , it's not a simple answer. My remit in life was issued by none other than me, and only me , to me , for me. So it's only for me to judge.  You carry on being the moany cont we all see you are, maybe a fellow six year old will play yes/ no , good/ bad , black white. 

I've got a life mate. rather than trying to pin someone down to a binary response, try living, it's really really good fun. Worry about what you can change in yourself not what you can't change in some hobby you attend as a paying spectator... literally no one cares what you think, the club is probably unaware you exist....and care even less, if that's a shock to you, well, I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I'm sorry you can't grasp more than 2 options. 

You really are very strange and obviously have several issues judging by your response, I actually feel sorry for you!  

“No one cares what you think” ( while going into a rant over a simple question and trying to be insulting!) OK! 😂😂

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

You really are very strange and obviously have several issues judging by your response, I actually feel sorry for you!  

“No one cares what you think” ( while going into a rant over a simple question and trying to be insulting!) OK! 😂😂

Ha ha ha , if you think that's a rant mate you've led a very sheltered life. Bless. 🥰

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ha ha ha , if you think that's a rant mate you've led a very sheltered life. Bless. 🥰

But for someone who doesn’t care what I think it was all a bit odd, and seeing you posting about me on other posts is a bit creepy! Obsessed much!!!

2 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

But for someone who doesn’t care what I think it was all a bit odd, and seeing you posting about me on other posts is a bit creepy! Obsessed much!!!

As much as you with DS and wanting us to agree with you ? Nah mate, joggity jog on . Be Buh tomorrow. At least Tillos got yer back. 

Sadly my coach journey is coming to an end, I must amuse myself elsewhere. Please put the toys away when you've finished, and wipe the slaver off the windows. 

Deeeeeeaaaaaanooooo!!! 😂😂👌😇

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

As much as you with DS and wanting us to agree with you ? Nah mate, joggity jog on . Be Buh tomorrow. At least Tillos got yer back. 

You really are very odd indeed, who’s us and where have I said I wanted you to agree with me? I asked you if Smith had failed in his remit to keep us up but you can’t bring yourself to say yes, you could of course say no he didn’t fail but that would make you look more of a prat than you already do!!👍

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

It's almost like his failing this season was a continuation of last season.

Failing to lose the last two league games . Is failure to fail still failure?   At least one poster is less than impressed with his public demeanor, at least one doesn't like him drinking out of a mug.  Tough crowd. Well not that tough really , just beligerently critical. 

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sadly my coach journey is coming to an end, I must amuse myself elsewhere. Please put the toys away when you've finished, and wipe the slaver off the windows. 

Deeeeeeaaaaaanooooo!!! 😂😂👌😇

Bed time is it? seems about right, my 5 year olds off in a mo! Night night!

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its not what we thought but what the board did. They obviously thought it was possible or why sack DF? Were they delusional?

The board only had the evidence of one manager, who generally we knew to be a very good manager, having a disastrous first part of the season. In those circumstances it's not unreasonable to think a change of manager might be the answer (I didn't think so, but I don't blame people who did).  Plenty of people on here insisted it was the answer.

Given that he was replaced with a manager with a very solid track record who did manage to deliver a tiny improvement, but still massively short of survival, yes, it's really obvious that no manager out there could have secured survival for us so it strikes me as pretty ridiculous to beat Smith over the head with that relegation, especially given the obvious recent development. But you know, by all means unreasonably argue the opposite for the hell of it on the basis it's unprovable in a definitive sense.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Well I heard from someone ITK he favours an Earl Grey with a slice of lemon in bone China. Keep that to yourself though. 

• Haha 1