Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Nunez

I thought Nunez was top class in this game , his passing is really top class and scored a great free kick and was unlucky with another, he is the one real positive to come out of this game , nine times out of ten we win this game.😄

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Nunez.....A positive amongst a plethora of negatives....

You are now officially below even Buh when it comes to rather childish trolling...up your game or up sticks geez, you're slipping. Need new material.

A joy to watch. Even in the pre match keep the ball sessions! His enthusiasm was clear to see - he wanted the ball. Seemed the most motivated player on the pitch. 

When he scored he came to the corner and patted his badge. Reminded me of the recent past. What a player he will be this season. We need to do well or we will lose him.

Saw this yesterday and it gave me a wry smile. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You are now officially below even Buh when it comes to rather childish trolling...up your game or up sticks geez, you're slipping. Need new material.

Okio....

He's class and I really like him already. Lost the ball quite a lot when Hull closed him down but he'll get better at keeping it when he gets used to how teams play in this country. He keeps trying to play those killer passes and never let his head drop when a few didn't come off, reminds me a lot of Buendia's early games, everyone else apart from Nunez and Gibbs kept trying to just play it sideways and give someone else the responsibility to break them down but Nunez always took that responsibility and that's a great sign that he has the right mentality. 

• Like 1

Did he even miss pass the ball once all match? I like that seems rather cocky and confident too, sometimes when you see that in a player it can rub you the wrong way but I don't know, he's clearly got the talent to back it up so

Looks class, well done to the recruitment team on that find. 

Enjoy him while you can as he isn't going to be grubbing around the Championship long.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looks class, well done to the recruitment team on that find. 

Enjoy him while you can as he isn't going to be grubbing around the Championship long.

2 years here at the most

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He's class and I really like him already. Lost the ball quite a lot when Hull closed him down but he'll get better at keeping it when he gets used to how teams play in this country. He keeps trying to play those killer passes and never let his head drop when a few didn't come off, reminds me a lot of Buendia's early games, everyone else apart from Nunez and Gibbs kept trying to just play it sideways and give someone else the responsibility to break them down but Nunez always took that responsibility and that's a great sign that he has the right mentality. 

Doesn’t seem used to the physicality yet, there were a few times he got brushed off the ball but it’s the only real thing he got wrong, was head and shoulders above the rest and the free kick was sublime.

He is a talebt to get excitednover, but also means he will soon be marked out, esp if we persist with the approach of JUST get the ball to nunez.  It may have worked with grealish (dribble, create or foul chance) but  we don't have the strength to take advantage of extra set pieces.  But 433 and ball to nunez seems to be the DS identity.

with emi the team design was give him the ball but use the talent of Todd, steipi etc in the spare space

Sara has to have minutes, he won't pick up match fitness without appearance minutes, and he can't be as much of a liability as kenny. 

47 minutes ago, ZLF said:

He is a talebt to get excitednover, but also means he will soon be marked out, esp if we persist with the approach of JUST get the ball to nunez.  It may have worked with grealish (dribble, create or foul chance) but  we don't have the strength to take advantage of extra set pieces.  But 433 and ball to nunez seems to be the DS identity.

with emi the team design was give him the ball but use the talent of Todd, steipi etc in the spare space

Sara has to have minutes, he won't pick up match fitness without appearance minutes, and he can't be as much of a liability as kenny. 

What really frustrates me is that players like Nunez were who I hoped we would spend money on last year. Players who might not be fancied, and may have been out of their depth in the premier league but had clear potential and were technically good. Instead we got Josh Sargent, a player I don't hate but who is never going to turn into a top class player.

• Like 3