Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Still happy?

Anyone still happy with the Webber and Smith combo? Giving us 10 games to see a turn around will be far too late, should we just accept mid table this year? 

Of course happy would be pushing it, but I’m pretty sure most people said they’d give it 10 games. We’ve only had 3; there obviously needs to be a big old upturn in all areas in the coming games

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

I'd not be giving Smith 10 games, but unfortunately the club will and more if we're honest. 

I'd bite your arm off for a mid table finish right now. 

I think if they fail to win either of the two upcoming home fixtures the pressure will be very high. Still stand by the 10 game rule but they are on borrowed time at the moment

12 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

Anyone still happy with the Webber and Smith combo? Giving us 10 games to see a turn around will be far too late, should we just accept mid table this year? 

Literally no one has said they are happy with the results. The issue is some have called for patience where as others called for Smith to be sacked after a preseason game to Celtic...

I agree with @Helsinki canarythough. Results need to turn and quickly. He appears to have given most of the team grace after the sort of 2nd string performance on Tuesday. Perhaps it's time to drop some players. Sinani in for Rashica for me. Gibbs for Dowell/McLean. Hopefully Sara will have another week of fitness into his legs and can start being a genuine option for midfield.  

I'd give them 10 games, but after that we really have to make a decision.

Having saId that I really can't see any decision before the world cup, unless we continue losing but even a chimp should be able to get at least mid table with this squad

Not happy. But entertained.

You could have cut & pasted the progress of that match from so many I've seen when we're not on it. Brilliant start, miss a hatful of chances, make disastrous mistakes gifting goals to teams that aren't even in the game. Then finish like a train - only with not enough goals.

It's endlessly frustrating, almost comical at times, but gives you moments like Nunes' free kick & oh-so-close chances like Ramsey's skier. And there's always that hope that next week, next time, we'll bend that ball a fraction more, hit it a fraction lower, & completely demolish the opposition, because we have the players to do it (in this league anyway).

We go again ...

I’m not happy but I’m still channeling my inner LDC. We should have won that game, we definitely shouldn’t have lost it.

If we’d had 3 Cardiff level performances I’d be a bit more ready to grab my pitchfork.

People may say it’s ridiculous to give Smith and Webber’s signings time but I’m not really sure why. It’s been three games.

Results need to come and if they don’t then Smith will ultimately pay the price, but I can’t see any reason to tear up this years game plan based on 3 results. Big week though, if we don’t get a decent number of points from those next two games that’s pretty unforgivable regardless of context.

I was all for giving Smith 10 games. I agreed with the removal of Farke but was not happy with his replacement. Unfortunately we have clearly gone backwards as a club. Ignoring the horrendous signings, which I think at this point we can all agree is about 40m wasted for league 1 standard signings, Smith is still unable to get a tune out of our players, the majority of which have won promotion. There's only so many unlucky results you can have,  we have a built in propensity for lossing at the moment and I don't believe Smith is the manager to lose that mind set. I cannot see any reason to wait for 10 games as at that point a top 2 finish will be a pipe dream. We need to replace Smith ASAP and we need to find a Webber replacement before January, any other decision will mean we continue to waste money as one of the richest clubs in the championship as we cement ourselves as a bang average championship team like Hull.

Thank you Webber for ruining our football club, grad A job... now please **** off up your mountain

I wouldn't give him 10 more minutes let alone 10 games. He should have gone at the end of last season and all this 10 game mumbo jumbo will leave us too far behind.

• Like 1