Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

The Barclay in blue & white

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Pretty sure everyone would admit that, they just wouldn't care. It's got nothing to do with tone-deaf club, and all to do with the best sponsorship options for the club.

I think that raises a point of more concern, which is Anglian home improvements being the best sponsor the club could get. 

Anyway, it's not all about cash. Supporter engagement and experience is important. The buzz of a good looking ground with loads of good visuals should not be underestimated in it's importance to generate a good atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think that raises a point of more concern, which is Anglian home improvements being the best sponsor the club could get. 

Anyway, it's not all about cash. Supporter engagement and experience is important. The buzz of a good looking ground with loads of good visuals should not be underestimated in it's importance to generate a good atmosphere. 

Considering 95% of the atmosphere is generated by us in the barclay, and the snakepit, and neither of those can even see the top of the stand when we're in the ground, you're making something out of nothing.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The buzz of a good looking ground with loads of good visuals should not be underestimated in it's importance to generate a good atmosphere. 

Don't they want the drum for that too? 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Considering 95% of the atmosphere is generated by us in the barclay, and the snakepit, and neither of those can even see the top of the stand when we're in the ground, you're making something out of nothing.

It's not nothing is it. I'm a fan, and I don't like it. It's also a thread on here, a fans forum - so it's clearly meaningful to some, all though obviously not you.  Fair enough, that's how it works. 

14 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Now you're talking....

I don't get it. 

Why put, in this case a drum, in an area that already has a good atmosphere. Surely put atmosphere enhancing equipment (flags, drums, cheer leaders, whatever) into areas that allegedly the atmos needs improvement. 

That said, as a river end season ticket holder I don't want a 🥁 in any part of the ground. 

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

Couldn't care any less about this, as has been pointed out the old South Stand had blue seats for years, in fact I've got one of them in my garage.

Binner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it wasn't for the raucous and atmosphere generating 95% of true support in the Barclay and Snake pit....this club wouldn't exist....100% FACT!....

Mello....Time served City Stand and Cathedral Lounge Ultra.....

Anyway didn't a few seasons ago the external of the Barclay Stand once have a blue & white themed sponsor on it that some support took umbrage to? Was it Ladbrokes or summat?....I understand that due to that support umbrage it didn't last long and was removed?....

Or maybe I just imagined it.....  

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

If it wasn't for the raucous and atmosphere generating 95% of true support in the Barclay and Snake pit....this club wouldn't exist....100% FACT!....

Mello....Time served City Stand and Cathedral Lounge Ultra.....

Anyway didn't a few seasons ago the external of the Barclay Stand once have a blue & white themed sponsor on it that some support took umbrage to? Was it Ladbrokes or summat?....I understand that due to that support umbrage it didn't last long and was removed?....

Or maybe I just imagined it.....  

Yes it would, because the raucous ‘true support’ last year were about as raucous as a funeral service. The true fans that made no effort to drown out every away teams support that came to CR. The club would exist without them as they’d just be seats filled by someone else. As much as I’d love to say the fans in the ground have an influence it is minimal these days, but also crazy to assume that only the lower Barclay and the snake pit are keeping the club alive. There’s about 20,000 other fans paying their dues and supporting the club without have to spend 89 mins doing w***er signs at the away fans to show how passionate they are. 

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

Yes it would, because the raucous ‘true support’ last year were about as raucous as a funeral service. The true fans that made no effort to drown out every away teams support that came to CR. The club would exist without them as they’d just be seats filled by someone else. As much as I’d love to say the fans in the ground have an influence it is minimal these days, but also crazy to assume that only the lower Barclay and the snake pit are keeping the club alive. There’s about 20,000 other fans paying their dues and supporting the club without have to spend 89 mins doing w***er signs at the away fans to show how passionate they are. 

Tell 'em to their face if you dare!.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Tell 'em to their face if you dare!.....

No chance! In fairness I acknowledge that WHEN these areas are singing they are great, I just think we need a bit more from them in terms of frequency and variety of chants and singing and I appreciate the good times are best to start this, I’d just love a bit more in the bad times. It is infectious and the rest of the stadium, particularly the south stand do get behind a good chant, but they won’t start it. 

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

No chance! In fairness I acknowledge that WHEN these areas are singing they are great, I just think we need a bit more from them in terms of frequency and variety of chants and singing and I appreciate the good times are best to start this, I’d just love a bit more in the bad times. It is infectious and the rest of the stadium, particularly the south stand do get behind a good chant, but they won’t start it. 

In the City Stand I may stand up sometimes when something exciting is occurring on the pitch (but only for a short while)....Oh and I don't shout or sing much as it's quite difficult when you have 2 or 3 Werther's originals on the go in the mouth....Win, Lose or Draw though....You can always count on the exaggerated an' OTT applause emitted from our Director's Box.....Sterling stuff....Barclay an' Snakey Pity take note.....Clap like you mean it!.....

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Considering 95% of the atmosphere is generated by us in the barclay, and the snakepit,

I beg to disagree with that hoggy. That is a myth perpetuated by those who sit there.

• Like 2

Bunch of Philistines. Be the first to jump up and down if Ipswich supporters said look at the sihtty stand at Carrow Road.

Admit it, it looks sihte.

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I beg to disagree with that hoggy. That is a myth perpetuated by those who sit there.

Fair enough, maybe it's acoustics. Both the Barclay and Snakepit were poor last season but when we're going good, I can't hear anything from the other stands! 

On 18/07/2022 at 15:01, Branston Pickle said:

Half of them were blue…..

West Ham colors wasn't it?  Installed when John Bond was manager. 

33 minutes ago, Surfer said:

West Ham colors wasn't it?  Installed when John Bond was manager. 

Probably 2nd hand during that era.