Bert

2 Directors I want to hear from immediately

1) Webber to tell us what has gone wrong? What was his role and what confidence can we have that lessons have been learned

2) Nepotism Tom is the other one, he is the future of the club, what is his long term strategy ? Does he have the vision and execution to get us out of this mess

1 hour ago, Bert said:

1) Webber to tell us what has gone wrong? What was his role and what confidence can we have that lessons have been learned

2) Nepotism Tom is the other one, he is the future of the club, what is his long term strategy ? Does he have the vision and execution to get us out of this mess

I suppose Execution is one strategy that I hadn't previously considered that might yet yield some more positive results.  Particularly if he does it with a bit of a flourish.

2 minutes ago, Orly said:

I suppose Execution is one strategy that I hadn't previously considered that might yet yield some more positive results.  Particularly if he does it with a bit of a flourish.

Decimation of the out field players after every loss. Sure we may lose some members of the squad, but the rest will be encouraged.

I agree, because what is abundantly clear is Delia and MWJ don’t have any answers. They’ve handed over the tough decisions and long term vision to others for a very long time. They won’t sack Webber and take the club in a bold new direction. So while - for me - there is nothing Webber can say to mitigate his failure, the scary thing is he’s still the only one there that could create the new vision. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Does he have the vision and execution to get us out of this mess

Wannabe politician, so pointless hearing what he has to say as half will be bull and the rest will be s**t.

There'll be no autopsy.....and regarding our current hierarchy? Well they'll just lie low after throwing in a few shovels of quicklime whilst burying this season in an unmarked pit....and will return when the heat's died down....

52 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Where does this sense of entitlement come from...🤔

The same place that thinks we should be challenging for a place in Europe. 

[Waits for the posts saying “but we don’t want to challenge for a place in Europe, we just want to stay up for a second season”, not realising that after staying up for a second season, the goal then becomes becoming “established”, then a cup run, then a European place…]

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WD40 said:

I agree, because what is abundantly clear is Delia and MWJ don’t have any answers. They’ve handed over the tough decisions and long term vision to others for a very long time. They won’t sack Webber and take the club in a bold new direction. So while - for me - there is nothing Webber can say to mitigate his failure, the scary thing is he’s still the only one there that could create the new vision. 

I thought Webber was the bold new direction? That went south pretty quick this season.

His choice of recruits and manager leave a lot to be desired.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Webber could throw the owners under a bus - that I would pay good money for - but he won't, especially as his wife is now part of the unholy alliance. 

I'm looking forward to the interview but anyone expecting any blood letting or admissions of failure will be disappointing. Even if he doesn't believe it himself he will have to put a positive spin on it and the interview will likely be conducted by the clubs media team so there wont be any tough questions. He will say it's not the end of the world, that we budgeted for relegation and the club is in a healthy state. He'll defend his signings by noting their age profile and how players often take a year to adjust to English football and that we're restricted by being 'self financing'. He won't slag the owners off or anything, people who think he's going to come out and criticize his employers are mad. He'll probably say were were unlucky at times and blame injuries again. We'll get told how good of a Championship squad we have and how the club has experience of winning the division and that everything is fine. 

When the club gets handed over to Tom Smith it will likely be when we're on the up if they can help it, to avoid any backlash and smooth the transition. Nobody going to put him in the line of fire at a time like this 

2 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I thought Webber was the bold new direction? That went south pretty quick this season.

His choice of recruits and manager leave a lot to be desired.

But this is it, Webber and the sporting director / head coach model wasn’t the brain child of Delia/MWJ. They authorised it and bought into it, but it’s the product of the thoughts of others. They are totally passive. And the people that do offer leadership around them appear to have gone. So without a change at the very top I don’t think anything else changes in short term.