Sign in to follow this  
baldy09

communication

Robin Sainty - spoke on Radio Norfolk this morning and stated Communication has been so poor regarding our board - while other clubs whom had been also relegated has come out and thank supporters during difficult times etc-

He may have put his finger on the real issue- if Webber had came out and shared his thoughts fans may have been more accepting ??

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Robin Sainty - spoke on Radio Norfolk this morning and stated Communication has been so poor regarding our board - while other clubs whom had been also relegated has come out and thank supporters during difficult times etc-

He may have put his finger on the real issue- if Webber had came out and shared his thoughts fans may have been more accepting ??

It wouldn’t excuse the failings in my book, but it would at least help. There is a wider issue around communication at the club beyond Webber. They are quick to ask for our cash when they need it or to put out tweets on all manner of work topics or when favs are in the wrong but really feels (rightly or wrongly) as though our ongoing support is just taken for granted in the way the club now deals with the fans. 

Everything the club has done this season has been shocking, it doesn’t surprise me that they’ve failed to thank the fans when it’s obvious from everything that comes out of Webber shows that he holds us in contempt and disdain.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Everything the club has done this season has been shocking, it doesn’t surprise me that they’ve failed to thank the fans when it’s obvious from everything that comes out of Webber shows that he holds us in contempt and disdain.

I think part of the problem is that they have lost/sacked too many of the good staff members who made the club tick and perhaps got this sort of thing.

But yes the two couples who run our club are ultimately where it flows from and whilst I don’t think Delia and MWJ hold the fans in contempt (although ultimately they don’t care what we want if it conflicts with their wishes) I’m not so sure about the other pair. 

Communication has been disastrous throughout the season, which has definitely heightened tensions between fans and the club.

And whoever is advising Webber on when and what to say in his national press interviews, if indeed there is someone, should not be used again. The comments he made about fans after the BK8 fiasco set the tone for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Norwich fans forgive and understand a lot more when they are treated with respect 

Webber  silent on fall out with fans his 90 % interview 

his failings in transfer market 

the teams performance 

to not say anything is just showing no respect or taking blame for anything 

One can only hope that some sort of statement is forthcoming now the season is finally over. Would be very surprised if we didn't hear something official from Smith/Jones and/or Webber/Ward this week (that's not based on any insider knowledge, just a hunch).

• Like 1

After gesture-gate at the main entrance, I actually think the best thing Webber can do at the moment is stay quiet and do his talking in the transfer window

Edited by AJ

Webber needs to cancel his mountaineer trips and start putting right the problems which he mainly caused, if he’s capable. In reality he’s not as good as he might think.

Delia needs to sell enough shares to not be the majority share holder. 

14 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Webber needs to cancel his mountaineer trips and start putting right the problems which he mainly caused, if he’s capable. In reality he’s not as good as he might think.

I agree, best thing he could do to try and unify the club again is to say he has put his personal mountaineering goal on hold as he wants to give 100% to the club to make sure he leaves us in the best possible position - financially and on the pitch.

Not going to happen though as he is far more concerned about himself than the club.

29 minutes ago, Sheva said:

He won't- I think he's stubborn and would see cancelling it as bowing to fan pressure and that makes him seem weak. 

We need some kind of fan representation that can take these issues up with the club so they can be addressed 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

One can only hope that some sort of statement is forthcoming now the season is finally over. Would be very surprised if we didn't hear something official from Smith/Jones and/or Webber/Ward this week (that's not based on any insider knowledge, just a hunch).

It would be good for them to acknowledge that following on from Covid this has been a very testing season for supporters. From S&Js perspective it would be a good idea to indicate that Club consultation with supporters was much better in the early part of their tenure and that the Club will move back in that direction with proper checks and balances on the Executive Team through an independent Chairman 

From the Webber perspective 'screening the noise' rather than ignoring it is appropriate. The COO skill base doesn't appear to be covered by Ward and needs to be so covered probably by restoring that post. Again an independent voice is imperative.

Edited by essex canary