Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

It’s not Dean Smiths fault

20 minutes ago, Indy said:

Again it’s all about opinions! I disagree that there’s not better available as I can’t see Smith has a very good championship record! One dodgy promotion! 
The real facts are as above there’s not going to be any change, no other club will want Smith, we can’t really afford to sack another manager so quick, so we’ll see just how good he is next year, and I certainly won’t buy this Not His Squad crap next season. It’s his squad and best he make the best out of them!

Why was the promotion dodgy?

Well the SAS won't be shown the door so we have to settle down to hoping that they can deliver. We will have the money, we will have half a decent squad and we will fill Carrow Road especially with maximum season ticket sales.

I just hope there is some conversations between them and Webber over new signings. Worry about the season after later. Bring in to get us promoted and then go big.

@king canary  Why was the promotion dodgy?

I wouldn't call it dodgy, but neither was it an impressive 94 or 97 points.

It was similar to Neil's, perhaps. Came in, had a good group of players, got some momentum going, won the play-offs.

Edited by canarybubbles

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

Why was the promotion dodgy?

Penalty shoot out against WBA which could and normally go either way! 

On 04/04/2022 at 10:02, Terminally Yellow said:

Absolute **** from a poster getting more and more renowned for posting absolute ****. 

1. He's absolutely improved things. We were out of the relegation zone at one point. Do you think that would have happened under Daniel Farke? There's a reason Farke has been overlooked for any decent managerial position - it's because he's not that good. 

2. This team's fate was sealed long before Dean Smith ever stepped a foot near the manager's office at Carrow Rd. It was sealed by the genius decision to stop playing the style of football we succeeded in winning the championship with and start playing a wide, fast counter attack without the players to capably play that. By the time Smith arrived, no manager would have succeeded. 

Both points absolutely bang on the money. Farke was completely bamboozled by the tactics of the PL and had no idea how to set up a team to not get easily beaten - the recruitment system brought in the wrong players. How on earth did we assess a player like Gilmore against what we actually required?

It really isn’t. Nor is it Farke’s, the players or indeed Webber’s. It’s simply a business model which is incompatible, obviously, with the PL and, ominously, I suspect with the championship. However, the fans appear entirely content with out football largesse, the ground is full and the level of ambition between fan and club aligned.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Penalty shoot out against WBA which could and normally go either way! 

Taking a team who were 14th when he took over to promotion isn't remotely dodgy just because it involved winning a penalty shootout in the way. Bizarre argument. 

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Taking a team who were 14th when he took over to promotion isn't remotely dodgy just because it involved winning a penalty shootout in the way. Bizarre argument. 

Especially when they were 11 points adrift from 6th, won 10 in a row to break a 100 year record at Villa.

I'm not totally sold on Smith but no need to underplay his achievements.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Indeed he did, but given he still had over 30 odd games to make up that gap and the squad he had at his disposal it wasn’t a master stroke!

Again dodgy is referring to a penalty shoot out! That’s all Kingo! 
Sorry guys but just don’t rate our chances under him next season, he’s a very nice guy and certainly want him to do well as it means we get promoted, just my opinion on what I’ve seen and our possible limitation on many changes in our squad. I just don’t see too many we need to offload going anywhere so might have budget restrictions.

The positives are Omobamdele, Rowe and hopefully Tzolis, Sargent, Idah and maybe one or two more youth products might well be pretty damn good for us next season!

Does anyone remember the Fawlty Towers episode where Polly says 'It wasn't my fault' and Basil says, 'Whose fault is it then, Henry Kissinger's?'

Webbo reacts to the frustrated support and says.....

"What do you lot expect here at Norwich, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of quality players sweeping majestically across the playing surface? …”

The supporters reply... “Don't be silly. We expect to be able to see the team show some effort”.....

• Like 1

Seriously question though, would anyone have preferred Lampard? Everton looking in real trouble now, and Lampard definitely can't organise a defence.

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Seriously question though, would anyone have preferred Lampard? Everton looking in real trouble now, and Lampard definitely can't organise a defence.

Nah, I wanted Robins!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I don't think anyone wanted Lampard, did they? I always felt that was Webber's threat to the fans: If you don't support the manager I choose, you'll get Frankie.