Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Chris wood 25 million

Unbelievable , football has clearly gone mad mega rich owners buying wood for 25 mill , it weakens Burnley but doesn't really strengthen them , I bet Newcastle buy better strikers by the end of the window and hardly play wood, sheer madness.😚

17 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Unbelievable , football has clearly gone mad mega rich owners buying wood for 25 mill , it weakens Burnley but doesn't really strengthen them , I bet Newcastle buy better strikers by the end of the window and hardly play wood, sheer madness.😚

Oh I dunno - playing with your wood has it's attractions. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh I dunno - playing with your wood has it's attractions.

Hell yeah , oh that reminds I've got things to do , see you in a bit lol😙

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Reportedly he has a release clause in his contract and Callum Wilson was injured the other day.

I am going to start a sweepstake how many threads will be opened about Wood going to Newcastle, this is the third one, I will go for 10 unless Peter the deleter gets to them first.

Just now, Google Bot said:

Where's FFP in all this? Can they just keep buying?

One of the reasons why NUFC were attractive to buyers is because Ashley had spent nothing so they have loads of room re FFP.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Google Bot said:

Im sure I read somewhere they can spend about 190 million.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I have absolutely no idea how FFP works, but I did read somewhere the other day that they can spend £166m this window without breaking the rules apparently. No idea if that is reliable or how it’s worked out but I read it on the interweb so it must be true.

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Im sure I read somewhere they can spend about 190 million.

According to this its £166 million. If they keep getting crowds of 50,000+ and no doubt some sponsorship deals, this will increase.

See we can spend another £92 million - I bet you 10p that we won't though!

image.thumb.png.e061e6bb92ddd2f8f416227cb0222ff5.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I have absolutely no idea how FFP works, but I did read somewhere the other day that they can spend £166m this window without breaking the rules apparently. No idea if that is reliable or how it’s worked out but I read it on the interweb so it must be true.

Clubs are only allowed to make a maximum loss measured over a rolling 3 year period + owners are only allowed to pay for certain things outside of this (not players/ wages) - e.g. infrastructure.

Ashley spent little or nothing so there is leeway + their revenue will almost certainly increase in this financial year as well.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Clubs are only allowed to make a maximum loss measured over a rolling 3 year period + owners are only allowed to pay for certain things outside of this (not players/ wages) - e.g. infrastructure.

Ashley spent little or nothing so there is leeway + their revenue will almost certainly increase in this financial year as well.

Still don’t get it. Any chance of a fag packet maths example

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Still don’t get it. Any chance of a fag packet maths example

The rules say you can make 105 million loss over 3 years in the Premier league, ashleys spent nothing, so they have this

They've made 38 million profit too so can spend this 

Investing 50 million in the academy and facilities will also allow them to spend the same here too 

188 million roughly by my quick working out 

• Like 1

Just now, Haus said:

The rules say you can make 105 million loss over 3 years in the Premier league, ashleys spent nothing, so they have this

They've made 38 million profit too so can spend this 

Investing 50 million in the academy and facilities will also allow them to spend the same here too 

188 million roughly by my quick working out 

Ok. My brain hurts. So if you invest in the academy you can invest more in transfer fees?

Is this smart by Burnley getting 25 million for a 30 year old poor man's iwan roberts , but effectively weakening their squad and chances of survival ?

"If" we do end up with some money (i.e. Todd sells), Newcastle are really going to inflate the market around us.  ***.

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Is this smart by Burnley getting 25 million for a 30 year old poor man's iwan roberts , but effectively weakening their squad and chances of survival ?

I think Wood has a £25m release clause so Burnley haven't a say in the matter. I bet they're not too chuffed.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think Wood has a £25m release clause so Burnley haven't a say in the matter. I bet they're not too chuffed.

Do you think he's worth that honestly.

10 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Ok. My brain hurts. So if you invest in the academy you can invest more in transfer fees?

Apparently so, I think it's to do with investment in tangible things counting as money coming in like profits as it increases the physical value of the club. 

Like if you buy a building for example it has a cash value 

22 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

21 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Do you think he's worth that honestly.

I've just seen the buyout is £20m not £25m but even that seems a lot for a 30 year oldm who's managed just three goals this season.

Newcastle with money to burn see things differently.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Probably an agent's party end of the month where they're all meeting up and cutting coke using Newcastle business cards.

Can only imagine how many players have been offered to Newcastle in the past few weeks.  They probably know everyone's buyout clause.

Well they'd basically be paying for Burnley to accept relegation wouldn't they, and that's not going to come cheap. 

They are buying Burnley's relegation. 

Also, Chris Wood will take the p*ss in the Championship like Mitrovic is this season...  let's be real. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

30 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I've just seen the buyout is £20m not £25m but even that seems a lot for a 30 year oldm who's managed just three goals this season.

Newcastle with money to burn see things differently.

Doesn't take a genius to see that they will be paying it to all but guarantee Burnley's relegation.

To be fair his scoring record is like 1 in 3 at this level, which is pretty in a team not known for attacking football.

Have also seen Burnle and Newcastle meet on the last game of the season which could be tasty 

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't take a genius to see that they will be paying it to all but guarantee Burnley's relegation.

Yeah but Burnley are looking at the long term picture, they will have the wood money plus parachute payments to really push for automatic promotion.😙

Canny strategy to kill off your opposition by buying their players.

I don't think they'll bother with Todd as we're little threat to them and he's not playing anyway!

I wonder who'll they take off Watford?

Edited by Capt. Pants

6 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah but Burnley are looking at the long term picture

They aren't, £20m is Chris Wood's release clause. Burnley haven't accepted an offer, Newcastle have triggered his release clause.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Canny strategy to kill off your opposition by buying their players.

I don't think they'll bother with Todd as we're little threat to them and he's not playing anyway!

I wonder who'll they take off Watford?

They don't need to take anybody from Watford, AFCON has taken their best midfielders and injuries have taken all their defenders.