Robornio

January targets

35 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

What a terrible week for the club, results and performances awful, fans despicable and this forum has had a shocker…. 

Now there are calls for El Ghazi!   Dear oh dear, what on earth are people on.   The wife is a Villa fan, we watch them regularly and call him El Khazi!   Honestly, apart from the odd moment of brilliance he is generally awful and extremely inconsistent… he is definitely not what we need right now.    Do your due diligence if you’re going to suggest someone!    

Also, he plays as a wide forward, on the evidence so far, how do you propose we get the ball to him… we’ve struggled all season to find Rashica, Tzolis and Cantwell.    2 x CDMs is what we need!

He'd currently fit in well with our stumbling squad then......

On 31/12/2021 at 16:07, NFN FC said:

It's either spend big or spend nothing. At this point, I don't know what I'd like to see. We can either go big at the risk of still getting relegated or accept defeat and play our youth and strengthen the squad for the champs. There's no in between

Well you know which one it will be. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Any rumours of sales or buys yet then?

Sadly I have not seen anything, apart from apparently Cantwell is off to Liverpool, and the lad from Bradford coming.

Strange we have not seen the lads from Bolton or Peterborough around the first team squad yet.

2 minutes ago, TESCO said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/02/cantwell-wanted-by-villa-and-leeds-can-leave-norwich-klopp-rates-him-highly/

This article seems to think Cantwell is worth 40 million! That should easily be enough to buy some actual PL quality imo.

That is hilarious - I reckon he goes for anything north of 5M.  Or some sort of loan with option to buy.

No idea who our targets might be - but getting the 10-12 injured/ill players back would be a start.  Imo we have shown under DS that we could do ok if he has his full squad to select from, but as ever more up front and in m/f would do no harm at all.

The main annoyance with our Summer window is that we needed to get guys who were able to hit the ground running and impact this season and we don’t appear to have succeeded.  We were told it would be quality over quantity, but it then felt we then signed as many as we usually do, and few have had the impact we were looking for.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Any rumours of sales or buys yet then?

Elliot Watt apparently. Scottish U21 midfielder, who's played a handful of games for Bradford City in League 2. Just what we need to guarantee Premier League survival.

On 31/12/2021 at 17:06, The Real Buh said:

I think the target in January should be “score 1 goal”

baby steps, yeah?

money-dollars.gif.5a7668fd2f7ebc69ecdbcc13625e1efd.gifMy target for January is stop pissing away more money

On 31/12/2021 at 18:27, ged in the onion bag said:

In order of priority 

1 a big, strong, athletic CDM who can do the defensive job we need then be developed 

2 a big, strong, athletic CDM who can do the defensive job we need then be developed 

That will do!

What we'll get 

1 A young lightweight ball playing midfielder

2 A young lightweight ball playing midfielder

All about the resale value!

I would take a punt on Benik Afobe. Yes currently on loan at Millwall from Stoke but a player who did interest us before, had lost his way a little bit but worth a punt. We clearly can’t afford championship players who are at the top end of the goalscoring charts so as ever it’s taking a view on a player but surely would be a better option than Hugill or Idah