Sign in to follow this  

The number of posters who will be renewing because I couldn''t miss my Saturday fix, I love it, you are all extremely sad individuals who in time will look back at yourselves and think did I really say that what a silly billy.

Stop being so foolish and short sighted and for the sake of your club and your sanity rip up your season tickets.

I don''t want to go on the waiting list, there will be no waiting list at the end of the season, a number of those on the list have asked for reimbursement of their £50, list stands at 600 or so.

What a pathetic post. I don''t need some schoolkid on half term to tell me if I should renew my season ticket or not. So its sad and silly to want to support your club through thick and thin is it, sad and silly to be able to see past a poor season, (Like we have never had a poor season before), sad and silly to recognise that City will continue whatever.

Do you really think that season ticket sales will make on bit of difference, 5 years ago (Before your time I guess) we were avaeraging 16 or 17 K gates, now we have full houses most of the time, but the club could quite easily survive. The board have decided to stick with their man, you may or my not agree, thats your choice, but do not tell me what I should or shouldn''t do

Finally of course you don''t want to to go on the waiting list, why? Because your just the sort of pathetic, winging, fairweather fan that sulks if we are not top of the league, who will be here today and supporting someone else tomorrow

Now go away.

"The number of posters who will be renewing because I couldn''t miss my Saturday fix, I love it, you are all extremely sad individuals who in time will look back at yourselves and think did I really say that what a silly billy."

Id love to see you say that in front of the thousands of loyal fans who go week in week out. As pointed out by the poster before me, it has been far worse than this.

Thats one of the reasons why fans are so disgruntled. Many (don''t know if it includes Pete), haven''t experienced the downs recently, so only think as far back as the promotion/prem seasons.  Why a lot of people are annoyed is the style of football we are playing at the moment, we used to be known for attractive passing football, but this season it is shocking.  I think the point Pete tries to make is that the club will only listen/act if people start protesting with their wallets, rather than on here.  Unfortunately, all Pete has done is offend people who want to renew season tickets, which is their own choice and they shouldn''t be condemned for it.

[quote user="pete"]How many shares have you got?  Fairweather eh! do you want to buy all of mine, put your money where your mouth is and cough up Losers.[/quote]

Losers... Sad Indivduals... Any other shocking insults to add to the list?

[quote user="pete"]How many shares have you got?  Fairweather eh! do you want to buy all of mine, put your money where your mouth is and cough up Losers.[/quote]

Pete, I''ll buy them, just tell me how much I need to send?

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

What a pathetic post. I don''t need some schoolkid on half term to tell me if I should renew my season ticket or not. So its sad and silly to want to support your club through thick and thin is it, sad and silly to be able to see past a poor season, (Like we have never had a poor season before), sad and silly to recognise that City will continue whatever.

Do you really think that season ticket sales will make on bit of difference, 5 years ago (Before your time I guess) we were avaeraging 16 or 17 K gates, now we have full houses most of the time, but the club could quite easily survive. The board have decided to stick with their man, you may or my not agree, thats your choice, but do not tell me what I should or shouldn''t do

Finally of course you don''t want to to go on the waiting list, why? Because your just the sort of pathetic, winging, fairweather fan that sulks if we are not top of the league, who will be here today and supporting someone else tomorrow

Now go away.

[/quote]

and your the sort of fan who doesnt give a monkeys that a certain manager has wasted 6 million quid...  why on earth is JJ2 here at the moment too??  what a waste of cash on a player we don''t need.

I wish all you lot who arn''t going to renew, would just rip up your season tickets now. Perhaps then i could get back to doing what i have done for the last 22 years, and thats pay for a ticket when i''m home, and not have to pay £340 for 12 home games a year! Fair weather supporter? Na, just work the other side of the world for six weeks at a time, and have to rely on Teamtalk updates and the world service for my news, and catching on average 3 games when i''m home. The only reason i buy a season ticket now, is to guarentee a ticket to see the team i support since 3 years old, through the good, the bad and the worse. How many of you ''True'', supporters or whatever they like to call yourselves, who are considering giving up their seats, can honestly say that you bought your season tickets before the play-offs because you support the club through and through? Or is it because you wanted to be part of a club that were playing Premier football each week?

It was obvious that season ticket sales  would be high when we went up, and then the following season, when we were expected to go straight back up. The high number of sales already go to show, that you lot are a minority, and that if you did give your season tickets up, then their would be plenty of people to take your place.

So, yes, i''ll still be renewing next year, no i don''t care if you don''t. So, for the rest of the season just shut up moaning, get behind the team, you never know, by the end of the season you might just change y'' mind. If you think times are bad now, then sorry, you''ve got no idea!

No 9 - Bly , terrific post - couldn''t have put it better myself.

Being a supporter is about supporting , not sitting at home sulking.

This post is a complete load of Kack.

If you don''t want to go any more, then don''t go.

If you do, then do.

There - sorted, now the moderators can get this dross off the message board.

[quote user="pete"]

The number of posters who will be renewing because I couldn''t miss my Saturday fix, I love it, you are all extremely sad individuals who in time will look back at yourselves and think did I really say that what a silly billy.

Stop being so foolish and short sighted and for the sake of your club and your sanity rip up your season tickets.

I don''t want to go on the waiting list, there will be no waiting list at the end of the season, a number of those on the list have asked for reimbursement of their £50, list stands at 600 or so.

[/quote] If that''s your attitude then I will be very glad if you rip up your season ticket and stop attending games. The fact you want to sell your shares now lends even more weight to the fact that you are clearly a fairweather fan. A true fan supports their club through thick and thin. Yes it''s not an easy ride but that''s what makes it enjoyable - the unpredictable highs and lows. Look at Forest, Barnsley, Stockport and clubs like that. Our plight is highly favourable compared with what they''ve experienced so get behind the team or go and find some other team to support while they''re winning!! 

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

Now go away.

Spot on Bly.  Interesting post coming from Pete who is very proud of not watching our team.  Supporter?  In what way?

[/quote]

Paul Rankin wrote:and your the sort of fan who doesnt give a monkeys that a certain

manager has wasted 6 million quid...  why on earth is JJ2 here at the

moment too??  what a waste of cash on a player we don''t need.I don''t follow your thinking, Paul. Why does somebody''s preference to continue supporting City, as a season ticket holder, imply tacit approval of either the manager, or his signings? Surely it merely denotes a dedication to supporting your football club, regardless of who''s picking the team.The saying goes "God gave us our relatives, thank God we can choose our friends!" - I''m of the (possibly blasphemous) opinion that the big fella had a shout in which football team you support (unless you''re a scummer, the devil knows where their fans come from! [:D]). Given that you''re stuck with supporting one team, why should anybody else tell you where to spend your Saturdays - or your wages come to that.If you wish to boycott games, do so, it''s a personal choice and not deserving of anyone else''s derision.The point about the wisdom of loaning JJ2 may be worthy of discussion, but I don''t feel it''s pertinent to Pete''s original post (or the subsequent responses). I do, however, appreciate you fitting it in to an existing thread, rather than start a new one! (Only kidding [:)])Finally, Paul, nice to see you on Saturday night, I hope you found the beer up to scratch, if not City''s performance.

I wouldn''t sell my shares to you Squit or anyone else for that matter, how about revealing exactly how many you have got, I hold £350 worth.  Fairweather eh, put my hand in my pocket when it was needed for it to be squandered.  Any chance of a new share issue, no chance, why answer me that.

[quote user="pete"]I wouldn''t sell my shares to you Squit or anyone else for that matter, how about revealing exactly how many you have got, I hold £350 worth.  Fairweather eh, put my hand in my pocket when it was needed for it to be squandered.  Any chance of a new share issue, no chance, why answer me that.[/quote] Do you want a medal or something for buying shares?? I haven''t got any shares - does that mean I''m a fairweather supporter?? I don''t think so! I was at university at the time and didn''t have the money to buy shares. I would have loved to if i''d had some cash!

As for a new share issue - you can''t keep on issuing shares every time you need some money. Didn''t the share issue help to buy Hucks, Svensson and McKenzie?? I''d hardly call that squandered!

Nice attitude Pete! Considering that the term ''fairweather fan'' literally refers to somebody who only supports their club when things are rosy, I''d like you to explain to me how it doesn''t apply to you. You can take it to be either a positive or negative term but whichever, it was made for you. 

[quote user="pete"]I wouldn''t sell my shares to you Squit or anyone else for that matter, how about revealing exactly how many you have got, I hold £350 worth.  Fairweather eh, put my hand in my pocket when it was needed for it to be squandered.  Any chance of a new share issue, no chance, why answer me that.[/quote]

£350 worth - wow, let me pick myself up off the floor.  Some of us hold many times that amount but don''t feel the need to shout about it (although I suppose I just have?).

Let''s face it - the club will be much better off without fans like you.  The core of the Norwich support will always be there - people like you will thankfully have a good moan, throw a strop and dissapear.

So A load of squit offered you so money. Or in your terms "The loser coughed up some money".

Then you do an about turn and say

"I wouldn''t sell my shares to you Squit or anyone else for that matter"

Which is it? Please make your mind up.

As a poster above says, a fair-weather fan is someone that supports a team when they do well. But disappears when they are not doing well. Shall leave it at that......

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

So A load of squit offered you so money. Or in your terms "The loser coughed up some money".

Then you do an about turn and say

"I wouldn''t sell my shares to you Squit or anyone else for that matter"

Which is it? Please make your mind up.

As a poster above says, a fair-weather fan is someone that supports a team when they do well. But disappears when they are not doing well. Shall leave it at that......

[/quote]

I only offered so that I could find out how much he was going on about, expected it to be in the thousands, I suppose getting excited about ''investing'' £350 is a bit small time but pete seems proud so well done pete.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="pete"]I wouldn''t sell my shares to you Squit or anyone else for that matter, how about revealing exactly how many you have got, I hold £350 worth.  Fairweather eh, put my hand in my pocket when it was needed for it to be squandered.  Any chance of a new share issue, no chance, why answer me that.[/quote]

£350 worth - wow, let me pick myself up off the floor.  Some of us hold many times that amount but don''t feel the need to shout about it (although I suppose I just have?).

Let''s face it - the club will be much better off without fans like you.  The core of the Norwich support will always be there - people like you will thankfully have a good moan, throw a strop and dissapear.

[/quote] I agree (although for most people £350 is a fair sum of money!) However it is certainly not enough to shout about or claim that because you''ve invested that much you must be the club''s greatest fan!

It''s not the amount that matters (it''s all relative - £350 is a LOT for many of us but, there again, Dicky, you''re obviously "considerably richer than us", to paraphrase Harry Enfield). I think the point that Pete is making is that he shelled out money that he probably couldn''t afford when the Club came out with their begging bowl. He now perceives that he is being dumped upon from a very great height. If you were a shareholder in a high street company that consistently underperformed, would you sit back and say "That''s OK, no problems" - I think not!

The Club would be much better off without ''fans'' like you Dicky, who slavishly lap up everything that Carrow Road dishes out - what a lap dog. To say that you are happy to retain a manager who has returned such appalling results over the past 18 months beggars belief.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

It''s not the amount that matters (it''s all relative - £350 is a LOT for many of us but, there again, Dicky, you''re obviously "considerably richer than us", to paraphrase Harry Enfield). I think the point that Pete is making is that he shelled out money that he probably couldn''t afford when the Club came out with their begging bowl. He now perceives that he is being dumped upon from a very great height. If you were a shareholder in a high street company that consistently underperformed, would you sit back and say "That''s OK, no problems" - I think not!

The Club would be much better off without ''fans'' like you Dicky, who slavishly lap up everything that Carrow Road dishes out - what a lap dog. To say that you are happy to retain a manager who has returned such appalling results over the past 18 months beggars belief.

[/quote] Agreed but you don''t buy shares in a football club as an investment to make profit.

That was my point, Alex - it''s my impression that Pete put his money where his mouth was in order to help the Club, not for his own gain.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]That was my point, Alex - it''s my impression that Pete put his money where his mouth was in order to help the Club, not for his own gain.[/quote] I agree with you. What I meant was that you said you wouldn''t be happy if you had shares in a company if they were not performing. That would be predominantly beacuse the share price would fall and the dividend you receive wouldn''t be so great. That is not an issue with Norwich because you wouldn''t invest in shares in order to make money and receive a dividend! (Well unless you were slightly mad and wanted to throw your money away!!) I do agree though and this in itself suggests Pete bought the shares to help the club!!

i cant believe some of whats been said....

I love the team and love watchiung football.. i have 3 years left on my seaon ticket thankfully but if i didnt id be trying to afford to renew this year....

I want Worthy out as u all know, that hasnt changed.. but id sooner go to games and voice my opinion then i would sit at home and Phone Neil Adams saying "I didnt go today but......" how can those people comment when they havent seen it????!!!!!!

I support the players during the game, herangue the ref, banter with the oppositin fans, and shout at the other teams players.... then after the game i might voice my concern over the running of the club.. does that make me a sad loser????? i want to see football then make my opinion heard... as i will do so every week i have a season ticket...

jas :)

"but id sooner go to games and voice my opinion then i would sit at home and Phone Neil Adams saying "I didnt go today but......" how can those people comment when they havent seen it????!!!!!!"

Hehe. Always makes me laugh.