Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Paul Heckingbottom is sheffield uniteds new manager

I hope you know this has been mentioned on another threrad ? Oh sorry that is probably where you saw it.

• Like 1

It's been said plenty of times before, they have a real desire to be an established PL club. If only we had their ambition...

• Haha 1

I think this is the equivalent of seeing a friends wedding photos on facebook and realising you didn't know they'd divorced their last wife. 😛

• Haha 2

The Chairman has posted a statement saying that Heckingbottom is the "Football Manager".  He went on to add he was not a football man, nothing to do with Sheffield, and that he and the owner would not be seen at the Ground, potentially ever again.  The Chairman's statement:

"Paul will be the club's football manager.  I am told that is not a title that will go down well here.  I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the Chairman.  We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.  Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will n longer be the case.  You won't see much of me either."

God bless Smith & Jones!  Enjoy the AGM, think what could befall us ........

Looks like they've appointed him as an old school style manager who will basically run the club, sign the players, pick the team but not really be seen on the training ground. You've got to wonder why if they were looking for someone to do that role that they didn't just bring Warnock back as he has a better record. Sounds like the owner has checked out though which organizationally is about the worst thing that can happen to a club, means they'll soon be playing the binners 

29 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

At this juncture, it would be interesting to have comments from the Blunts fans, who have come on here, over the last few seasons.............

No need, its hilarious enough reading some of our own fans comments on here over the last few seasons, wanting Sheffield Uniteds owners at our club...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No need, its hilarious enough reading some of our own fans comments on here over the last few seasons, wanting Sheffield Uniteds owners at our club...

Just for the sake of balance Hoggy! 🙂 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

At this juncture, it would be interesting to have comments from the Blunts fans, who have come on here, over the last few seasons.............

Yes it would be great to hear what @BillySharpsCircus makes of it all...

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didn't you get the memo? We only want whoever is higher than us, irrespective of their spending and overall plan. 😛

So now it's Brentford, but they've dipped a bit so we arguably need someone else.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Didn't you get the memo? We only want whoever is higher than us, irrespective of their spending and overall plan. 😛

So now it's Brentford, but they've dipped a bit so we arguably need someone else.

But they're still above us for now, so I think we should stick with Brentford - and just have a backup in reserve in case we swap places with them.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes it would be great to hear what @BillySharpsCircus makes of it all...

On 10/03/2020 at 11:28, BillySharpsCircus said:

And I'm happy to be the new Watford, Burnley or Brighton. Teams with regular Premier League football. Better than being a Derby, Fulham or Middlesbrough like you're destined to be.

Something tells me @BillySharpsCircus would pay good money for his team to be a Fulham right now...

According to their local press Slaviša Jokanović was promised a lot and they only bought a few loan players in.

Somehow Wilder ended up with 6 strikers (McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp, McGoldrick, Mousset and Burke) and no real wingers, since Wilder's overlapping centre back system and the wingbacks provided the width. Believe the Heckingbottom appointment is more about playing to Wilder's old system since they've still got the players for it.