44 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The fans have put in a huge effort all season so far and Chelsea was a bridge to far for an awful lot of people. The ratings given to players by Paddy Davitt ranging from 2 to 4 out of 10 should really give you a clue as to how much effort the players put in. Mind you Farke is really not helping himself either with team set ups, players banished from the starting line up ( Dowell, Sorenson for starters ) and his post match ramblings etc.

I agree here and think fans have every right to sing whatever they want. It is a very loyal fan base too. It takes a lot of effort and money to go away especially (hundreds of pounds) and if the performance is so dire (we might argue what has been our worst ever) then gallows humour is often the result.

If you've invested in such a way to support then you will probably want to get some enjoyment out of it. Shouting or singing in that way would not be for me but I would completely understand the feelings of fans. This issue is very different to the question of who should be the manager, the ownership etc.

Surely, we cannot get to the point of a kind of censorship about what and how people can sing at matches (unless racist etc etc) especially when the subject is ourselves! if we cannot even laugh at ourselves (because that what it is really...if you're a supporter then you are , ergo, part of the team for that moment) then what can you do. 

I'm 100% sure all supporters who make the effort to attend really want their team (our team) to play well. There will always be the odd idiot like there is in life but this forum isn't the place to make pointed or sarcastic comments to a large number of its faithful fans.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I know the fans as a whole have put up a huge effort, they always do. I have only been highlighting a "special" few who seem to think it is all a bit of a jolly for them to act like brainless idiots.

An expensive jolly to see not a single goal on the road so far in 5 games and only a point to show after parking the bus at Burnley who have not won at home since January.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

this forum isn't the place to make pointed or sarcastic comments to a large number of its faithful fans.

But the post was not aimed at large numbers of fans. People are so quick to take stuff personally, my argument is with a select few.  Gallows humour has it's place, but some of it is just a bit too ridiculous - imo.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But the post was not aimed at large numbers of fans. People are so quick to take stuff personally, my argument is with a select few.  Gallows humour has it's place, but some of it is just a bit too ridiculous - imo.

I'm a supporter LDC of many things you post - sometimes a contrarian approach is very needed when folk get really carried away. I don't take many things personally but tend to get more wired if I feel there is a sense of unfairness and I just felt the post was a bit mocking if I'm being honest. There are bigger fights - or rather better hills to die on if you know that saying?

The team does need us all and hopefully we will see a big response on Sunday. Of all teams I would love it to be against Leeds (not my favourite club).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I'm a supporter LDC of many things you post - sometimes a contrarian approach is very needed when folk get really carried away. I don't take many things personally but tend to get more wired if I feel there is a sense of unfairness and I just felt the post was a bit mocking if I'm being honest. There are bigger fights - or rather better hills to die on if you know that saying?

The team does need us all and hopefully we will see a big response on Sunday. Of all teams I would love it to be against Leeds (not my favourite club).

Yes, it was meant to be cutting and a bit mocking, I admit. I'd just had a look at the Webber interview and he was very subtle in his saying we don't need chants like the "0-0 sh*t" one and I thought it needed spelling out a bit more. Some people seem to me to treat the football as a bit of a joke, even when things are bad. Gallows humour is all very well when you are losing badly, but at 0-0 in games we want to win?  Not for me.

My lad is one of the "elite" away members, and so far this season has been to Chelsea away and Manchester city away. 

The one thing that's consistent in his crisism of the team so far is a lack of fight or effort. Losing is par for the course but showing no fight is inexcusable. 

It saddens me to see him on a Sat night post match so frustrated and down after he has spent his hard earnt for little / no reward. And if he wants to moan, or dare I say boo or even sing a chant against the teams performance at that time, I think he has the right to do so. And as I've given up away games for various reasons I have no right to judge him otherwise. 

But once the dust settles during the week he, and his mates plan their next trips, with renewed enthusiasm and hope. I respect that, and am proud that he can do that. That's what supporting your team is about. He is off to Newcastle for the first time, which is a trek and not cheap, so if we don't get a result there and he wants to release some frustration with a boo, or whatever that's fine by me. 

It's the hope that kills you. 

He may not fit LDCs criteria of being a good supporter but he is loyal, and despite showing his frustrations at a poor performance he loyally returns and supports the club.

How boring it must be to support one of the always winning big boys...... 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You’ve got your work cut out to wriggle out of this one Lakey? Had you dropped a tab or was it just booze? 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My lad is one of the "elite" away members, and so far this season has been to Chelsea away and Manchester city away. 

The one thing that's consistent in his crisism of the team so far is a lack of fight or effort. Losing is par for the course but showing no fight is inexcusable. 

It saddens me to see him on a Sat night post match so frustrated and down after he has spent his hard earnt for little / no reward. And if he wants to moan, or dare I say boo or even sing a chant against the teams performance at that tune, I think he has the right to do so. And as I've given up away games for various reasons I have no right to judge him otherwise. 

But once the dust settles during the week he, and his mates plan their next trips, with renewed enthusiasm and hope. I respect that, and am proud that he can do that. That's what supporting your team is about. He is off to Newcastle for the first time, which is a trek and not cheap, so if we don't get a result there and he wants to release some frustration with a boo, or whatever that's fine by me. 

It's the hope that kills you. 

He may not fit LDCs criteria of being a good supporter but he is loyal, and despite showing his frustrations at a poor performance he loyally returns and supports the club.

How boring it must be to support one of the always winning big boys...... 

Fair point. My son is the same (born up here in Yorkshire but a NCFC fan through and through - I must have done something right 😀) and I often (especially lately) just want a result for him (he told me the performance against Chelsea was the worst he's seen). If he is happy, I am. Your comment "the hope that kills you" is spot on - you cannot help coming back for more! 

The dust always settles too.

Edited by sonyc

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Fair point. My son is the same (born up here in Yorkshire but a NCFC fan through and through - I must have done something right 😀) and I often (especially lately) just want a result for him (he told me the performance against Chelsea was the worst he's seen). If he is happy, I am. Your comment "the hope that kills you" is spot on - you cannot help coming back for more! 

Totally. 

We have a mutual friend who was also at the Chelsea match and said he saw my lad when it a 4-0 sitting in his chair, just looking dejected. No parent wants to see anything affect their child like that. 

I can imagine the response LDC would have got with a "cheer up, it might not happen" comment if he was there..... 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Naah, you're ok, Til, I'm all out of sermons. I just want to see a huge effort from everyone on Sunday, from players and fans.  The situation demands it.

I will be putting in a huge effort on Sunday in front of the TV. i promise not to say "Oh siht" if we make a howler or "For fcuks sake" if we give the ball away in our last third. Just in case if affects or upsets the players.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Ditto. My eldest was born in Norwich but we left when he was 10 months old. And he is as fervent as anyone else on here about our club.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I will be putting in a huge effort on Sunday in front of the TV. i promise not to say "Oh siht" if we make a howler or "For fcuks sake" if we give the ball away in our last third. Just in case if affects or upsets the players.

You'll be fine KGD, at least you won't need to leap up and risk that bone in your foot. 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ditto. My eldest was born in Norwich but we left when he was 10 months old. And he is as fervent as anyone else on here about our club.

Hopefully not as fervent as Lakey! 😊 😊 

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You'll be fine KGD, at least you won't need to leap up and risk that bone in your foot. 

I hope I do. And several times as we hammer them Yorkies. Make sure you wear ponchos in case those dirty beggars start spitting on everyone again.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

LDC would turn to stone if he heard my son's language😡

Preceeded by a tut of disapproval surely? 

18 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

If it’s a sh1t performance on Sunday I will be booing

kinda looking forward to it to be frank 

You're being Frank, not Fred, on Sunday hey? Good for you. 

I think Lakeys post was absolutely fine. He's right. Why do we sing such crap to our own team?! It seems rather bizarre to me. Booing also sucks. I don't think anyone is achieving anything with any of this other than to wind themselves up. 

Have a day off on Sunday please. I'd also LOVE IT if we beat them, perhaps to shut some of you ninnies up. 

OTBC x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

I have never sung this song but Lakey has inspired me to sing it with pride on Sunday. Thanks mate.

I hope you can hear the song on the tv or radio 😂🤞👍

I feel sorry for you.

21 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

We have a mutual friend who was also at the Chelsea match and said he saw my lad when it a 4-0 sitting in his chair, just looking dejected. No parent wants to see anything affect their child like that.

I fully get that. We all get frustrated at times. My argument is never with fans who go to matches and who feel all the emotions of that - just the few kn*bheads who seem to live on a different planet as far as I can see and who appear to be so thick that they think booing substitutions is a good idea, or who think  that the way they behave or chant doesn't affect the players for better or worse.

I seriously think there are a few people who have literally no idea whatsoever what supporting is all about. People might think that's a bit rich coming from someone who can't get to many matches, but when I do go, I give it everything I can and I expect everyone else to do the same. I've seen it, I know it, I've experienced it over the years, that some people - probably and hopefully very few - go to matches just for the crack and don't really care that much about the football itself.

9 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

You're being Frank, not Fred, on Sunday hey? Good for you. 

I think Lakeys post was absolutely fine. He's right. Why do we sing such crap to our own team?! It seems rather bizarre to me. Booing also sucks. I don't think anyone is achieving anything with any of this other than to wind themselves up. 

Have a day off on Sunday please. I'd also LOVE IT if we beat them, perhaps to shut some of you ninnies up. 

OTBC x

Boooo boooo  booooo 

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

some people - probably and hopefully very few - go to matches just for the crack and don't really care that much about the football itself

I think youve got that the wrong way around Lakey - Ill try to explain. 

If they went only for the football - and we are repeatedly not turning up as a team, no fight, etc then even the most loyal of fans would find it hard, week in week out - even you my friend. However what keeps you going (other than the hope) is the craic with your mates, the social side, a couple of pints before/ after, and that is always so much better after a win. I would even say whilst a victory is celebrated a lot longer than a defeat, the mood out in the city post match will generally be a lower one following a defeat. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think youve got that the wrong way around Lakey - Ill try to explain. 

If they went only for the football - and we are repeatedly not turning up as a team, no fight, etc then even the most loyal of fans would find it hard, week in week out - even you my friend. However what keeps you going (other than the hope) is the craic with your mates, the social side, a couple of pints before/ after, and that is always so much better after a win. I would even say whilst a victory is celebrated a lot longer than a defeat, the mood out in the city post match will generally be a lower one following a defeat. 

I largely agree and think that applies to most people, but I maintain there are a few who simply go for different reasons other than football.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Why do we sing such crap to our own team?! It seems rather bizarre to me. 

What was said then? I mean , I was at Chelsea , Arsenal and Everton but I seemed to have missed the cr4p?

Could you and Lakey tell me what was said , and how you know what was said ? 

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I largely agree and think that applies to most people, but I maintain there are a few who simply go for different reasons other than football.

How would you know if you hardly ever go to matches? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

When do clock's go back an hour?

Seems like its daily on here sometimes! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How would you know if you hardly ever go to matches? 

Its easy to not get too down about it when your whole supporter experience is checking the result once a week on bbc sport........

4 minutes ago, Haus said:

Its easy to not get too down about it when your whole supporter experience is checking the result once a week on bbc sport........

Quite, never tell fans how they should react to abject displays when spending thousands to follow a team over one season. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I know the fans as a whole have put up a huge effort, they always do. I have only been highlighting a "special" few who seem to think it is all a bit of a jolly for them to act like brainless idiots.

Don’t talk about yourself like that, we can do it for you