Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Why has Look East BBC1 local news been incorporated into a London version?  BBC1 now.

Good grief! 

43 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Why has Look East BBC1 local news been incorporated into a London version?  BBC1 now.

I prefer Jago on ITV

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

This time next week you'll be talking Mockney and stabbing people.

• Haha 1

Elmo Musk has decided to limit the amount of things you can read on his social media network that relies on adverts to keep running. Genius my ****.

Pointless 'smart' stuff. I love a bit of tech like most blokes but I've just been served an ad for a smart fan and it's grinding my gears. What is the point in adding connectivity to a device that, unless you are sat/stood near, is pointless anyway. What's the point in boiling a kettle remotely?

• Like 1

If someone overtakes on a single carriageway why do they then indicate left to get back in front of you ? What else would they do, drive into oncoming traffic?

Evri, a company I had been warned about.

"We're sorry we missed your delivery. There wasn't a safe place to leave it."

Erm, it was being delivered to my work, which is about 20 acres of land, a small office at the front of the site and about 20 or so people working there. Methinks they couldn't be arsed.

On 04/07/2023 at 20:25, FenwayFrank said:

If someone overtakes on a single carriageway why do they then indicate left to get back in front of you ? What else would they do, drive into oncoming traffic?

A Ford Focus ST undertook me on Acle roundabout coming from Norwich and turning right down Acle straight towards Yarmouth.

Your card is well and truly marked sunny Jim or OC03 DAN as he's now known.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

A Ford Focus ST undertook me on Acle roundabout coming from Norwich and turning right down Acle straight towards Yarmouth.

I bloody well hate that. Two roundabouts to work, at least once a week, someone tries it on by sneaking down the side of me.😡

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Herman said:

Evri, a company I had been warned about.

"We're sorry we missed your delivery. There wasn't a safe place to leave it."

Erm, it was being delivered to my work, which is about 20 acres of land, a small office at the front of the site and about 20 or so people working there. Methinks they couldn't be arsed.

Yeah, they’ve changed their name from Hermes but are still providing the famed Hermes quality of service.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

To be fair, if he owns a Focus ST he was probably just excited about going to Yarmouth. 

• Haha 2

Why don't the BBC or Wimbledon show the nationality of players on the scores any more. Are they concerned that the 52% will switch off? 

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Yeah, they’ve changed their name from Hermes but are still providing the famed Hermes quality of service.

I wasn't in a rush for my parcel but now it is two days late, by their reckoning, I am getting more annoyed. They have one job!!

Why do the majority of people walking around the London Underground walk on the right when it is littered with signs saying “Keep left”?

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Why do the majority of people walking around the London Underground walk on the right when it is littered with signs saying “Keep left”?

Why do people decide to stand in the exits at Carrow Road to have a discussion about the game ? 

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Why do people decide to stand in the exits at Carrow Road to have a discussion about the game ? 

Up there with people who get off escalators and stop. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Up there with people who get off escalators and stop. 

I have an escalator story...

I'm proud and not proud equally of the way it played out...

In Norwich coming down an escalator with a mother and small child on it in front of me. Small child was sitting down and then standing up on the escalator as it was moving towards it's final conclusion.

I said to little brat something along the lines of 'you don't want to be sitting down on that when it reaches the bottom...' me visualising ripped trousers and flesh on the sharp teeth as it reaches the bottom.

Small child saw this as a challenge and resolutely, his arms may have been crossed, sat down with no intention of moving. mother not remotely interested.

Anyway as the escalator made it's final approach to discharge it's passengers, rightly or wrongly I grabbed said child by the hand and lifted him up out of the way of what in my head could have been a catastrophic incident...

Of course these things never go as planned. Child flops back surprised at being manhandled by a total stranger and bangs back of head on escalator step.

Cue lots of tears and many apologies from me. Mother sort of got what I was trying to do. No real damage done and hurried on my way. At least I like to think I averted a Jaws type incident where the severed leg slowly floats to the bottom.

• Like 2

I think you can see where this is going by the fourth tweet.😬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Did small boys really need to wash behind their ears?

Under the foreskin is probably far more important but you never hear a parent say that 

• Haha 2

Lord mayors parade mid afternoon? I'm sure it used to be later. Oh well maybe I'll see it next year

If this is an antimacassar, WTF is a macassar?

IMG_5172.jpeg

Edit: I had to look it up, it was hair oil apparently, which is a bit disappointingly logical. However, did you know it is also the name for the flap at the back of the neck on a sailor’s shirt? You’re welcome.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

Ever since two of us accidentally turned up with the same top for a night out I've decreased the odds of this happening again by pretty much only wearing Hawaiian shirts.

I now have 30+ 40 if you include the Christmas one and the funeral one (yes it was requested by the deceased) They have their own wardrobe!

I love social double standards. Just had some wally online wish me a kid when I've expressly said I'm childfree. When I asked him if it was polite to wish people things they don't want he said he was OK with that.

Then this cretin went full imbecile when I wished him a liberating miscarriage in response.

What's good for the goose and all that...

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1