ricardo

Ricardo's report v Bournemouth

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never mind all this Tzolis love fest, has anybody seen his girlfriend yet ? 😜

Is 'Yet' her Christian or Surname?....Is it an abridged version of 'Yvette'?.....

Just to add I thought Idah looked really strong when he came on for his little cameo. The defender couldn't get near the ball after Adam held him off and put in a dangerous cross. A little bit "Lukakuesque" I said at the time! With Hugill now gone on loan that role must be Idah's and he gives an option that others don't. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never mind all this Tzolis love fest, has anybody seen his girlfriend yet ? 😜

Is he old enough to have one?

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Is he old enough to have one?

If that is the case maybe a local cougar has her sights on him ?

21 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Great report as always Ricardo. Made me smile. 

I think he will start Sargant and Tzolis after those performances, but who knows? 

Think Kenny over Rupp is a given no matter what injury Rupp may have. I'm afraid he's not up to  Premiership level. 

Totally agree about the Lord Mayor, he must (surely?) be a shoe in for Saturday. Think that will be the only change unless Williams has jumped ahead of Ginoulis after his debut last night. Sargent and Tzolis will start on the bench. I also hope Farke gets Idah involved. He has a physical presence that other forwards don't.  

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

If that is the case maybe a local cougar has her sights on him ?

Do you know of any Tilly? Someone willing to 'show him round the City'?

9 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Do you know of any Tilly? Someone willing to 'show him round the City'?

Could possibly be one or two on this forum if the truth is known. 😜

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am babysitting up in Windsor this week. Just seen the goals. Looks really exciting. Its brilliant when new signings come good and look top prospects.

I really hope this has given DF a headache. Theories and plans are all good but that are not always right. And reading Ricardo's report, it seems Tzolis may be the catalyst, the unknown factor, that gives us an edge.

Remember the likes of Bone, Hockey, O'Neill, Huckerby who came in and gave us a real lift at the time.

If he is good enough, then surely he must be in consideration. I really do not know it is so important to bed players in. Talent should outweigh anything.

And surely Sargent has shown his worth in the new system?

This.^

7 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am babysitting up in Windsor this week. Just seen the goals. Looks really exciting. Its brilliant when new signings come good and look top prospects.

I really hope this has given DF a headache. Theories and plans are all good but that are not always right. And reading Ricardo's report, it seems Tzolis may be the catalyst, the unknown factor, that gives us an edge.

Remember the likes of Bone, Hockey, O'Neill, Huckerby who came in and gave us a real lift at the time.

If he is good enough, then surely he must be in consideration. I really do not know it is so important to bed players in. Talent should outweigh anything.

And surely Sargent has shown his worth in the new system?

Honestly, it should. If there isn't an improved performance at the weekend then it'll be because of players who retained their shirts haven't quite grasped just what those who played last night have set out in terms of a statement. It was a very clear - PICK ME.

There is another thread that suggests you could start the team from last night, and whilst that is perhaps a little unrealistic, Farke absolutely could. There will be more than a couple of players who will feel they did enough to retain their starting place for the next game. Those who played Vs Liverpool and Man City simply have to take note now or lose their place, that simple for me.

Love Ricardo's work. We must sit almost at right angles but I am often surprised that we note the same things.

To add to the lauding of Tzolis, I  thought he was pretty sharp in some of his defensive interventions too.

Williams galloped up & down the wing at will, we did land him in a Jamal Lewis situation once, compounded by an error from Sorenson, but we dealt with the ensuing corner OK.

Lungi had a quiet but effective first half with Kenny working as the more forward of the pair; second half was looser but I noted one crunching tackle apparently missed by the ref.

Leicester will know what our setup will be and how we will play.

That is if we pick the team that lost to ManC.

I doubt they would be prepared enough for new players.

By the way, what happened to the days when a team had a bad performance and players were replaced? Or a new player went straight into the team?