Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Sh*t Day

Manchester based., 60's. Issue getting ticket. Finally got in. Had reasonable expectations. Shattered early on. One of the worst performances I have seen supporting City for 50+ years. No fight, zero threat, nobody playing for the badge, easy for the Mancs. Had some proper banter with their supporters to begin with, then they were patronising and felt sorry for us, whats worse than that?! Pathetic big time Charlies, forgot their history. I am big Farke and Delia supporter but I have serious questions after that. Disrespectful to all those who made the long trip, the team should hang their heads in shame. FFS at least have a go!! Then lost my wallet. Miserable f'n day! Thanks for nuthin. Already reconciled to relegation. End of.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Mellow Yellow said:

Manchester based., 60's. Issue getting ticket. Finally got in. Had reasonable expectations. Shattered early on. One of the worst performances I have seen supporting City for 50+ years. No fight, zero threat, nobody playing for the badge, easy for the Mancs. Had some proper banter with their supporters to begin with, then they were patronising and felt sorry for us, whats worse than that?! Pathetic big time Charlies, forgot their history. I am big Farke and Delia supporter but I have serious questions after that. Disrespectful to all those who made the long trip, the team should hang their heads in shame. FFS at least have a go!! Then lost my wallet. Miserable f'n day! Thanks for nuthin. Already reconciled to relegation. End of.

First ever away game? 

Feeling sorry. But feeling sorry for supporters of Citee as they have have had their club taken away. Good bad indifferent- our club is our club. Their club was admired by all , tremendous history, probably at its strongest when they were in the 3rd tier, everyone admired their resilience. Now Manchester City is nothing. Sad really. 

Agree, talking to their supporters they just don't see it, they are delusional. Buy the title, whats the point? £100m for a poseur like Grealish sums it up.

2 minutes ago, corbs said:

Feeling sorry. But feeling sorry for supporters of Citee as they have have had their club taken away. Good bad indifferent- our club is our club. Their club was admired by all , tremendous history, probably at its strongest when they were in the 3rd tier, everyone admired their resilience. Now Manchester City is nothing. Sad really. 

We watched their team coach arrive. It drove through hundreds of fans lining the final part of the route. Then as players came off the bus they were all introduced to the crowd, with flares and smoke celebrations like you have when the teams come out at the start of the match.

As the players came out fireworks went off and the rockets left light blue and white stripes of smoke above the Etihad. 
Plenty of tourists taking pictures of the ground, but for all that, probably currently the best team in the world had loads of empty seats. Glad DeBryne and Kane weren’t playing.

It was hard to say we’re we that bad or were they just sensational, any of the players would have been the star player in most EPL sides, bring on Mahrez and Sterling as subs, mad.

'One of the worst performances I have seen supporting City'

I beg to differ.. I remember going to the ground on this day with so much hope.. Thankfuly the rest of the season made up for it but still

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'One of the worst performances I have seen supporting City'

I beg to differ.. I remember going to the ground on this day with so much hope.. Thankfuly the rest of the season made up for it but still

Good point...

1 hour ago, Mellow Yellow said:

Manchester based?, 5-0 defeat?..............luxury!!. In 1981 I had to get up early to catch the football special from Norwich which was the slowest train I have ever been on, no beer, no grub, got herded into a fleet of double deckers when we arrived in Manchester. Herded into the ground, stood in a pile of horse shoite, had a police horse stand on my foot...........and we got thrashed 6-0, six bl00dy nil, six bl00dy nil!!. Even slower train home..........the brief skirmish with the Ippo fans at Peterborough station was the highlight of the day........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Manchester based?, 5-0 defeat?..............luxury!!. In 1981 I had to get up early to catch the football special from Norwich which was the slowest train I have ever been on, no beer, no grub, got herded into a fleet of double deckers when we arrived in Manchester. Herded into the ground, stood in a pile of horse shoite, had a police horse stand on my foot...........and we got thrashed 6-0 bl00dy nil, 6 bl00dy nil!!. Even slower train home..........the brief skirmish with the Ippo fans at Peterborough station was the highlight of the day........

haha you have made me feel better, cheers 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mellow Yellow said:

haha you have made me feel better, cheers 🙂

I forgot to mention John Bond had just taken charge of Man City............and Kevin Reeves* (*at least his fee paid for the new River End stand), whom we sold to Man City scored against us, in fact six different players scored (60% of their outfield players), 5-0 and home in time for Location, Location, Location.........luxury I tell you............

18 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Manchester based?, 5-0 defeat?..............luxury!!. In 1981 I had to get up early to catch the football special from Norwich which was the slowest train I have ever been on, no beer, no grub, got herded into a fleet of double deckers when we arrived in Manchester. Herded into the ground, stood in a pile of horse shoite, had a police horse stand on my foot...........and we got thrashed 6-0, six bl00dy nil, 6 bl00dy nil!!. Even slower train home..........the brief skirmish with the Ippo fans at Peterborough station was the highlight of the day........

Run out of reactions FJSPSOB👏...that post was just like the Monty Python sketch 🙂

I can't beat your misery but I was there too (but my train was back to West Yorkshire). Avoided getting beaten up. But such a miserable day. 

Sorry to read your account Mellow Yellow. I think today's performance was more spineless than 1981. But that team today has just been bought. Something unreal about it all (and the Etihad). Progress? I'm not so sure but as an old timer I probably prefer the flat cap and woodbine days.

• Like 1

Really poor today, loopings forward to the Chumps next year. Agree with Mello, can you really be proud of a team not built but bought and be one of the Bully boys. The sooner the top 6 naff off the beter

47 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Run out of reactions FJSPSOB👏...that post was just like the Monty Python sketch 🙂

I can't beat your misery but I was there too (but my train was back to West Yorkshire). Avoided getting beaten up. But such a miserable day. 

Sorry to read your account Mellow Yellow. I think today's performance was more spineless than 1981. But that team today has just been bought. Something unreal about it all (and the Etihad). Progress? I'm not so sure but as an old timer I probably prefer the flat cap and woodbine days.

Probably not as spineless but pretty inept, I seem to remember our (seemingly) vertically challenged keeper getting chipped on more than one occasion. I do not travel away these days but I still carry the emotional scars of one or two poor away day performances, 4-0 at Swansea for example, at least the next time I went we only lost 3-0 and we got our ticket money refunded, although our coach did break down on the way home, shame it did not break down on the way to Swansea and we missed the match, but then we might not have had our ticket money refunded 😀...............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

When we played in the premier league last time we played Man City away the score was  5  0 lost and the Liverpool game and Man City game today Josh Sargent came on 77 minutes both games I can not understand why he can not have a full game and score some goals to start us winning again .

One of the first games in a while under Farke where I thought we were all beaten all over the park. I thought we'd shed the ability to get turned over with the changes in tactics and personnel last season. 

The fact we've still not replaced Skipp is a big worry, and Brandon Williams might find himself in the first team soon if Dimi doesn't up his defending!