Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

12 points from first 10 games..we stay up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58148143

Good article on the BBC sport page. Actually I know the BBC but this time, it's facts and no underlying tones... 

So here is your list of our first 10 games... Can you find 12 points?  I feel we will need a win in the first 4 games to get close to the 12. And I can see that starting Sat night!

Game 1

Sat Aug 14

Liverpool (5.30pm)

H

Game 2

Sat Aug 21

Manchester City

A

Game 3

Sat Aug 28

Leicester City

H

Game 4

Sat Sep 11

Arsenal

A

Game 5

Sat Sep 18

Watford

H

Game 6

Sat Sep 25

Everton

A

Game 7

Sat Oct 2

Burnley

A

Game 8

Sat Oct 16

Brighton & Hove Albion

H

Game 9

Sat Oct 23

Chelsea (12.30pm)

A

Game 10

Sun Oct 31

Leeds United (2pm)

H

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Edit title

I can see us getting 9 points out of them 10 games. Draw arsenal away, need to beat Watford at home and I can see it, draw Everton, draw Burnley, beat Brighton.

Any thing from the first 4 (and avoiding any hidings) will be a decent start. After that we have our kindest run of fixtures up until early December so need to cash in and get ahead of the game points wise. 

Comparing the PL , "money money money" ERA , with the decades before that is just not right imho. 

Only Leicester City have stood up to the top six once and I reckon the league has become far too predictable at the top end.

At the bottom end it's the same I am 99 % certain that one of the promoted clubs will go down , in 1990 that wouldn't have been 99 % ... at least I remember the league was much more competitive.

We’ll do well to gain eight points from the opening 10 games. After that we’ll need to average a point a game for the rest of the season to have a good chance of staying up.

I expect us to struggle. It'll probably be a lot less like the prancing start to 2019/20 and more like the slog of early 2020/21.

• A lot of young talent and quality players from abroad who aren't used to PL. They need time to adjust.
  • Aborted pre-season and covid breakout. Rashica's fitness is unknown.
  • Teemu will likely take a while to shake off the rust and improve fitness like last season. That one pre-season goal is going to pay dividends in maintaining faith.

Instead of 12 points I am looking for serious improvement in various areas and the team starting to show extended periods of purposeful and fluid football. A psychological collapse would be a terrible sign. If we lose every single of the 10 matches but fight through every minute, I expect us to stay up. 

My primary concern is that mental coaching is again ignored by the club and Farke loses control of the team's psychology. If the team turns bipolar fragile snowflakes like in fall 2019, we are done.

I'm quietly confident we'll get 12 points from the first 10 games. I genuinely think we are going to surprise a lot of people.

The feel the league is very unpredictable at the start of the season but what we must remember is that every game is winnable, as we proved in our home fixture against Man City last time round. Here’s my views on some of the fixtures:

- I think Liverpool only beat us 1-0 last time they visited, with Robertson a major injury doubt this time (although Cantwell’s a possible doubt for us). I’m convinced we’ll lose though 

- I think we drew with Leicester away and beat them at home last time. They’ve also lost a CB to a broken leg in pre-season. I think we stand a chance of at least a draw

- I think we drew with Everton away last time. I think we stand a chance of doing it again

- I think we stand a fairly decent chance of beating Watford, Burnley, and Brighton 

I do believe we will get at least 9 points from the first 10, possibly even 12

12 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

- I think we drew with Everton away last time. I think we stand a chance of doing it again

- I think we stand a fairly decent chance of beating Watford, Burnley, and Brighton

How can you forget Denis Srbeny’s magnificent finish in a 0-2 win at Goodison Park?! 😉

My biggest worry is our seeming inability to beat the teams around us -I haven’t crunched the numbers, but to stay up as a bottom six side I really do think you need 3, 4 or 6 points against almost all of the rest of the bottom six match-ups…to prevent them getting a positive points balance off you than anything else, and we’ve been poor at doing that under Farke.

You can get away with it in the Championship as you can ‘flat track bully’ those below the top but hoovering up enough points from the top fourteen or so of the Premier League is nigh on impossible.

On 10/08/2021 at 09:12, Ward 3 said:

I can see us getting 9 points out of them 10 games. Draw arsenal away, need to beat Watford at home and I can see it, draw Everton, draw Burnley, beat Brighton.

Hope I'm right for next few games. I'm not too disheartened as I expected us to be on 0 points sadly.