Thought I’d have a look at some of the other clubs message boards tonight, and as always, the Brentford one is always brilliant value for delusions of grandeur. I kid you not, some of them are actually having a conversation about whether they should make a move for Todd 🤣😂. Honestly, what planet are they on?! Not only that, but they’ve done a poll on how many more players they need to sign for the Premier League, and 51% have gone with just 2, which take their total signings to 4. Is it just me or are their supporters grossly underestimating the Premier League, whilst massively overestimating their teams quality?

47D9D419-5045-4237-99C4-A60DC4B1D5C5.png

83287398-1CCD-4C95-9BAA-92DFE25C1FF3.png

A9F8BEE3-F130-495E-9D6A-E5CE930DFDF0.png

• Thanks 1

Sure, the Cantwell stuff is way off the mark but regarding the idea that they only need a handful of additions the funny thing is that you never quite know how well or badly things are going to go for a promoted club do you?

Who could have seen how well SheffU did two seasons ago?

I have a suspicion that they might soar in similiar fashion this campaign - which will be annoying for us!

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

8 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Sure, the Cantwell stuff is way off the mark but regarding the idea that they only need a handful of additions the funny thing is that you never quite know how well or badly things are going to go for a promoted club do you?

I have a suspicion that they might soar in similiar fashion this campaign - which will be annoying for us!

They are going to need to improve drastically on that implosion at the turn of the year in the championship to achieve that

Perhaps to counteract the clear nonsense about Cantwell we should put in a bid for Toney.

If he is lured away before the ending of the window (or gets an injury for a period of time) then their chances of survival would be greatly reduced.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Perhaps to counteract the clear nonsense about Cantwell we should put in a bid for Toney.

If he is lured away before the ending of the window (or gets an injury for a period of time) then their chances of survival would be greatly reduced.

Still think he will get found out in the Prem.

Wont get half as many penalties either

2 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Of course, it’s not impossible they might stay up, strange things sometimes happen, Cantiaci! 

I think the massive difference with them and Sheff Utd however, is that Sheff Utd were not only a very physically robust side but built on a very solid defence indeed. It was ultimately these 2 key ingredients that saw them compete in that first season, before making some generally not so good transfer decisions the following season which ultimately cost them. Take our game at Carrow Rd, Brentford couldn’t handle our physicality nor our relentless pressure that on another day should have really ended in a Pukki hat trick. We also passed them off the park. I’m just pretty gobsmacked that the vast majority of Brentford’s fans on that site think that side are ‘oven ready’ for the Premier League. The thread for the ‘how many new signings do we need?’ Or something, I don’t think there’s even a single poster that thinks they need to add some quality to all departments! At least on here, you will get a few posters on the extremes either side, but most of us agree we need a little bit more than what we’ve got already, and to be fair we look to have made some shrewd signings already thus far. I hate to think what it’d be like on here if we’d only signed 2 players so far!

If anyone is coming up to the Premier League with that kind of solid defence that Sheff Utd had, last season showed it was us and not Brentford. So on that evidence, it’d be more likely us that will ‘do a Sheff Utd’ this time around - but we’ll see.

The Todd stuff is just ridiculous ha ha. If some of them really think Brentford are some sort of football behemoth that Todd would see as the next step up, then god help them! 😂

3 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

‘good competition for Sergi’ - made  me chortle ...!

Todd got 6 goals and 7 assists in 33 EFL games last season-13 goal involvements in 2633 minutes of play-or 1 every 200 minutes.

Canos got 9 goals and 9 assists in 49 EFL gasmes-18 goal involvements in 3126 minutes-or 1 every 170 minutes.

Obviously there is more to it than the stats, but there probably isn't much difference between them.

13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Todd got 6 goals and 7 assists in 33 EFL games last season-13 goal involvements in 2633 minutes of play-or 1 every 200 minutes.

Canos got 9 goals and 9 assists in 49 EFL gasmes-18 goal involvements in 3126 minutes-or 1 every 170 minutes.

Obviously there is more to it than the stats, but there probably isn't much difference between them.

The season before Todd scored 6 goals in the Premier League for a team that was struggling badly. Canos has only played a few minutes of Premier League football in his whole career. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Todd is significantly better than Sergi Canos.

• Like 1