Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Chelsea fans- Ask your questions here

8 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Have I ever told you about the time I kissed Gaye Advert backstage at West Runton Pavillion 🤔

Supporting the Damned, 1st July 1977...

I was at that gig Wingso. Love the Damned. 

'I cant stop to mess around, I got a brand New Rose in town'

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That song still sounds great now doesn’t it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

You kissed her “ backstage” ? 

Thats quite good for you FF. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nice one Corky.

It's up there in my top gigs ever 👍

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Nice one Corky.

It's up there in my top gigs ever 👍

I bought the first Damned album from a neighbour  whose mam wouldn't have it the house ( we were 15). 20 years later, I married that neighbour , we now have 2 children  and 3 grandchildren.

Saw the Damned several times, most recently in Leyton Buzzard c1999/2000 I think it was,  they  performed under a different name, some record company bullshoite they were getting round, but it was defo them and they could still knock it out. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I bought the first Damned album from a neighbour  whose mam wouldn't have it the house ( we were 15). 20 years later, I married that neighbour , we now have 2 children  and 3 grandchildren.

Saw the Damned several times, most recently in Leyton Buzzard c1999/2000 I think it was,  they  performed under a different name, some record company bullshoite they were getting round, but it was defo them and they could still knock it out. 

Most recently saw them in Hyde park in about 2018, played with the UK subs, SLF and someone else I can’t recall, it was an all day job with more modern headliners, Dave still has it 👍

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Most recently saw them in Hyde park in about 2018, played with the UK subs, SLF and someone else I can’t recall, it was an all day job with more modern headliners, Dave still has it 👍

He's a great front man and Sensible is, well, Sensible.

Saw them a few times in those early years and latterly at the Waterfront a few years ago.

I like the idea of the original line up, but not sure how much I'd be willing to pay or travel to see them these days.

10 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

He's a great front man and Sensible is, well, Sensible.

Saw them a few times in those early years and latterly at the Waterfront a few years ago.

I like the idea of the original line up, but not sure how much I'd be willing to pay or travel to see them these days.

Well Green Day we’re headlining along with the Hives so the older guys were just a big bonus 😉

• Like 1

Only saw them once, also at West Runton. Must have been 1980 ish ? the tour was just as the black album came out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

I was there, don’t think the Subs played but I wandered over to the other stage to watch The Stranglers play a great set. Only saw Green Day do one song then had to leave for a birthday party.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Only saw them once, also at West Runton. Must have been 1980 ish ? the tour was just as the black album came out 

Was that when the Captain played almost the whole set naked 🤔

20 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Was that when the Captain played almost the whole set naked 🤔

He had his guitar on ! 😁

Hmmm, this thread seems to have attracted many more Damned fans than Chelsea fans... wrong bait maybe?

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think they called themselves the Doomed for a while

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just checked, the black album was released on November 3rd, I saw them on 22nd