Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Canaries supporters panel minutes

Really good stuff, love how transparent they are in the minutes

interesting data on things like only 4000 ST holders manage to get to every game* ref. buyback. Detailed discussion on loo queries which although lavatorial and may seem petty, does make a difference to fans. Good insights into the barriers the Club faces on each issue that we wouldn’t otherwise know about.

I see it was an appropriate choice for the Chair of Vice, @Feedthewolf

*on a back-of-vape-cartridge  calculation, I make that around on average potentially 500 empty seats per PL game, or 370 per Champs game, just based on ST no-shows alone. (In the case where none of them were to use the buyback app or pass on their ticket.)

Edited by GenerationA47

official-supporters-panel-meeting-16.06.21---minutes-final-3.docx

Here are the minutes if anyone's interested in reading them in full. I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the scope and breadth of initiatives the club has been working on behind the scenes, especially around memberships and ticketing. I'm really looking forward to being part of the panel for the next two seasons, and being vice-chair to our good friend @Lessingham Canary. OTBC!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

@Feedthewolf & @Lessingham Canary

May I ask was the agenda set by the club, or did you have any opportunity to raise issues of your / fans own? 

It's a mixture of the two, although obviously on this occasion the BK8 situation was the number-one topic from both perspectives! Caroline has said that she wants the agenda to be fan-set as much as possible, but that also many departments around the club have expressed an interest in picking our brains on a variety of topics.

Any fan can approach any member of the panel with anything that's on their mind regarding the fan experience (ie. not to do with on-field matters, playing budget, transfers, tactics and the like). However, if a fan has a specific complaint about their fan experience then Caroline Ellis should be contacted directly about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a mixture of the two, although obviously on this occasion the BK8 situation was the number-one topic from both perspectives! Caroline has said that she wants the agenda to be fan-set as much as possible, but that also many departments around the club have expressed an interest in picking our brains on a variety of topics.

Any fan can approach any member of the panel with anything that's on their mind regarding the fan experience (ie. not to do with on-field matters, playing budget, transfers, tactics and the like). However, if a fan has a specific complaint about their fan experience then Caroline Ellis should be contacted directly about it.

Cheers Matt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

The panel send in topics for inclusion on the agenda, depending on volumes of requests for agenda items will have a bearing on how soon they get included, both myself and Matt (Feedthewolf) will be pushing to get as many relevant items included on each meeting agenda as possible. What didn't come across in the minutes is the feeling and depth of hurt felt by employees of the club generally over the BK8 saga, and also the desire of the club to be all inclusive to sections of supporters and society as a whole, needless to say this a long term culture change, and the meeting last week was the first official one for the panel. 

Any topics for inclusion at future meetings, can be sent to the following e-mail supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lessingham Canary said:

The panel send in topics for inclusion on the agenda, depending on volumes of requests for agenda items will have a bearing on how soon they get included, both myself and Matt (Feedthewolf) will be pushing to get as many relevant items included on each meeting agenda as possible. What didn't come across in the minutes is the feeling and depth of hurt felt by employees of the club generally over the BK8 saga, and also the desire of the club to be all inclusive to sections of supporters and society as a whole, needless to say this a long term culture change, and the meeting last week was the first official one for the panel. 

Any topics for inclusion at future meetings, can be sent to the following e-mail supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk 

Hi folks. Are you directly contactable through an email address or other means? Thanks.

22 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Hi folks. Are you directly contactable through an email address or other means? Thanks.

Hi Essex. We have discussed the possibility of a club email address for the supporters' panel, but we're not sure yet if it will happen. Feel free to DM me on here with any issues you'd like to raise (and obviously the same goes for any other posters).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Which part of 

don't you understand?

44 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hi Essex. We have discussed the possibility of a club email address for the supporters' panel, but we're not sure yet if it will happen. Feel free to DM me on here with any issues you'd like to raise (and obviously the same goes for any other posters).

Thanks. The Club has a number of other supporters groups whom it consults albeit there hasn't necessarily been regular 3 monthly meetings of those groups. How will the Supporters Panel activities dovetail with these other groups? As a shareholder my concern is the likes of the Canaries Trust and ADG. The former of which I am a member, the latter of which I ought to be a member though I am not.

21 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Very disappointed that the things that really matter to the fans were not discussed 

Email the club 

6 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Email the club 

It is 'together we stand' approaches that we need. Neither emails nor multiple fan groups without clear boundaries are likely to succeed either in terms of effectiveness for fans or efficiency for the Club.

What individual fans need to know is how to navigate the system to present their ideas or concerns. I would have expected that to be item number 1 on agenda number 1.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Did you say.................................................................Canaries Trust ? 

0D33F7CA-0A7F-491E-B934-73A81DE36614.jpeg

I thought we were the Popular Peoples Canaries Trust ? 

• Haha 2

It is 'together we stand' approaches that we need. Neither emails nor multiple fan groups without clear boundaries are likely to succeed either in terms of effectiveness for fans or efficiency for the Club.

What individual fans need to know is how to navigate the system to present their ideas or concerns. I would have expected that to be item number 1 on agenda number 1.

Sounds like you have already decided your view on this! 

Also, did you stand for election, if you have such views - it was open to everyone.  

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

@Essex Canary the system agreed for initial contact for individual fans to contact the supporters panel is via the e-mail address;  supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk or through any panel members you know personally, either way every suggestion / concern / topic will be considered and discussed, the role of the panel is to be a sounding board for the club, a bit of a conscience on matters that impact on supporters experience overall.

Its not to negate any communication channels of existing supporters groups that already exist. This is a panel that will meet regularly, to discuss many varying points, many will be boring to most. @Feedthewolf (Matt) and @ncfcstar James are panel members and both regular posters on here, i'm more of a casual onlooker these days, so between the three of us, we are happy to pick up on any supporters concerns / issues / topics and take them to the table where we can. OTBC

• Like 4

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

I am at a bit of a loss as to where you are trying to go with this. You are a shareholder so can get to your feet at an AGM and say whatever you want without having to give advance notice of what subject are wish to bring to the Clubs attention. You had access to the club via being an associate director but you chose to leave that group of 20 or so who had access to club officials.

Your concerns and/or ideas have had opportunities to be aired and now you appear to be having a pop at the OSP after just their very first meeting. As Greavsy said you could have applied for election.

Oh and as you also state you are a member of the Canaries Trust so i take it you have had no joy with them either ?

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am at a bit of a loss as to where you are trying to go with this. You are a shareholder so can get to your feet at an AGM and say whatever you want without having to give advance notice of what subject are wish to bring to the Clubs attention. You had access to the club via being an associate director but you chose to leave that group of 20 or so who had access to club officials.

Your concerns and/or ideas have had opportunities to be aired and now you appear to be having a pop at the OSP after just their very first meeting. As Greavsy said you could have applied for election.

Oh and as you also state you are a member of the Canaries Trust so i take it you have had no joy with them either ?

I am not aware that I have any issue with the Canaries Trust though their meeting of last week didn't take place albeit that the Supporters Panel one did. The Trust seemed to deal with such issues as Health & Safety in the past. It would therefore be interesting to know whether that is to continue or whether the Club will duplicate with the Supporters Panel?

The AGM doesn't exactly create a level playing field for all supporters given that there hasn't been a share issue for 20 years and therefore no opportunities for would be younger or newer supporters so the Club appears to go through the motions, none more so than last year with no direct interaction opportunities other than an initial question prepared in advance.

The ADG started out with all sorts of ideas concerning business advice to the Club. Now its meetings are very very sporadic, never get involved in such issues and won't even challenge on behalf of its own members. 

I would like to see the Away Membership fee scrapped as I am not aware of any other football club who levies such a charge on season ticket holders and the money raised is peanuts. The idea that whenever there is a popular match many supporters are distracted from their work by a spinning circle on a screen is also totally avoidable whilst other issues learned from the first 15 matches should be proactively reviewed.

The 2002 Share Offer stated that the Club would 'offer benefits to encourage share retention'. For many holders these have become time expired and the Club hasn't made any efforts to renew. My suggestion would be a season ticket credit of £1 per share with a minimum of £10. The cost would again be peanuts in relation to the amounts spent on bond promotion bonuses and at a guess, abortive costs in relation to BK8.

I am not aware that I have any issue with the Canaries Trust though their meeting of last week didn't take place albeit that the Supporters Panel one did. The Trust seemed to deal with such issues as Health & Safety in the past. It would therefore be interesting to know whether that is to continue or whether the Club will duplicate with the Supporters Panel?

The AGM doesn't exactly create a level playing field for all supporters given that there hasn't been a share issue for 20 years and therefore no opportunities for would be younger or newer supporters so the Club appears to go through the motions, none more so than last year with no direct interaction opportunities other than an initial question prepared in advance.

The ADG started out with all sorts of ideas concerning business advice to the Club. Now its meetings are very very sporadic, never get involved in such issues and won't even challenge on behalf of its own members. 

I would like to see the Away Membership fee scrapped as I am not aware of any other football club who levies such a charge on season ticket holders and the money raised is peanuts. The idea that whenever there is a popular match many supporters are distracted from their work by a spinning circle on a screen is also totally avoidable whilst other issues learned from the first 15 matches should be proactively reviewed.

The 2002 Share Offer stated that the Club would 'offer benefits to encourage share retention'. For many holders these have become time expired and the Club hasn't made any efforts to renew. My suggestion would be a season ticket credit of £1 per share with a minimum of £10. The cost would again be peanuts in relation to the amounts spent on bond promotion bonuses and at a guess, abortive costs in relation to BK8.

Blimey i get accused of being a Negative Nancy when it comes to certain aspects of Norwich City but i am really struggling to find any positives in this post about what the club and supporters groups get up to and oh Arsenal currently charge £25 for their Away Membership Scheme. I only started with the first letter of the alphabet and looked no futher i must confess.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Re read the notes not a mention of the scampi portion at the Gunn club anywhere - disappointing 

Perhaps now Gunn Junior is back in the house they will be offering Fish Fingers also?  

Interesting to note that this meeting was held on the very same evening that the Canaries Trust meeting was cancelled at short notice.

At a guess more supporters would have attended the latter and anybody is entitled to attend for the small annual fee.  Given the Clubs policy of inclusiveness why didn't it give priority to the Trust?

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Interesting to note that this meeting was held on the very same evening that the Canaries Trust meeting was cancelled at short notice.

At a guess more supporters would have attended the latter and anybody is entitled to attend for the small annual fee.  Given the Clubs policy of inclusiveness why didn't it give priority to the Trust?

Here's that email address if you'd like to ask all these questions directly to the club:

supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk

I'm sure that any concerns will be replied to by the club itself, which will be able to give you a lot more accurate a response than talking to the members of a committee who have only spent about two hours in each other's company.

I bet I know the question that Ethics Canary really wants to ask.  It will contain the phrases 'for life'  and 'forever'.

On 23/06/2021 at 08:53, GenerationA47 said:

Really good stuff, love how transparent they are in the minutes

interesting data on things like only 4000 ST holders manage to get to every game* ref. buyback. Detailed discussion on loo queries which although lavatorial and may seem petty, does make a difference to fans. Good insights into the barriers the Club faces on each issue that we wouldn’t otherwise know about.

I see it was an appropriate choice for the Chair of Vice, @Feedthewolf

*on a back-of-vape-cartridge  calculation, I make that around on average potentially 500 empty seats per PL game, or 370 per Champs game, just based on ST no-shows alone. (In the case where none of them were to use the buyback app or pass on their ticket.)

• Like 1

Must say the toilets in the upper Barclay are poor at best obviously when built toilets were the last thing on the architects mind , on buy back I’ve done this twice and never got a penny , bearing in mind the club will only sell yours when the seats the club have have to be sold out , then they will sell yours mine is a cracker 

15 hours ago, essex canary said:

I am pretty sure that it was the Trust who cancelled their own meeting and not the club once they were made aware of the situation with regard to Ben Kensell. There were other guests advertised as being in attendance including i believe Jerry Goss.

Finally the OSP meeting and the Trust meeting were not on the same night.

Just took literally a minute to find that the Trust meeting was scheduled for 16th and the OSP meeting took place on the next night 17th.