Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Vote for your official Norwich City supporter panel members

Thanks all, and thanks to everyone who voted.  Looking forward to the first meeting, and of course the fun times that are bound to be had on here now 👀

• Like 3

Well done to all those selected. Good to see that the 3 ladies have been selected as that does create a better gender balance.

Disappointed to see that the Club has retained the away member charge expecially in relation to season ticket holders. This is exactly the kind of issue upon which they should seek the SPs approval or hopefully non-approval.

35 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Well done to all those selected. Good to see that the 3 ladies have been selected as that does create a better gender balance.

Disappointed to see that the Club has retained the away member charge expecially in relation to season ticket holders. This is exactly the kind of issue upon which they should seek the SPs approval or hopefully non-approval.

It's a business, they need to make money. 

Agreed it was badly handled before, got tweeked which people generally accepted but never got the chance to be applied in the revised format due to covid, so why would they change it?? 

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

It's a business, they need to make money. 

Agreed it was badly handled before, got tweeked which people generally accepted but never got the chance to be applied in the revised format due to covid, so why would they change it?? 

It will raise the princely sum of around £200,000 of a budget of £125,000,000. A reasonable levy on loyal supporters in the circumstances? Why no levy on the much touted foreign legion?

I am delighted for the posters here who got elected but a look at my Cayman Islands accounts shows that so far none of their promised  'acknowledgements of assistance' have been paid in. I hardly need to remind these 'winners' that persuading Norwich City to use Dominion voting machines in the first place and then hacking into them did not come cheap...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well done to you guys from here who were successful and look forward to your feedback.

The message board is represented, what can possibly go wrong? 😜😉

Well done all those who’ve been successful 👍

• Like 1

Well done those who have been elected! 🥳

22 hours ago, essex canary said:

It will raise the princely sum of around £200,000 of a budget of £125,000,000. A reasonable levy on loyal supporters in the circumstances? Why no levy on the much touted foreign legion?

Some further credit to the Club is that they ARE charging International members to demonstrate their loyalty though no price quoted. What would be a fair price given that they don't face the range of charges we home based fans face to anything like the same degree? How about £100?

On 13/05/2021 at 11:14, Felixfan said:

Thanks Greavsy.

As an ex member of the S.C.G that some considered elitist I wondered if it would be a good idea to have a dedicated spot for supporters to highlight any issues/concerns that the new group could take forward at their meetings.

Happy to report that the first meeting took place last night and was very enjoyable. It was lovely to meet Gordon @Lessingham Canary and James @ncfcstar in person, and everyone in the group seemed really positive and engaged. It was very much a light introductory session, just setting boundaries and responsibilities rather than actually discussing any 'live' matters.

In terms of how it will work in practice, we will be electing a Chair and Vice-Chair via email vote this week. Once those two have been installed, they will be in charge of collating the views of all committee members (who will all engage with the fans they have contact with, and suggest agenda items). There will be a way for fans to contact the Chair and Vice-Chair directly, but Caroline (the Supporter Services Manager) was very keen to stress that if any fans are particularly annoyed about something or wish to complain, it's her job to engage with them individually so we should 'pass them up the chain', as it were.

The club will sometimes lead the agenda where there are specific ideas they need to discuss with us, but they stressed that they wanted the meetings to be as fan-led as possible. Minutes of every meeting will be published on the club's website, and Caroline said that she was more than happy for me to post on here about the meetings. Naturally there will be some topics that we have to keep confidential, but whatever I'm permitted to share, I will.

• Like 3

Great to meet you Matt!

I'd reiterate what has been posted, the club are extremely keen to engage with us as fans and for us to set the agenda for where these meetings go, so please get in touch with us if there is anything STRICTLY NON-FOOTBALLING(!!!) that you'd like us to bring up (within reason of course, we can't help with the person who is moaning at the boys to 'get it forward' after 5 minutes).

I'm sure there will also be opportunities for us to engage with fans in more formal settings too across the season and beyond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Happy to report that the first meeting took place last night and was very enjoyable. It was lovely to meet Gordon @Lessingham Canary and James @ncfcstar in person, and everyone in the group seemed really positive and engaged. It was very much a light introductory session, just setting boundaries and responsibilities rather than actually discussing any 'live' matters.

In terms of how it will work in practice, we will be electing a Chair and Vice-Chair via email vote this week. Once those two have been installed, they will be in charge of collating the views of all committee members (who will all engage with the fans they have contact with, and suggest agenda items). There will be a way for fans to contact the Chair and Vice-Chair directly, but Caroline (the Supporter Services Manager) was very keen to stress that if any fans are particularly annoyed about something or wish to complain, it's her job to engage with them individually so we should 'pass them up the chain', as it were.

The club will sometimes lead the agenda where there are specific ideas they need to discuss with us, but they stressed that they wanted the meetings to be as fan-led as possible. Minutes of every meeting will be published on the club's website, and Caroline said that she was more than happy for me to post on here about the meetings. Naturally there will be some topics that we have to keep confidential, but whatever I'm permitted to share, I will.

Hi All

As a less frequent poster on here than Matt and James (2 great guys i met for the first time last night) i echo everything they have said above, so feel free to burden those 2 bright young individuals with scampi campaigns, and any booking requests for St Andrews Hall.

One thing i would say, is the club seem very focused on the "whole fan engagement" process and there was evidence last night in a short space of time that there will be action as well as words. As always time will tell if they can please the majority of the people the majority of the time, but for a first meeting i am very optimistic that the club is "on the ball".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Hi All

As a less frequent poster on here than Matt and James (2 great guys i met for the first time last night) i echo everything they have said above, so feel free to burden those 2 bright young individuals with scampi campaigns, and any booking requests for St Andrews Hall.

One thing i would say, is the club seem very focused on the "whole fan engagement" process and there was evidence last night in a short space of time that there will be action as well as words. As always time will tell if they can please the majority of the people the majority of the time, but for a first meeting i am very optimistic that the club is "on the ball".

Lessingham, I am gratified to see you have a much-improved version of the badge as your avatar thingy. I trust this means you regard replacing the load of tosh we have at the moment as your number one priority, to the exclusion of what by comparison are trifling issues such as  seating, tickets, catering and the whole 'fan experience' nonsense.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Lessingham, I am gratified to see you have a much-improved version of the badge as your avatar thingy. I trust this means you regard replacing the load of tosh we have at the moment as your number one priority, to the exclusion of what by comparison are trifling issues such as  seating, tickets, catering and the whole 'fan experience' nonsense.

May I suggest changing your allegiance to Hitchin Town? 😉

E0JM0CeXsAo2uwn.thumb.jpg.63123eea079d6b6280facebe4038758a.jpg

cropped-HTFC-SiteIcon.webp

• Haha 2

Further to my earlier text I still think a dedicated spot would be a good idea if this could be arranged. In that way we could all see areas of concern and maybe add comments/value before the group takes the items to the club forum.

Good to know the first meeting has taken place. It would be interesting to know how the Panel will inter relate with other fan groups such as the Canaries Trust? Hopefully it will be seen as the top of the fan consultation chain given that it has been elected?