Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Vote for your official Norwich City supporter panel members

2 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

If you could do me a huge favour and vote for me, James Brighton, I'd really appreciate it.

I'd like to think I've been around here long enough for a few of you to know that I'd take this very seriously, and I'm always willing to listen to all your views and bring those to the table.

4 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

If you could do me a huge favour and vote for me, James Brighton, I'd really appreciate it.

I'd like to think I've been around here long enough for a few of you to know that I'd take this very seriously, and I'm always willing to listen to all your views and bring those to the table.

Happy to vote for you, James. I'm also up for the vote, too - I'm Matt Colley.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Happy to vote for you, James. I'm also up for the vote, too - I'm Matt Colley.

Thanks, good luck mate.  I'll spread the word.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

How many votes do we get?

Depends how many away stubs you've got.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Voted for you too.

Any other Pinkun forum nominees, make yourself known!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

How many votes do we get?  Looks like we can vote for everyone....

Looks like you can vote for everyone, which seems a bit pointless.

8 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

The PinkUn forum is taking back control of the club...

Is it too late to nominate the Pink un Forum for a Fan of the Season?! 

you never know, @Pete Raven you may get a free limited edition shirt from the club!

Edited by Greavsy

I'm on the list as well,  more a watcher on here these days, but if you can vote for me, Gordon Anderson it would be appreciated, i think everyone listed has entered for the right reasons, we all care for our club and care for fellow fans and all want to help make a difference if we can. OTBC

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Perhaps being picky, but I can’t see how many positions this is for, either?  Or do they not yet know?  

I think it's 15.

It would have been helpful if the club included a brief summary of what the panel is being formed to do, given I must have missed this when the applications opened. How do I know what skills these applicants are offering as useful for the panel are actually useful without knowing what the panel is going to be doing?

1 hour ago, Pete Raven said:

Looks like you can vote for everyone, which seems a bit pointless.

T&C's (link above) states 

Supporters can submit a maximum of one (1) nomination per person (if any more are submitted, only the first entry received by the Club will be taken into consideration).

So be aware if you are trying to vote more than once! 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It would have been helpful if the club included a brief summary of what the panel is being formed to do, given I must have missed this when the applications opened. How do I know what skills these applicants are offering as useful for the panel are actually useful without knowing what the panel is going to be doing?

The club provided a Zoom meeting to go through the process and explain the rationale 

Just now, Greavsy said:

The club provided a Zoom meeting to go through the process and explain the rationale 

And? I'm now being asked to vote among a group of people for a position I know nothing about. The club should link to an article explaining what this position is before asking people to vote for something. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

They have, and ive posted the terms of reference here for you too. 

https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/ospterms.pdf

Thanks for that, I'll give it a good read. But again, you are missing my point. If I'm asked to vote for someone for a role, there should be information much more readily available than what is presented on the page.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Thanks for that, I'll give it a good read. But again, you are missing my point. If I'm asked to vote for someone for a role, there should be information much more readily available than what is presented on the page.

The club ran an open meeting whilst I cannot remember the numbers, it was well attended -so lots of people got to hear about it (including myself) and lots of other posters on here. From that meeting some people have decided to stand, and others not. 

Its not the clubs fault that you didnt attend that meeting. It has been discussed on here before. 

Also that link ive posted is two clicks from the voting page, its not really hidden away. 

There was also a thread on here about it 

Edited by Greavsy

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

T&C's (link above) states 

Supporters can submit a maximum of one (1) nomination per person (if any more are submitted, only the first entry received by the Club will be taken into consideration).

So be aware if you are trying to vote more than once! 

it’s a good idea, but given we don’t actually really know anyone, it does seem a bit of a ‘blind’ pick.  Obviously the guys in the pinkun are a ‘given’...😉,

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

it’s a good idea, but given we don’t actually really know anyone, it does seem a bit of a ‘blind’ pick.  Obviously the guys in the pinkun are a ‘given’...😉,

Isn't that much the same for any vote? The candidates make a statement declaring their reasons for standing and a little info about themselves. You vote based on that as you see fit.  

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is a bit odd, I mean the vast majority of people are either going to just vote for their mates or vote for everyone. I'd have thought that the club might have been able to select the panel itself to ensure appropriate representation in terms of diversity and inclusion.

If I am elected, who would like me to query the veracity of the election process? All those in favour... 🙂

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Haha 1

No, not really - in politics, for example, you know the party they are in so (generally) what they stand for. (Replying to Greavsy).

Maybe I am just reading a bit too much into it - if we all support NCFC that’s the main thing....though we do need to know people’s views on building a new stand/ground?!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

It is a bit odd, I mean the vast majority of people are either going to just vote for their mates or vote for everyone. I'd have thought that the club itself might have been able to select the panel itself to ensure appropriate representation in terms of diversity and inclusion.

If I am elected, who would like me to query the veracity of the election process? All those in favour... 🙂

Here Here! 

And also the donation of limited edition shirts to local media representatives. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Here Here! 

And also the donation of limited edition shirts to local media representatives. 

Not touching that.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, not really - in politics, for example, you know the party they are in so (generally) what they stand for.

So you always vote for a particular party, irrespective of the current situation. For example im sure the recent pandemic has focused peoples minds one way or the other on the Tory party. 

Local elections have a different outlook too.