TeemuVanBasten

Should we sign a free agent?

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Maybe they alienated themselves by word or deed. Doesnt have to be DFs fault you know. 

Drmic has publicly come out and said he wanted to play. Farke has quoted him as being a good guy today and stated they just wanted to bring new blood in.

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

His first season was awful

His first season built the foundations for the title winning season? But I'm sure that doesn't need explaining.

• Like 2

His first season was awful

But laid  down a marker as to what was expected the following one. It worked  , no reason that a capable  manager should have to put up with any shoite from players, he's  the boss, hes doin ok, support him. 

Just now, hogesar said:

His first season built the foundations for the title winning season? But I'm sure that doesn't need explaining.

Oh that’s ok then. Worked three years ago. Can this method play up front if Pukki gets injured (heaven forbid) tomorrow night?

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

But laid  down a marker as to what was expected the following one. It worked  , no reason that a capable  manager should have to put up with any shoite from players, he's  the boss, hes doin ok, support him. 

I am supporting him, I just don’t like the alienating method whilst the club continues to pay their wages and we need cover in that position. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Drmic has publicly come out and said he wanted to play. Farke has quoted him as being a good guy today and stated they just wanted to bring new blood in.

So? Still doesnt make it his fault, drmic is not in his plans , hes the boss ,his plan  he is doing ok, support him. 

So? Still doesnt make it his fault, drmic is not in his plans , hes the boss ,his plan  he is doing ok, support him. 

You’re missing my point. What’s the plan if Pukki gets injured? 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I am supporting him, I just don’t like the alienating method whilst the club continues to pay their wages and we need cover in that position. 

Fair enough. DF is hardly gonna call Drmic an arrogant to$$er if we are trying to unload  him is he? That's how it works  " he's  a good lad, but were going with ( cheaper)youth".

Fair enough. DF is hardly gonna call Drmic an arrogant to$$er if we are trying to unload  him is he? That's how it works  " he's  a good lad, but were going with ( cheaper)youth".

I understand that. Isn’t the youth lad injured too?

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Oh that’s ok then. Worked three years ago. Can this method play up front if Pukki gets injured (heaven forbid) tomorrow night?

It wasn't even three years ago. 

I imagine Farke has already decided he would rather integrate a young player into the side. That's why he didn't want Leitner and Drmic to continue playing for the u23s after all.

Again, he has form for being spot on in regards to both of these. Unlike me...or you.

You’re missing my point. What’s the plan if Pukki gets injured? 

Not Drmic.

Ok, I dont have an answer for that, but we wont, untill it happens. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It wasn't even three years ago. 

I imagine Farke has already decided he would rather integrate a young player into the side. That's why he didn't want Leitner and Drmic to continue playing for the u23s after all.

Again, he has form for being spot on in regards to both of these. Unlike me...or you.

We will never know who is right. I just gave an opinion and got talked at (as usual).

I think Drmic has goals at this level. Also, don’t think he is as bad a player as people make him out to be. Shame we will never know. 

Leitner is a bad egg, could tell that after his petulant moan against preston in the cup. 

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not Drmic.

Ok, I dont have an answer for that, but we wont, untill it happens. 

Farke relied on a plan b striker in the last champs season (Rhodes). We need Pukki firing on all cylinders now. Would be nice to have that option for the run of games coming up.

We will never know who is right. I just gave an opinion and got talked at (as usual).

I think Drmic has goals at this level. Also, don’t think he is as bad a player as people make him out to be. Shame we will never know. 

Leitner is a bad egg, could tell that after his petulant moan against preston in the cup. 

Mate I'd personally play Drmic. Even last season I thought he could offer us something at this level. I'm not saying Farke is right, I'm just saying he has been previously and at the moment with how he has performed in this league with us, I'm happy to let him crack on!

Farke relied on a plan b striker in the last champs season (Rhodes). We need Pukki firing on all cylinders now. Would be nice to have that option for the run of games coming up.

I dont think anyone is disagreeing with that point. What's clear is that no one could foresee both our named back up strikers being injured, during games, in the same period. Christ, if we'd  named four strikers in the squad there'd have been uproar that we were wasting a squad place. I'm not fretting, theyll sort something.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Mate I'd personally play Drmic. Even last season I thought he could offer us something at this level. I'm not saying Farke is right, I'm just saying he has been previously and at the moment with how he has performed in this league with us, I'm happy to let him crack on!

I am concerned that this one could bite him. Pukki is liable to an injury these days and Drmic is a fantastic backup. 
intergrate him in to U23 training and see how he reacts. I’m generally concerned, but trust Farke. I just don’t like this method.

Another problem with it is, it could harness a transfer in the future, due to players/agents talking. But we are very light in that department being the main worry (of course)

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I dont think anyone is disagreeing with that point. What's clear is that no one could foresee both our named back up strikers being injured, during games, in the same period. Christ, if we'd  named four strikers in the squad there'd have been uproar that we were wasting a squad place. I'm not fretting, theyll sort something.

I don’t think four strikers is too many. I think they wanted to push Idah on (rightly so). But he is out for months now and Wont be sharp when he is back.

One long term injury of three strikers is a worry. Especially if Pukki didn’t find form (never in doubt though).

Fabio borinni, Andre green, Mendez Laing or Ahmed Musa. A couple of them on 6 month contracts? 

Noticed Simeon Jackson on there too, wonder if he could still run the channels at 33! 

9 minutes ago, Big O said:

Fabio borinni, Andre green, Mendez Laing or Ahmed Musa. A couple of them on 6 month contracts? 

It’s not Championship Manager. Have faith in the recruitment team. It’s not a reactive department

28 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

It’s not Championship Manager. Have faith in the recruitment team. It’s not a reactive department

In the case of a horrific injury crisis, it certainly could/should be a reactive department.

Not sure we're quite there yet, though. But if anything happens to Pukki..

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

In the case of a horrific injury crisis, it certainly could/should be a reactive department.

Not sure we're quite there yet, though. But if anything happens to Pukki..

Let’s Stay positive 😊

I don't think we should be signing up a free agent and would prefer to go with what we have got until January. Then we push the boat out and strengthen the squad especially if we're still top 2.

1 hour ago, Big O said:

As a complete aside, does anyone know why he was sacked by Cardiff? I remember having a trawl around the interweb at the time and finding a few rumours, but nothing has ever been made public. It must've been something pretty severe.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Maybe he'll bring Pochettino too. 

He is too old to play. And we don't need a new manager. Miracle worker maybe.

1 hour ago, YellowSubmarine said:

I have a lot of faith in the recruitment team, just working on the basis that if Hudgil is out for longer and Pukki picked up a knock we may need to take extreme measures. I am also concerned that even if Pukki doesn’t pick up a knock, 10 games in 6 weeks is going to burn him out. I was therefore looking at the list to see who may constitute a potential desperate option. Hopefully Hudgil is fine and we get through but if he is injured for longer, what would you do on the basis that Pukki won’t be fit enough to start all 10 games

a) bring back Drmic

b) go with one of the U23’s 

c) go for something like Placheta or stipermann upfront; or

d) go for one of the free agents available (not necessarily my list of course).

Edited by Big O
Typo