A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

BREAKINGWhips are still in post

The chief whip and deputy chief whip remain in post, the BBC's Chris Mason reports.

This follows reports that they were no longer in their jobs, after confusion during this evening's fracking vote.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

BREAKINGWhips are still in post

The chief whip and deputy chief whip remain in post, the BBC's Chris Mason reports.

This follows reports that they were no longer in their jobs, after confusion during this evening's fracking vote.

Reminds me of that Katy Perry song! 

Labour are now being blamed for tonight’s chaos. They are being accused by the Tories of trying to destabilise the country.

I am really fed up with trying to tell them now, Trumpism doesn’t work anymore, those days are gone. Nobody believes these things anymore ( even if they are sometimes true ). The more they are trying to mislead the bigger the hole they are digging.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Reminds me of that Katy Perry song! 

Reminds me of Monty Python. I don’t think they even managed people laughing at them to this extent.

• Like 1

This is a government best described by quantum mechanics. The whips are both resigned and not resigned, the PM like Schrodinger's cat is both dead and alive depending how and when we look. The governemt may or may not be present.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And it all begun with a few rolls of wallpaper, that of course with a bit of Trumpism many told us it didn’t matter as it was all other peoples fault.

• Like 1

Gosh I assume as the evidence was given to a select committee this is factual. I don’t know about resignations, if you acted like this as a company director you would not just be sacked you would be locked up. I guess if Kwasi did not tell Liz this info that’s why he got the sack, if he did give her the info that he hadn’t spoken to the BOE, then she really should be arrested immediately.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63319567

13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I wouldn’t perhaps have.put it quite like that…😎

But I would say the chances of Truss being forced out very quickly have shortened.

Based on the Mail's splash this morning, with now a Cabinet ally turning against her, I don't think she is going to last the week, and perhaps not even today...🤓

"A shambles and a disgrace"

"Shambles" is an old word for slaughterhouse - animals sh*tt*ing themselves in terror as they're manhandled through the gates - oppressive heat, noise and sickening stench - brains splattered against the walls - innards, severed private parts and bodily fluids covering the floor - everyone slipping and sliding in the hellish mess.

Just like the HofC last night in fact.

Edited by benchwarmer

On 23/09/2022 at 12:54, Rock The Boat said:

Well what a sense of deja Vue we have today. This is exactly like the tax cutting budgets of the early Thatcher years and the response from the commentariat was exactly the same back then as it is today. Us old uns have been here before. The early eighties did bring a difficult couple of years to turn around a dead in the water economy and we may expect the same for today. So enjoy the next twelve months Lefties because if Truss can reshape the economy the way Thatcher did, the boom times lay in store. Of course, not everyone will will. If you want to carry on in part time work and spend the rest of your days smoking weed and watching Netflix then you're going to miss out on a dynamic economy. But anyone with a bit of savvy is going to do well. 

Truss will face the same howls of rage that Thatcher faced but if she stands strong we can get through this. The alternative is Labour misery. 

F*** we are in the s*** now Labours policies are being used.

On 08/10/2022 at 07:41, SwindonCanary said:

Do you think LABOUR will do any better ?

Maybe, maybe not but at least they will do it with dignity and honour, and talk to The BOE, The OBR, each other etc. 

• Haha 1

On 26/09/2022 at 15:44, Rock The Boat said:

Black Wednesday occurred because we were foolishly shadowing the Deutschmark and as you know you can't make the markets do what they don't want to do. 

Fortunately, this time we are unencumbered by such a straight jacket and we can let the markets to their thing while the government focuses on the fundamentals. 

That went well ?

Trumpism is no longer believed by the majority of U.K. citizens.

13 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think Labour will be dining out on Truss for many decades to come. It's one of those once in a century events. Her name will enter the lexicon as slang for incompetence.....

(Oddly she'll overshadow Johnson as the worst ever PM which will probably disappoint him in the record books 🤔)

Oh FFS, don't give him ideas. He might come back and finish the job. 😉

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Oh FFS, don't give him ideas. He might come back and finish the job. 😉

I think its quite likely that Privileges committee will do for Johnson - ten day suspension and then an almost certain recall petition and by election.

I guess that would be the equivalent of Holy water and wooden stakes, silver tipped for the Tory party. Seems like a route they are certain to follow if they ask the members 😉

Isn't Truss Murphy's (as in Murphy's law) twin sister ?

Edited by Yellow Fever

13 hours ago, Indy said:

What really does my head is Boris was so pro EU, till he saw an opportunity to head up the political ladder, he didn’t believe in Brexit but used it to his own gain, Liz is no better, she’s proven over and over that all she’s ever wanted is to mimic Thatcher, well unfortunately Thatcher love or hate her was a clever leader.

I utterly hate them for their selfishness and not doing the job for the country. It’s not only damaged our economy but put us so far back that it’ll take years to get back on an even keel! Our businesses are suffering and our pound is plunging, there’s potential for EU to put tariffs on incoming goods and were all supposed to be happy with this lot of dross. They’ve seriously screwed the country for years to come!

Spot on. Thatcher was probably the last visionary PM we had as opposed to managerial types, but I would argue that whilst she had a vision of a British society that she wanted to see, her reforms created the opposite. Think Andrew Marr essentially said the same in his History of Modern Britain.

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

"A shambles and a disgrace"

"Shambles" is an old word for slaughterhouse - animals sh*tt*ing themselves in terror as they're manhandled through the gates - oppressive heat, noise and sickening stench - brains splattered against the walls - innards, severed private parts and bodily fluids covering the floor - everyone slipping and sliding in the hellish mess.

Just like the HofC last night in fact.

I really should eat less meat 😮🤮

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wouldn't trust Liz Truss to run a pub.

You were cheering for her not that long ago. 

Spoke a former Tory MP this morning who now works as a lobbyist in Westminster for the agricultural sector.

He said that there is a general sense that the Tory's could see a wipe out of Lib Dem circa-2015 proportions, when they went from 57 seats to 8 seats.

There is genuine fear, expectation even, that the Tory's will win fewer than 100 seats in the next general election and then never fully recover.

Whether this is a good or bad thing is subjective, I'm a floating voter and have even voted Labour in a GE before, in fact I've collected all three, blue, red and orange, but I don't like the idea of any government operating without strong opposition, I hope that we'll at least see the Lib Dems recover to 30+ seats so that they have more scope to hold the government of the day to account (government of the decade even, lets face it, its Labours decade now).

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Changed my mind long before us mere then-members were permitted to vote.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wouldn't trust Liz Truss to run a pub.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

GIve TVB credit for losing/changing his faith.

It a very difficult thing to do for most - it take some intellect and an open mind to overcome ones natural bias. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Spoke a former Tory MP this morning who now works as a lobbyist in Westminster for the agricultural sector.

He said that there is a general sense that the Tory's could see a wipe out of Lib Dem circa-2015 proportions, when they went from 57 seats to 8 seats.

There is genuine fear, expectation even, that the Tory's will win fewer than 100 seats in the next general election and then never fully recover.

Whether this is a good or bad thing is subjective, I don't like the idea of any government operating without strong opposition, I hope that we'll at least see the Lib Dems recover to 30+ seats so that they have more scope to hold the government of the day to account (government of the decade even, lets face it, its Labours decade now).

Yes - the thought / irony as the SNP being HM Official Opposition is real!