Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Denis Man

Scored a hatrick in a thrilling 6-6 Europa league qualifying match.

Not sure of the standard but his goals in these (ropey) highlights are really well taken.

I know the figure we were previously quoted for him was mad...but I wonder if we sold Emi or Todd before window closed we might go back and try again for him.

If both Todd and Cantwell are sold then maybe he'd be an option Norwich would consider again. If just one of them leave I suspect the club will feel they already have enough in the squad to not need a replacement.

Placheta does seem to be Norwich's alternative target to Man so I suspect the ship on him coming to Norwich has long since sailed.

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If both Todd and Cantwell are sold then maybe he'd be an option Norwich would consider again. If just one of them leave I suspect the club will feel they already have enough in the squad to not need a replacement.

Placheta does seem to be Norwich's alternative target to Man so I suspect the ship on him coming to Norwich has long since sailed.

I also get the sense Webber would rather cut his own arm off than deal with their owner again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Has he got a split personality? 😁

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Of we could sell him twice that would be a masterstroke....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Agree owner is an absolute menace, and the squad is looking too big unless 2 more go. 

But I do like the look of Denis Man. Seems to have the physicality and directness that would suit English football. 

If Emi goes and we don’t replace his creativity that is either asking a lot of Todd / Dowell or we need to change the way we played last time in Champs. 

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Hey, if we can sell one player twice... that would solve a fair few financial issues! 😉 

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

If that were possible I suspect that Derby would have tried it and included it in their accounts for FFP.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Wouldn't stop the moaning

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Hey, if we can sell one player twice... that would solve a fair few financial issues! 😉 

Sell Todd to Brighton and Cantwell to Hove? 

• Haha 1

Clearly a talented player, but let's not forget what league he's playing in, and much like Sinani, there is a vast gap in quality between his league and the Champs, never mind the PL.

We've seen players from stronger leagues fail when they move to the UK, so whilst I agree he'd had been a potentially very good acquisition, there are still plenty of question marks there, and the price they wanted was insane for his limited experience in a pretty weak league.

• Like 2