Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

Roger, we have a problem

I guess my question is. Is what he’s done an actual crime? If not why is it under the crime pages on the EDP. If not guilted id call a solicitor and write archant a letter prompto 

It was not done as a bit of fun. Its clearly targeted and deliberately malicious.

You may think its banter,, or just a laugh but many of the people it was aimed at have had continuous abuse for months and years. 

Many have mental struggles, depression, some have even been close to killing themselves only to be called attention seeking.

Anyone who thinks it is funny or harmless knowing that, is a ****. Those who started it, knew and didnt care. Anyone still defending them is a ****.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Anyone else read this entire thread and the EDP article still have no f*cking clue what has happened? 

A brief summary.

Someone on twitter started a poll called 'NCFC World Cup of C*** Fans' where others were encouraged to vote in a knock out style competition which fan they thought was the bigger ****. 

Some of the nominees found this funny and played along. Some (understandably) didn't take kindly to a bunch of strangers calling them a **** over the internet. A couple of the nominees in particular have been quite public about their struggles with mental health issues and found the whole experience quite upsetting.

As per usual the 'banter defence' came out ('it was just a joke, why are you taking it so seriously?') but it didn't seem to cut the mustard. Some have now reported the account owner to the police and the club for targeted harassment. 

All a bit silly but it spiraled quite a bit from where it began.

As for who Roger Green is, I have no idea (sorry Roger!) and I'm not sure why the OP would choose to post it with this title, unless RG is some well known figure I've just missed.

Hope this helps.

The original account was shut down pretty pronto but then "competition" was continued by Joe Green's account, which has also now vanished.

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

A brief summary.

Someone on twitter started a poll called 'NCFC World Cup of C*** Fans' where others were encouraged to vote in a knock out style competition which fan they thought was the bigger ****. 

Some of the nominees found this funny and played along. Some (understandably) didn't take kindly to a bunch of strangers calling them a **** over the internet. A couple of the nominees in particular have been quite public about their struggles with mental health issues and found the whole experience quite upsetting.

As per usual the 'banter defence' came out ('it was just a joke, why are you taking it so seriously?') but it didn't seem to cut the mustard. Some have now reported the account owner to the police and the club for targeted harassment. 

As for who Roger Green is, I have no idea (sorry Roger!) and I'm not sure why the OP would choose to post it with this title, unless RG is some well known figure I've just missed.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that. 

Yeah seems a bit odd to use his dad's name, I'm pretty sure if he said "morph suit guy" more people would have known who he was talking about. 

Morph suit guy was annoying. Funny for like 3 games, then everybody got fed up with having to see the outline of his small penis every week. 

Looks like Roger Green is denying that it was his son though, and at the same time his son has pretty much confirmed to Archant that it was him.... Not reading from the same script. 

Joe Green just seems to be an attention seeking idiot, but we already knew that when he was morph suit guy. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Thanks for that. 

Yeah seems a bit odd to use his dad's name, I'm pretty sure if he said "morph suit guy" more people would have known who he was talking about. 

Morph suit guy was annoying. Funny for like 3 games, then everybody got fed up with having to see the outline of his small penis every week. 

Looks like Roger Green is denying that it was his son though, and at the same time his son has pretty much confirmed to Archant that it was him.... Not reading from the same script. 

Joe Green just seems to be an attention seeking idiot, but we already knew that when he was morph suit guy. 

I feel glad I don't really know who 'morph suit guy' is.

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Anyone else read this entire thread and the EDP article still have no f*cking clue what has happened? 

Count me in on that statement. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

A brief summary.

Hope this helps.

It’s ok..I’m not sure even I know who I am!

quite why the posts starts with my name is a mystery ! 

8 hours ago, king canary said:

I feel glad I don't really know who 'morph suit guy' is.

A guy started wearing a green morph suit to games (this is morph suit guy)

A few other people started wearing morph suits to games

It was amusing for a while, then got boring.

Original morph suit guy (who I now know to be Roger Green's son, the subject of this thread) got battered away at Nottingham Forest.

Original morph suit guy did a series of 'sad face' national and local newspaper appearances where he said getting battered by Forest fans wouldn't stop him from dressing up as a morph.

It did however seem to see the end of the morph suits.

Although they were well out of order, Forest fans did us a favour really otherwise morph suit guy would have hung around like a bad smell for decades like the canary fairy. 

He was also known as 'Norwich lycra boy', which was the title used by the Metro.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/lycra-clad-canary-fan-assaulted-by-rival-fans-1-616982

I personally think that people who wear morph suits should be made to sign the creepy guy register for life, its practically indecent exposure, here he is... morph suit guy. I'd definitely vote for him in his world cup. 

spacer.png

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I can't reconcile the 'butter wouldn't melt in my innocent little mouth' quotes in the Ipswich Star with the moronic thought behind starting a social media campaign to hurt people. The only possible motive is jealousy and / or anger. 

I would suggest that the young man has a few issues. 

43 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can somebody tell me what the f..k  this is all about, page two now and I haven’t git a clue

Somebody started a “World Cup of Norwich *****” competition on Twitter and was asking fans to vote for who they thought was the biggest ****. The entrants were all well known Norwich fans, either due to social media or fan group type stuff.

the original tweet/account got taken down after the group stages but the competition was then revived by someone called JoeNCFC and played out to the finish with head to head ties/votes. It appeared to be weighted to ensure certain people (whom JoeNCFC clearly doesn’t like) got to the latter stages. Obviously the tweets prompted replies and some nasty exchanges on twitter.

it appears Joe NCFC (who hasn’t seemed to concerned about concealing his identity) may be the bloke who got a smack at Forest (and possibly Millwall) back in the day for baiting the home fans not realising that his full morph suit attire would make him a sitting duck outside the ground.

The suggestion (which I cannot confirm as I don’t know) is that (unless someone is impersonating people) JoeNCFC who now has a new Twitter name as the previous one was banned by twitter is the son of one of the posters on this thread although in my view unnecessarily to drag his name into things as was done here. 

Edited by Jim Smith

1 hour ago, Rabbit hole said:

I hope you’re not old bill Norwich Noise and tipping him off...

Nah, Norwich Noise is just going around preaching mental health on Twitter and yet is a grown adult calling themselves, "Troll Slayer" and constantly harassing people 😂

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Although they were well out of order, Forest fans did us a favour really otherwise morph suit guy would have hung around like a bad smell for decades like the canary fairy. 

Off-topic I know, but what happened to the Canary Fairy? I used to have a season ticket right by him in the Barclay around 15 years ago and I've often wondered what became of him. The impressionable teenage me found him amusing, but looking back on it, had he been shouting those things at opposition players in 2020 he'd no doubt be arrested, as his comments were regularly homophobic and on occasion bordered on racist.

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Off-topic I know, but what happened to the Canary Fairy? I used to have a season ticket right by him in the Barclay around 15 years ago and I've often wondered what became of him. The impressionable teenage me found him amusing, but looking back on it, had he been shouting those things at opposition players in 2020 he'd no doubt be arrested, as his comments were regularly homophobic and on occasion bordered on racist.

No idea but I think he was a bit 'special', his brother became mates with Darren Huckerby in the USA. 

Just asked somebody and he became a local referee so had to quit. 

God knows, hopefully long gone, a bloody embarrassment!! 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Didn't seem to have the physique for refereeing.

Should see some of the players at Sunday league level. Every game needs a ref.