A Load of Squit

Official Dynamo Dresden Matchday Thread

I see Dynamo Dresden play in orange - any suspicions we'll walk out in new away kit whatever that may be?

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is largely due to there only being 3 fit centre backs at the moment and Farke wanting to avoid overloading any of them with too many minutes. Tettey comes in to allow Zimmermann and Klose a rest.

Only 3 fit centre backs. 10 new signings, but no centre backs. 35 players already in the first team squad. Quintilla has played there before, as have others. Tettey being asked to play there so frequently suggests that is where he might get his games this season, if we don't land Gibson.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Being saved for the second half, I'm around 80 percent sure. Did Placheta travel or is he off with poland?

Klose and Emi missing from the bench too. Placheta on the subs list though.

4 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Klose and Emi missing from the bench too. Placheta on the subs list though.

Hopefully we see Placheta come on in the second half- With his pace, speed and skill against tired legs should be fun to watch

5 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Only 3 fit centre backs. 10 new signings, but no centre backs. 35 players already in the first team squad. Quintilla has played there before, as have others. Tettey being asked to play there so frequently suggests that is where he might get his games this season, if we don't land Gibson.

Actually, only two fit centre backs it seems as Klose isn't on the bench. Sorenson has also played centre back though. Think Tetts is there are that is where there is a shortage of players currently, not that it is seen as his new position. 

Centre back signing is an obvious priority for the club, I suspect it is taking longer as they are looking for a marked improvement. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hopefully we see Placheta come on in the second half- With his pace, speed and skill against tired legs should be fun to watch

Yeah, although he'll do well to run with the ball at his feet on that pitch!

Just saw the state of it, christ I know that Dresden were relegated to the third thier and all and just like a lot of East Germany it is rather poor and lacking in funding but come on they can do better than that right?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just saw the state of it, christ I know that Dresden were relegated to the third thier and all and just like a lot of East Germany it is rather poor and lacking in funding but come on they can do better than that right?

That isn't their pitch, the game is being played at a neutral venue near both teams' training camps. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That isn't their pitch, the game is being played at a neutral venue near both teams' training camps. 

Ah, makes sense. Still, shame was happened to East German football. Hell, East Germany in general, fall of the wall was supposed to help them out but still very blatent money issues, even more so if you compare them to the rest of Germany.

No East German football teams in the top German tier as of now either, and both Dresden and Rostock have ended up in the third tier and suffering major issues both on and off the field (rostock played in the top tier for over a decade)

Really is a shame that most of East Germany has been left to rot by the rest of Germany

They've got a cracking stadium, so won't be too pleased with the pitch either I imagine!

Dynamo Dresden @ Rudolf-Harbig-Stadium, Germany | Dynamo dresden ...    Rudolf Harbig Stadion - SG Dynamo Dresden - YouTube

Hell of a good fanbase too, shame about the clubs issues and relegation to the third tier, hope they come back stronger

ddddd.jpg

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah, makes sense. Still, shame was happened to East German football. Hell, East Germany in general, fall of the wall was supposed to help them out but still very blatent money issues, even more so if you compare them to the rest of Germany.

No East German football teams in the top German tier as of now either, and both Dresden and Rostock have ended up in the third tier and suffering major issues both on and off the field (rostock played in the top tier for over a decade)

Really is a shame that most of East Germany has been left to rot by the rest of Germany

Well, there is RB Leipzig.

The divide between East Germany and the rest of the country economically is much smaller than the divide between the north and south in the UK and Germany has spent a lot of money on regional development in the East. The economic gap is probably the smallest it has been since reunification, although it is certainly still marked. 

I definitely wouldn't say it has been 'left to rot'. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well, there is RB Leipzig.

The divide between East Germany and the rest of the country economically is much smaller than the divide between the north and south in the UK and Germany has spent a lot of money on regional development in the East. The economic gap is probably the smallest it has been since reunification, although it is certainly still marked. 

I definitely wouldn't say it has been 'left to rot'. 

Considering the poster, why are you surprised with the inaccurate, polarised view? 

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Considering the poster, why are you surprised with the inaccurate, polarised view? 

Way to spread hate. Thought this place was supposed to be a friendly bastion of love?

Way to spread hate. Thought this place was supposed to be a friendly bastion of love?

Plus I forgot about RB, mostly beacause everyone knows they are a energy drink.. And energy drinks cant play football 😉

34 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

That pitch is awful.  Wouldn't surprise me if the pre-season injury curse kicks in today.

Anyone see that two footed slide tackle from skipp? Surprised it was only a yellow. Anyone tell him it's a friendly? Even worse on that awful pitch

I saw a one-footed slide tackle challenge that looked a pretty standard yellow card? Maybe even a bit of a harsh yellow considering it's early on in a friendly.

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

That pitch is awful.  Wouldn't surprise me if the pre-season injury curse kicks in today.

It's windy as well.  Not sure apart from a boost to Teemu's confidence we're going to get from this.

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Binner

Skipp looks like he'd be a handy rugby player.

More bite in midfield was what we needed but maybe that was a little too much with that last tackle as he cements some poor German (who is wondering what sort of friendly game this is supposed to be). Skipp is in the book for his thuggery.

Pukki scores. Oh happy days!

Edited by Bonzo

1 minute ago, Bonzo said:

Skipp looks like he'd be a handy rugby player.

More bite in midfield was what we needed but maybe that was a too much with that last tackle as he cements some poor German (who is wondering what sort of friendly game this is supposed to be). Skipp is in the book for his thuggery.

Pukki scores. Oh happy days!

Skipp clearly just showing the Germans what Brexit football is all about

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Binner

I love this place 😂