Being linked with a move for this lad. Played for England u16, u17, u18, u19. Midfielder who has played full back. At Sunderland but on loan to South Shields when season curtailed. Deal worth £500,000 including add ons allegedly

Can't remember remotely why but I'm aware of him as a good prospect. 

Our transfer policy has a real addiction to central midfielders.

Famously captained Sunderland for a few minutes on his debut as a 16-year-old two years ago. Highly rated, but hasn't had a sniff at Sunderland this season. Obviously one for the future.

Also, I see this story was posted on the Pinkun main page about half an hour ago. Are we being watched?

I would expect Sunderland will be looking to focus on just getting out of LI - and even the amount being quoted will go a fair way in LI.

I would suggest we would be the best place for him at his stage in his career. A club with proven experience of developing players - not just youngsters. Especially those that may have 'drifted' for whatever reason.

And 'one to watch' Josh Martin has done himself (and City) no harm by a 'restart with us.

And as to cost, then Maddison is proof of the benefits of expenditure in that area.

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Can't remember remotely why but I'm aware of him as a good prospect. 

Our transfer policy has a real addiction to central midfielders.

I think that’s just because Webber is trying to shut down the “Godfrey should play in midfield” debate.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I think that’s just because Webber is trying to shut down the “Godfrey should play in midfield” debate.

And yet after Gilmour, Adshead, Sitti, Amadou, Rupp, Duda, Leitner finally found stuck in the lost property cupboard at Colney and potentially Mumba...

The answer will still be Godfrey 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

thought he was supposed to be **** hot? Whats he doing at South Shields?!

Guess Sunderland wanted to keep him close and away from prying eyes. Too bad for them though. Scored 2 in 3 for Shields. Sunderland fans are furious by the way.

Shields by the way are the up and coming team up here. Flying !!

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Much as I said above

"With financial constraints having hit clubs hard in the third tier of English football, the money received from the transfer of Mumba is sure to be welcome by Sunderland who can look to reinvest in other areas of their squad."

A case of immediate needs taking priority. Something in stark contrast to City where we have been signing youngsters in abundance to see who comes through

The article talks about him being played as a right back, so we shall have to see how the club develops him (assuming this does go through)

If so, welcome on board Bali

Brilliant.

Exactly the way I would want our club to conduct it's affairs.

An efficient scouting system and the willingness to take a risk on such highly promising youngsters, especially as we still have PL clout ... for a while at least.

No doubt there will be sizeable add-ons if he comes off.

If he wilts then he will likely have value in the lower leagues.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

if he wilts then he will likely have value in the lower leagues.

I don't think lower leagues cough up much for those who fall by the wayside

however the signings of Maddison and Redmond have more than proved the value of this policy, if only in financial terms

and Godfrey, Aarons Lewis and now Idah & Martin, have also highlighted the rewards in footballing terms policy of 'nicking' young players from other clubs

investing the the right coaching set up and scouting network has paid off far more than some of our recent, and costly failures