Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

So called Reluctantnicko (Alan Nixon)

Anyone follow him?

He seems to be enjoying suggesting lots of stuff on his Twitter feed that's gets lots of attention from our Yorkshire friends.

Typical journo though, hints and suggests not never actually says anything of fact.

He's suggesting that there are a few Prem Clubs causing the delay but when people ask him who he never replies.

Have to say out of all of this, not only have politicians behave appallingly but the media and press won't come out smelling of rosesĀ either.

Heā€™s an absolute tool. Blocked me for saying that Italy will struggle to get Serie a started with their governments guidelines on squad quarantine. He replied along the lines of I canā€™t be dealing with your negativity. The ridiculous thing was that his rag of a paper was running the story the same day with the headline Serie a on brink of curtailing...

1 hour ago, JF said:

Heā€™s an absolute tool. Blocked me for saying that Italy will struggle to get Serie a started with their governments guidelines on squad quarantine. He replied along the lines of I canā€™t be dealing with your negativity. The ridiculous thing was that his rag of a paper was running the story the same day with the headline Serie a on brink of curtailing...

I don't reply to him, generally pointless. Bit of a self important bell piece, but worth a follow.Ā  Does have a few snippets but think he is fed by certain clubs to stir it up! And it seems to work.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Just Dan said:

I don't reply to him, generally pointless. Bit of a self important bell piece, but worth a follow.Ā  Does have a few snippets but think he is fed by certain clubs to stir it up! And it seems to work.

Absolutely.

It's easy this journo business, you can literally make up stuff, hint that you know stuff and when it gets reported tip the nod to a hint that could have been about absolutely anything šŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Anyone follow him?

He seems to be enjoying suggesting lots of stuff on his Twitter feed that's gets lots of attention from our Yorkshire friends.

Typical journo though, hints and suggests not never actually says anything of fact.

He's suggesting that there are a few Prem Clubs causing the delay but when people ask him who he never replies.

Have to say out of all of this, not only have politicians behave appallingly but the media and press won't come out smelling of rosesĀ either.

Heā€™s annoyingly simplistic.Ā Likes to come out with one liners then has nothing to back it up.

is occasionally correct though. He reckons the EFL have asked for Ā£200m from the EPL clubs to bail them out. He suggests itā€™s only Ā£10m per club the implication being its small fry. For us, on top of the loss of income we will suffer that is a huge sum of money if we get relegated.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Heā€™s annoyingly simplistic.Ā Likes to come out with one liners then has nothing to back it up.

is occasionally correct though. He reckons the EFL have asked for Ā£200m from the EPL clubs to bail them out. He suggests itā€™s only Ā£10m per club the implication being its small fry. For us, on top of the loss of income we will suffer that is a huge sum of money if we get relegated.Ā 

I'd like Leeds to pay our Ā£10m. To prove they're worthy of being a Premier league team.Ā 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I checked that and he posted that after someone else had already done so, can't remember who it was though.

He's got the Leeds fans in his pocket though.

Hes a **** who cant deal with the stuff he makes up being questioned. He just blocks anyone who questions or has an alternative viewpoint.Ā 

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes a **** who cant deal with the stuff he makes up being questioned. He just blocks anyone who questions or has an alternative viewpoint.Ā 

Lots of football journalists like that I think.Ā 

Still waiting for Chris Lakey to unblock meĀ šŸ˜‚

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Lots of football journalists like that I think.Ā 

Still waiting for Chris Lakey to unblock meĀ šŸ˜‚

Oh wow, really?

I've not been blocked by this Nicko guy but seen loads who have been for questioning stuff. Makes me think social media isnt for them, really.

Just now, hogesar said:

Oh wow, really?

I've not been blocked by this Nicko guy but seen loads who have been for questioning stuff. Makes me think social media isnt for them, really.

Yeah, I disagreed (pretty politely) with him about something and he blocked me. Was a bit of a shock as I'd not been blocked by anyone before!

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah, I disagreed (pretty politely) with him about something and he blocked me. Was a bit of a shock as I'd not been blocked by anyone before!

He blocked meĀ when I called him out on what he was saying and asked him to add some facts to his stories, all I got was the word Bye and blocked.

It's actually quite easy to be a journalist online, you can make up what you like, refer to a secret source so you never have to take actual responsibility for what you say and then blame the source when it proved to be rubbish šŸ˜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

It's actually quite easy to be a journalist online, you can make up what you like, refer to a secret source so you never have to take actual responsibility for what you say and then blame the source when it proved to be rubbish šŸ˜

Journalism is very difficult.Ā  They get a lead of some kind - but verifying that lead can be a challenge and sometimes, if they hear the same thing from someone else, then they start to think that lead is genuine.....not knowing if the second source is accurate either - and so you get what we have been getting from the media for years - misinformation, badly reported and innacruate news and a lowering of standards.Ā  It used to be just the tabloids and talk sport, now the bigger companies are getting sucked in to it and getting caught out by fake information that appears to be coroborated by others (usually on social media) which in turn leads to fake news. Ā 

The lowest form of journalism is exactly what you say, all about self engrandisment and not a lot of substance.Ā  That combined with the kind of twaddle that makes twitter and other social media a mess of mis-information, propoganda and lies, leaves the average punter not knowing whether anything in print or on tv is accurate.Ā 

I've always had a healthy disdain for anything from the media, but I now actively distrust anything I hear from anyone who is purporting to give me news or current affairs - and politicians are simply not worth listening to, let alone believing. So much is utter tripe or just plain wrong.

I feel a bit for those journalists and politicians who are attempting to be truthful and accurate - they seem few and far between though and it is difficult to discern the good ones from the bad.

I base my complete disrespect of journalists on the simple fact that every time I have read anything in a newspaper about a subject I genuinely know about, it has been reported inaccurately. Every single time. Over many years. Involving all newspapers.

Therefore I assume that everything printed in a newspaper which is not immediately verifiable is inaccurate. This now extends to their apps and websites. Almost every day I find an article which I personally know contains untrue statements.

My conclusion is that all journalists, whoever they work for, misrepresent the truth for their own purposes.

As the father of 3 sons I was once asked if they could ever do anything which would make me love them less - my reply was that the only thing would be if they told me they wanted to be a journalist.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I base my complete disrespect of journalists on the simple fact that every time I have read anything in a newspaper about a subject I genuinely know about, it has been reported inaccurately. Every single time. Over many years. Involving all newspapers.

Therefore I assume that everything printed in a newspaper which is not immediately verifiable is inaccurate. This now extends to their apps and websites. Almost every day I find an article which I personally know contains untrue statements.

My conclusion is that all journalists, whoever they work for, misrepresent the truth for their own purposes.

As the father of 3 sons I was once asked if they could ever do anything which would make me love them less - my reply was that the only thing would be if they told me they wanted to be a journalist.

Yes, they have overtaken estate agents. I would say that many journalists risk their lives to report the news. There were 49 journalists killed worldwide last year, including one murdered in the UK because of her reporting, and that global total was the lowest for 16 years.

• Like 1

And CNN reporters reporting on the George Floyd death were arrested yesterday.

Lots of reporters Sgncfc do report what they see, showing the world what is happening, 'showing' being the operative word. There are other narrators who provide a story (which you can treat as entertainment if you wish. I like the work of Marina Hyde but know it's not the absolute truth).

Is Harrison Ford going to be in the new indy film tho? That should be the main question from that screenshot!

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Is Harrison Ford going to be in the new indy film tho? That should be the main question from that screenshot!

Have to admit - I wouldn't have made any new Indy films. Thought original trilogy was near perfect.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Classic ego journalism, drop a hint and wait for everyone to ask him more.

See he's still not commented further.

Interesting. Guess the rest of the scoop will appear in the scum sometime soon.

On 30/05/2020 at 15:24, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, they have overtaken estate agents. I would say that many journalists risk their lives to report the news. There were 49 journalists killed worldwide last year, including one murdered in the UK because of her reporting, and that global total was the lowest for 16 years.

No journalists yet killed covering the George Floyd protests but hardly for the want of trying by some of the US police and military forces. The reason the world is being kept informed of what is going on over there is because reporters are risking injury and worse. Not something that is true of many estate agents.

• Like 1