12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Other people's golf memberships, other people's season tickets. We know it all we do...

I've managed to avoid replying for you a fair while so I'm annoyed at myself for cracking but here we are.

I'm not telling anyone else what to do with their season ticket. 

I gave an opinion on what I'd do.

If you want to turn down any potential rebate that is entirely your prerogative.

If the club chooses to go down the route of asking fans to turn it down (as they did in 2009) while simultaneously not getting execs/players to take even a symbolic pay cut then, in my opinion, it will reflect badly on the club. They may not do, we'll see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

I've managed to avoid replying for you a fair while so I'm annoyed at myself for cracking but here we are.

I'm not telling anyone else what to do with their season ticket. 

I gave an opinion on what I'd do.

If you want to turn down any potential rebate that is entirely your prerogative.

If the club chooses to go down the route of asking fans to turn it down (as they did in 2009) while simultaneously not getting execs/players to take even a symbolic pay cut then, in my opinion, it will reflect badly on the club. They may not do, we'll see.

I didn't realise you stopped replying to me. Why did you do that?

I'm not sure why you'e replying to me now tbh. But the thing about the season ticket rebate in 2009, the announcements made over potential rebates now, the opportunity to buy shares, the opportunity to invest in the bond issue have all been offered and we have all had a choice. Choice is a great thing to have.

Of course the choice ticket holders may have when a decision is made over this season will only apply to ticket holders themselves.

Does anybody think our club should make a decision unilaterally and offer refunds now?

Other people's money certainly won't affect what I do. But again, choice is always fair.

Edited by nutty nigel

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes, they've treated us abysmally ever since the cook and her cohorts stole the club in 1996. 😠😡

So you do know how much Watling walleted .

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you do know how much Watling walleted .

No but I know a man who does....

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Does anybody think our club should make a decision unilaterally and offer refunds now?

It seems some do.

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The first DD started on the last working day of March for the 20/21 season.

If you cancel/put season ticket on hold for next season the club will refund 2 months (March April) re 20/21 season and I guess we are due monies back from current season which obviously will not take place at CR but till the FA decides what happens to the rest of this season then we will have to wait.

Would love to see the well paid players/ board  making a gesture . missing a weeks pay would be a start- would give the fans a boast to consider more on rebates etc

9 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Would love to see the well paid players/ board  making a gesture . missing a weeks pay would be a start- would give the fans a boast to consider more on rebates etc

Indeed. Plus it is their club as well as it is ours. You cannot ask supporters to make a sacrifice when you haven't asked the same of the high earners. Highly unethical.

What sacrifice have supporters been asked to make?

Just think how much more the players could be being paid if we'd got the much pined for investor. Thank the Lord the cook and her cohorts have held us back from that.

The money that goes out of the game to players and their agents is obscene but it didn't suddenly happen in March. 

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

It seems some do.

Do they? NN appears to be the only one to mention it...

37 minutes ago, king canary said:

Do they? NN appears to be the only one to mention it...

NN asked the question because the last announcement I saw was that our club were waiting for a decision on the season.

We have gone from that to all kinds of scenarios where our club is somehow going to try and hold on to people's money and has asked supporters for sacrifices...

Perhaps supporters could be awarded shares in NCFC in lieu of a cash refund? Having a voice in how the club is run future would seem fair.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

NN asked the question because the last announcement I saw was that our club were waiting for a decision on the season.

We have gone from that to all kinds of scenarios where our club is somehow going to try and hold on to people's money and has asked supporters for sacrifices...

You're right it is a hypothetical scenario- it may be that once the decision is made the club just process refunds without any question. However people haven't plucked the thought that the club might ask them to not take their refund out of thin air- the exact same thing happened last time there was a need to mass refund season ticket holders. So the speculation isn't exactly unreasonable.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Perhaps supporters could be awarded shares in NCFC in lieu of a cash refund? Having a voice in how the club is run future would seem fair.

With Delia and Mr Jones having almost complete control cannot see how that would make much difference 

Still that’s one idea

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who would go for that? You may get one or two shares. If you got 1,000 or 2,000 shares you wouldn't have a voice in how the club is run. 

I guess it's choice and some people may choose it. Can't see many doing it though. 

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're right it is a hypothetical scenario- it may be that once the decision is made the club just process refunds without any question. However people haven't plucked the thought that the club might ask them to not take their refund out of thin air- the exact same thing happened last time there was a need to mass refund season ticket holders. So the speculation isn't exactly unreasonable.

It's a possibility. But surely if it happens it will be along side the opportunity to take a refund? Is their any precedent to suggest refunds won't be offered?

In 2009 I took my refund. In 2018 I bought a bond. This time I don't know what the options will be. But if there's an option to leave the money where it is and have the tickets as and when I'll probably take it. Because it suits me. If my circumstances change and taking the refund suits me I'll do that. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It's a possibility. But surely if it happens it will be along side the opportunity to take a refund? Is their any precedent to suggest refunds won't be offered?

No there isn't and I'm not sure anyone has suggested there would be? The club has already said they will offer them.

The point I made initially is more about the PR/optics of the club asking for fans to not take the money so as to help the club financially if they haven't asked players/executives to take a small pay cut for similar.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

No there isn't and I'm not sure anyone has suggested there would be? The club has already said they will offer them.

The point I made initially is more about the PR/optics of the club asking for fans to not take the money so as to help the club financially if they haven't asked players/executives to take a small pay cut for similar.

Can they actually do that?

Could your employer ask you to take a pay cut and then go public if you refused? Is that ethical?

My initial point was that other people's money won't effect what I do with mine. But I fully support people having choice. Which it seems what you think will happen.

Can they actually do that?

Could your employer ask you to take a pay cut and then go public if you refused? Is that ethical?

My initial point was that other people's money won't effect what I do with mine. But I fully support people having choice. Which it seems what you think will happen.

Of course they can.

There are numerous example of executives taking pay cuts in order to help the financial state of their companies. It can be largely symbolic but it helps create an environment of 'we're all in it together.' 

Putting it all on the fans will likely only cause resentment. 

Just now, king canary said:

Of course they can.

There are numerous example of executives taking pay cuts in order to help the financial state of their companies. It can be largely symbolic but it helps create an environment of 'we're all in it together.' 

Putting it all on the fans will likely only cause resentment. 

Of course they can ask them. There's numerous examples of that and of pay cuts being taken.

I don't understand what you mean by "putting it all in the fans" is there a precedent for that happening?

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course they can ask them. There's numerous examples of that and of pay cuts being taken.

I don't understand what you mean by "putting it all in the fans" is there a precedent for that happening?

I think what I mean is pretty obvious.

If the club is willing to ask fans to give up money in the form of not taking refunds but the executives aren't willing to do the same themselves then it is putting it on the fans. 'Do as I say, not as I do.'

it is not just a refund on season tickets as i and probably a few thousand have paid £25 for an away membership next season for games it looks like we will not be able to attend. Don't forget the FA Cup money for the Man Utd tickets.

The Club will have to cover those costs somehow and my bet is that the first step will be that it is by way of asking fans to forfeit a refund.

Just now, king canary said:

I think what I mean is pretty obvious.

If the club is willing to ask fans to give up money in the form of not taking refunds but the executives aren't willing to do the same themselves then it is putting it on the fans. 'Do as I say, not as I do.'

That's the beauty of choice isn't it.

It would still suit me to leave my money with our club for future tickets. If the option is available I would like to continue my DD until the tickets are paid. 

Others have different priorities and it will suit them to take a refund.

My abhorance of the total unethical division of money in football has never stopped me buying tickets. If that would make me a hypocrite then how much more hypocritical would those be who demand more of other people's money to fund an even greater divide.

When the matches were first called off the club came out with a statement that said if casual ticket holders had bought tickets and could not make it to the rearranged fixture they could get a refund. Not sure if this still stands though  

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

it is not just a refund on season tickets as i and probably a few thousand have paid £25 for an away membership next season for games it looks like we will not be able to attend. Don't forget the FA Cup money for the Man Utd tickets.

The Club will have to cover those costs somehow and my bet is that the first step will be that it is by way of asking fans to forfeit a refund.

Would you forfeit a refund and carry the membership over?

Or take your refund and buy again when the future is decided?

Or don't you think you'd have a choice?

Would you forfeit a refund and carry the membership over?

Or take your refund and buy again when the future is decided?

Or don't you think you'd have a choice?

My post was not about choice, it was about the club having the financial ability to provide a refund if people took that choice and after getting on for two months of having a huge drop in income that ability is diminishing surely ?

To answer your question i would have my money back for my cup ticket and membership once i knew for sure this ridiculous behind closed doors malarky was actually going to happen.

I don't see the point in saying "If the club did this but didn't do that it'd be bad". It's like saying "if we signed a convicted murderer to play up front I wouldn't be happy".

We don't know, what is the point in negative speculation? By all mean lay into the club once a decision has been made you're unhappy with but until then why bother.

Hadn't really thought about this until seeing this post.

I have paid £25 for away membership, the same for home membership next season, and £50 to go on the season ticket waiting list. And do you know what? I don't give a monkey's how long the club hang on to it as they must be struggling to put together any sort of survival budget for the next 12 months. If my very humble £100 helps then great. Not that I am wealthy, but demanding £100 back is certainly not going to change my life one iota.

The Board and the fans want exactly the same things. Solvency and success. Let's remember we are all on the same side, us against the EPL world. Life is hard enough, without in-fighting!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My post was not about choice, it was about the club having the financial ability to provide a refund if people took that choice and after getting on for two months of having a huge drop in income that ability is diminishing surely ?

To answer your question i would have my money back for my cup ticket and membership once i knew for sure this ridiculous behind closed doors malarky was actually going to happen.

Surely all of us are waiting to find out what is going to actually happen.

If it's behind closed doors I would choose to pay for my ticket and use it when it's possible.

Didn't you once have a five year season ticket? However much of your money did you leave with our club to make that work?