Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

4 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

People who enjoy this are War of the Worlds fans who like to think the tripe talked about on that concept album, are suddenly happening for real. The 2005 Spielberg movie adaption even talks about a Coronavirus that only aliens are affected by.

Who are these people and why would anyone be enjoying this?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I’m at a loss, didn’t Kahn say massive increase in London hospitals! I was expecting a big rise in hospitalisation today, so why is he calling an emergency?

From what I read NHS staff sickness figures in London have gone from 1900 to 4700 in a week, the immediate concern is about a breakdown in  health care provision.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Van wink said:

From what I read NHS staff sickness figures in London have gone from 1900 to 4700 in a week, the immediate concern is about a breakdown in  health care provision.

Current situation at one London Hospital ( King's College ) :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/19/london-hospital-staff-speak-out-were-not-here-to-judge-but-please-get-your-covid-vaccines

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

How many over 80’s went to raves without a mask on though ? 😉

And did Boris lie, I thought most over 80’s were double vaccinated and even boosted.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A third of Londoners are unvaccinated…

Now then, I wonder what we can conclude from that….

Edited by Van wink

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Now then, I wonder what we can conclude from that

Get double jabbed, for sure. Then get that third one if you are vulnerable 

And London is a dump that we shouldn’t judge the rest of the country on

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Get double jabbed, for sure. Then get that third one of you are vulnerable 

Nope, try again

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Get double jabbed, for sure. Then get that third one of you are vulnerable 

Please don’t peddle complete rubbish that puts people’s lives at risk, a booster jab is needed to boost your immunity.

Yesterday you said you said you didn’t encourage people not to get vaccinated, today you encourage people not to get a booster.

There are quite a few vacancies on the COVID wards maybe you would be interested in applying ?

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

That vaccine passports are unworkable and will be an economic disaster

Or that clowns have red noses 

24 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Its not just the hospitals. A few days ago ot was reported that 30% or so of London fire engines couldn't be manned.

It is issues like this across all services that make some extra measures inevitable and necessary.

18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Please don’t peddle complete rubbish that puts people’s lives at risk, a booster jab is needed to boost your immunity.

Yesterday you said you said you didn’t encourage people not to get vaccinated, today you encourage people not to get a booster.

There are quite a few vacancies on the COVID wards maybe you would be interested in applying ?

Think what you like mate you are boring

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Well b back said:

True, especially since quite a few scientists have been trying to point out that the third jab should never have been called a booster - that is just another piece of Johnson idiocy, or ironically Johnson 'boosterism' 😊

Some will no doubt say that whether the third jab is regarded a third vaccination or a booster is just semantics but it is very clear that to many people it makes a real difference in the way they look at it, and often the outcome is that people regard it as an optional and not terribly important extra rather than the essential step that it is (assuming of course that you want to be protected against the virus).

Those who want it can go do one with their circuit breaker…. all while they smirk like idiots then do this while banging wooden spoons on saucepans.

15 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

True, especially since quite a few scientists have been trying to point out that the third jab should never have been called a booster - that is just another piece of Johnson idiocy, or ironically Johnson 'boosterism' 😊

Some will no doubt say that whether the third jab is regarded a third vaccination or a booster is just semantics but it is very clear that to many people it makes a real difference in the way they look at it, and often the outcome is that people regard it as an optional and not terribly important extra rather than the essential step that it is (assuming of course that you want to be protected against the virus).

When we are 8 jabs in I’ll have a clear conscience that I at least said something before I was railroaded into getting it.

you’ll just be a mug who got ir straight away no questions.

12 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Quite wrong I'm  afraid. My third jab card clearly states "Pfizer 3rd Primary Cormirnaty". Some of us had the 3rd dose of a 3 dose course. Our booster will be a fourth jab.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Quite wrong I'm  afraid. My third jab card clearly states "Pfizer 3rd Primary Cormirnaty". Some of us had the 3rd dose of a 3 dose course. Our booster will be a fourth jab.

I'd have thought that rather bears out what I was saying........although you're the first person (in this country) that I've heard of who has a 3 jab card - thought only the French were doing that 😊

When are you due a 'booster'?

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I'd have thought that rather bears out what I was saying........although you're the first person (in this country) that I've heard of who has a 3 jab card - thought only the French were doing that 😊

When are you due a 'booster'?

I have a 2 jab card and a 1 jab card. As for a booster, I understand my fourth jab cannot take place until 3 months after my third which was on Oct 20th. I have messaged my surgery for information on that.

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Stealing from the Guardian. SO the number of cases is accelerating rapidly, but a smaller percentage of those cases being admitted to hospital

image.png.7dbcb550e6865238ad828b250fcf93f5.png

image.png.51d6b0f9f1b3695a31d512ab1cff892a.png

Shows generally the power of vaccines. I read that 90% in hospital at the moment with Covid are un-vaccinated.

Like Rubella, Polio, Measles etc ....it's why those diseases have largely disappeared - the 6 in 1 vaccine you get as a baby. At college age sometimes students get hepatitis B vaccines too.

Let's hope that those hospitalisation rates stay level or start to drop.

Edited by sonyc

Hospitalisation is a lagging indicator. The size of the rise in the next few days will tell us if it is less dangerous.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Stealing from the Guardian. SO the number of cases is accelerating rapidly, but a smaller percentage of those cases being admitted to hospital

image.png.7dbcb550e6865238ad828b250fcf93f5.png

image.png.51d6b0f9f1b3695a31d512ab1cff892a.png

Hopefully that will still be the case in a few weeks time. Roughly 17 days on average from infection to hospitalisation, if you are one of the unlucky ones. A bit early to predict how many of the recent upswing will end up in hospital. 

18 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Shows generally the power of vaccines. I read that 90% in hospital at the moment with Covid are un-vaccinated.

Like Rubella, Polio, Measles etc ....it's why those diseases have largely disappeared - the 6 in 1 vaccine you get as a baby. At college age sometimes students get hepatitis B vaccines too.

Put your tin hat on Sonyc, I was called an idiot last night for suggesting lower rates. 

25 minutes ago, sonyc said:

There is a lot of misleading information being widely reported on places such a GMB that have been making these claims but it’s not true 

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Put your tin hat on Sonyc, I was called an idiot last night for suggesting lower rates. 

I think the best approach is just to remain in adult mode about things WBB. Happy to keep reading reports posted and take a view without getting too upset or animated about anything.

I reckon that is especially important with the quality of messaging in this government. I know I've mentioned before but you get better debate in Scotland and Wales (from what I've witnessed) about public health - no screeching by both sides in parliament. Somehow more adult (and I'm not making any party political point here - just commenting on the quality of debate....but that does seem to cut through to greater clarity at the level of leadership).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

There is a lot of misleading information being widely reported on places such a GMB that have been making these claims but it’s not true 

This was the latest one I read VR. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/19/sajid-javid-hits-out-at-unvaccinated-for-taking-up-hospital-beds

Cannot vouch for the veracity and I did say that it was what I had read not something I was claiming btw. Very hard sometimes to know what to believe. Just have to not get too wound up by any source.

Edited by sonyc