Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

15 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

She is an MP at Westminster so arguably should be more accountable than an advisor.  But I have already stated that I feel that although this is the most serious breach this far the bloodletting can wait.

Why on earth should it wait, we are trying to get the population to take this seriously and comply now.

Edited by Van wink
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Have all the leftie Cummings bashers become apoplectic over the SNP MP travelling by train to the HoC and back with coronavirus? 

This comment only show's your own shallow foolishness. Everybody on all sides thinks she should resign, gone by tomorrow, particularly her SNP leaders! Only BB for reasons that escape me think otherwise. Is it a 'blue' thing ?

Contrast that to weasel Cummings excuses in the No. 10 garden and Johnsons lack of any leadership.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2020 at 13:43, Van wink said:

Number in the Broadland on the up.Still relatively low compared to some.image.thumb.png.208871d19c2913706c3f8851b02ea87e.png

image.thumb.png.8a4f031feef915fb3d8b5355a327c346.pngSlowing 

Still levelling off.

2.6% positives 264k tests

6968 - 66

Inpatients  2376 up  only 100 since yesterday

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterdays European.

Italy   2548 - 24

France 13970 - 63

Spain  9149 - 182

Germany  2619 - 15

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Details of the story are now on the BBC website. Ambush and triumph are the code words used, with triumph understood to be oxford/astra zeneca 

Thanks. I have put the link below. This was exactly the story reported 3 weeks ago. What rubbish reporting to say it was leaked yesterday lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54375643

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Thanks. I have put the link below. This was exactly the story reported 3 weeks ago. What rubbish reporting to say it was leaked yesterday lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54375643

I hope they don't give people the choice of which of the two vaccines they want.................would you choose Ambush or Triumph ?? 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

This comment only show's your own shallow foolishness. Everybody on all sides thinks she should resign, gone by tomorrow, particularly her SNP leaders! Only BB for reasons that escape me think otherwise. Is it a 'blue' thing ?

Contrast that to weasel Cummings excuses in the No. 10 garden and Johnsons lack of any leadership.

My reasons are clear.  I dont think now is a good time for a by election. 

If it were a 'blue' thing why would I suggest an SNP MP stay in position until the other side?

7 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

My reasons are clear.  I dont think now is a good time for a by election. 

If it were a 'blue' thing why would I suggest an SNP MP stay in position until the other side?

Very difficult to decide in my opinion.

On the one side you have a bloke who didn't have the virus travelling a couple of hundred miles in his own car.....but is a Tory

While on the other side you have a woman who knowingly did have the virus, travelling 400 miles on public transport................................. but isn't a Tory.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

you can see the difficulty here can't you.😉😁

She was selfish and reckless, five times, she was not representing her constituency. How about 200hrs. community work in a hospital or old peoples home, to readdress the selfishness and her outright stupidity.

And should there be a by-election, so be it. It would address the question of Independence, and that is not a bad thing, but overdue, the SNP has for far too long hidden behind gender politics over and above everything else, time to get a move on, justice in Scotlad, and here, need a dire reform.

10 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

From the British Medical Journal. Leaked documents.

Hurrah, soon we will need to have a digital passport to visit elderly relatives or get into Carrow Road again.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3558

Look on the bright side, soon there may not be any elderly relatives left😉

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nursing homes being forced to close due to lack of customers

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Very difficult to decide in my opinion.

On the one side you have a bloke who didn't have the virus travelling a couple of hundred miles in his own car.....but is a Tory

While on the other side you have a woman who knowingly did have the virus, travelling 400 miles on public transport................................. but isn't a Tory.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

you can see the difficulty here can't you.😉😁

Only one of them was blind to be fair. And that one I'd prefer to use the train rather than a car.

4 hours ago, Herman said:

This'll knacker your figures Ricardo. Blimey!!

Do the University figures actually count in the official figures ? As most Universities as I understand it are private testing, so I would love to know if these figures are included ?

Boris has blamed everyone but himself at every stage, it’s been the scientists, PHE, his colleagues but now it’s us, not just some of us, but every single one of us.

He said compliance with the virus restrictions had been "high at first" but then "probably... everybody got a bit, kind of complacent and blasé".

I can assure him I didn’t and nor did most people I know. I looked on in horror as he encouraged people back to the office and to fill pubs on Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Do the University figures actually count in the official figures ? As most Universities as I understand it are private testing, so I would love to know if these figures are included ?

I thought the rise in cases was partly because of the returning students so I am a bit unsure now.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I thought the rise in cases was partly because of the returning students so I am a bit unsure now.

I thought the same, but then I saw a couple of the unis here were private testing and then what really got me thinking is we have been told about 1000’s of positives in unis accounting for roughly 1/2 the numbers we are seeing reported. I then thought one second why are areas being locked down if unis are the problem.

So I really don’t know but would love to know if private testing is included in the figures as I really don’t know. 

11 hours ago, Well b back said:

The OSR data or Zoe figures are a better indicator of direction of travel imo.

1st Oct Zoe

“According to the COVID Symptom Study (CSS) UK Infection Survey figures, there are currently, 19,777 daily new symptomatic cases of COVID in the UK on average over the two weeks up to 27 September (excluding care homes). This figure is based on the number of newly symptomatic app users per day, and the proportion of these who give positive swab tests. The latest figures were based on the data from 8,377 swab tests done between 13 September to 27 September. 

This week’s data shows that the number of new cases of COVID-19 in the UK has flattened across the UK in the last four days, with the highest numbers still in the North of England suggesting that the situation is slowing down. The CSS Infection Survey found that almost twice as many people under 30 were reporting positive tests (0.49%) compared to the prevalence rate for people above or equal to 30 (0.26%). This higher level of cases in younger people could explain why there is currently less pressure on the NHS compared to the first wave. 

The CSS UK Infection Survey R values for the UK are; England 1.2, Scotland 1.3 and Wales 1.4. These R values have fallen since last week which reflects the slowing down of new cases being observed.   

Although new cases may be not rising, we estimate that 230,966 people currently have symptomatic COVID in the UK (prevalent disease), This figure does not include long term COVID sufferers. 

The CSS UK Infection Survey has been running since early May when the COVID Symptom Study commenced its daily swab testing programme provided by the Department of Health and Social Care and has so far recorded over a million swab results from app users. The CCS UK Infection Survey estimates the number of current COVID-19 positive cases in the community based on the information logged by users in the app and the results from the swab testing programme. 

It identifies differences in numbers within the regions throughout the UK, and tracks the change in estimated cases over time. It is the largest survey of its kind in the UK, bigger than the ONS’s COVID-19 Infection Survey and the research conducted by Imperial College London.”

Edited by Van wink
  • Thanks 1

Thanks VW

yes I follow the Zoe app as well and 9 times out of 10 what they say today is where we are with the official figures 7 days later. But it’s the ONS figures I would like to get my head round and if they actually include tests done private or just their own NHS figures ?. Yesterday was the one that got me thinking, as it seems unis are private testing and those banding figures around yesterday added up to about 50 % of the official figures, which then in turn makes you ask why whole areas are being locked down if there are as many positives in unis as there are in the communities. Some large companies and schools to a limited degree and elite sport are also using private testing, just would love to know.

18 hours ago, Well b back said:

Boris has blamed everyone but himself at every stage, it’s been the scientists, PHE, his colleagues but now it’s us, not just some of us, but every single one of us.

He said compliance with the virus restrictions had been "high at first" but then "probably... everybody got a bit, kind of complacent and blasé".

I can assure him I didn’t and nor did most people I know. I looked on in horror as he encouraged people back to the office and to fill pubs on Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. 

Not very often I disagree with you Wbb but my experience is very different from yours.

I think many people (and I include myself in that !!) became complacent.

I also think the majority of businesses did, we have a Tesco near us which is one of the largest in the country. During the main outbreak, there was lots of sanitiser/hand gel etc available as you entered the store - which of course had limited numbers and one-way traffic. That has all gone, no limited numbers, no one way traffic and one sanitisation station which the vast majority of people ignore. I see that standard reflected in lots of other places too.

Not suggesting that it isn't a reflection of his attitude to getting people back to work (though I happen to think it was getting increasingly necessary) but I do believe that a vast number, perhaps the majority, of people had and continue to duck their personal responsibilities. 

• Like 1

Guardian.

UK reports staggering 12,872 new infections in one day

The UK reported 12,872 new coronavirus cases in the 24 hours to Saturday, nearly double the number reported a day earlier.

On Friday, the government had reported 6,968 new infections.

The figures, normally released daily at 4pm GMT, were only published just before 9pm on Saturday.

A government website blamed a “technical issue”, which has now been resolved, for “a delay in publishing a number of Covid-19 cases to the dashboard in England. This means the total reported over the coming days will include some additional cases from the period between 24 September and 1 October, increasing the number of cases reported.”

Safely say our numbers are up the swaney!

Edited by Yellow Fever
Seems like it includes many positives thry omitted in the last week

Revision of numbers being done, looks like underreporting.and worryingly there may be further upward revisions due to all cases not being captured.

Edited by Van wink

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Revision of numbers being done, looks like underreporting.

Yes. The 7000 or so for the last few days looks like badly under reported but has now 'caught' up with a jolt. 13000 in one day is too high but the 7 day rolling average is likely a better number.

Too much complacency.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. The 7000 or so for the last few days looks like badly under reported but has now 'caught' up with a jolt. 13000 in one day is too high but the 7 day rolling average is likely a better number.

Too much complacency.

So one wonders which data is driving policy?

26 minutes ago, Van wink said:

So one wonders which data is driving policy?

My suspicion is huge issues in the NW and NE plus other hotspots but very unbalanced elsewhere. I think these daily figures should as discussed before be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Either way not good.

Edited by Yellow Fever