Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You do know there are plenty who just think Biden's the lesser of two evils. And until the USA - like the UK - gets its electoral house in order and radically reforms it, the lesser of two evils is all you're going to get to choose.

I definitely go with that to an extent, but as much as Afghanistan was a debacle (set in motion by Trump, to be fair), Biden has done some constructive things on the world stage: getting 130 countries to agree on a minimum for corporation tax was a genuine accomplishment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I definitely go with that to an extent, but as much as Afghanistan was a debacle (set in motion by Trump, to be fair), Biden has done some constructive things on the world stage: getting 130 countries to agree on a minimum for corporation tax was a genuine accomplishment. 

Sure, and by definition a "lesser" of two evils is more likely to come up with generally pleasing outcomes now and again. And as much as I think Trump has probably set things back twenty years or more with his Supreme Court picks, he can't do much about circumstances being such where he had three picks in four years. Gorsuch is fairly conservative but can swing, Kavanaugh seemed a bit underqualified but tends to be socially very conservative, whilst Coney Barrett does have impeccable legal qualifications but is basically a fundamentalist Christian lunatic in the interpretation.

That's the kind of thing that shapes a country for years, and IMO it's very much to the USA's detriment.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

When it comes to the World’s top seven economies, the OECD once again puts the UK at the top of the table.

In the OECD’s report the UK is predicted to beat them all in 2021.

6.92% United Kingdom
6.79% France
6.31% Italy
5.56% United States
5.26% All OECD countries
5.17% Eurozone
4.82% Canada
2.87% Germany
1.84% Japan

45 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I NEVER LIE 

Then simply cut and paste where it says what you claim.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

When it comes to the World’s top seven economies, the OECD once again puts the UK at the top of the table.

In the OECD’s report the UK is predicted to beat them all in 2021.

6.92% United Kingdom
6.79% France
6.31% Italy
5.56% United States
5.26% All OECD countries
5.17% Eurozone
4.82% Canada
2.87% Germany
1.84% Japan

That's because the UK has fallen so far behind. Not only are you an habitual liar. But you are incredibly thick as well. I suspect the two are connected.

Edited by RobJames
  • Like 2

🤣 🤣 🤣

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/12/02/mark-francois-self-publishes-brexit-memoir-claiming-remainer/

Mark Francois self-publishes Brexit memoir, claiming Remainer publishers turned it down

The Tory Eurosceptic MP tells Chopper's Politics podcast how his book failed to garner interest from two dozen 'Remain-biased' publishers

7 minutes ago, RobJames said:

That's because the UK has fallen so far behind. Not only are you an habitual liar. But you are incredibly thick as well. I suspect the two are connected.

REPORTED !

"Figures from the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) suggest economic output will end the year 11.3% lower than the previous year, marking the biggest decline in GDP in more than three centuries."

After GDP contracted by 4.9% in 2020, we expect economic output in Germany to expand by 2.1% year on year in 2021. German economy to grow by 2.1% in 2021, accelerating to about 4.8% in 2022.

So the UK economy shrunk by11.3% compared to a reduction of 4.9% in Germany. Only a complete idiot would not grasp the significance of that. One that was the worst in 300 years !

And next year (2022) Germany's growth is projected to be higher than that of the UK. And the UKs growth has been scaled back a number of times over the past few months. Where that of Germany has actually been increased. It is no wonder so many on here mock and ridicule you. You are unable to grasp even the most basic of concepts. Preferring to put up a headline instead. One which invariably shows the opposite of what you imagine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RobJames said:

"Figures from the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) suggest economic output will end the year 11.3% lower than the previous year, marking the biggest decline in GDP in more than three centuries."

After GDP contracted by 4.9% in 2020, we expect economic output in Germany to expand by 2.1% year on year in 2021. German economy to grow by 2.1% in 2021, accelerating to about 4.8% in 2022.

So the UK economy shrunk by11.3% compared to a reduction of 4.9% in Germany. Only a complete idiot would not grasp the significance of that. One that was the worst in 300 years !

And next year (2022) Germany's growth is projected to be higher than that of the UK. And the UKs growth has been scaled back a number of times over the past few months. Where that of Germany has actually been increased. It is no wonder so many on here mock and ridicule you. You are unable to grasp even the most basic of concepts. Preferring to put up a headline instead. One which invariably shows the opposite of what you imagine.

you are  concentrating on Germany  is it because they run the EU ?

Swindle will continue to  live in his Father Dougal fantasy brexit world, in the meantime the reality for so many small businesses is this:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/supply-chain-crisis-forces-local-store-to-close-for-good-109-years-after-opening/ar-AARpVTw?ocid=msedgntp

Supply chain crisis forces local store to close for good - 109 years after opening

A retailer is to permanently close as a result of Covid lockdowns and Brexit supply issues - 109 years after first opening to the public.

Ken Thompson, owner of Bussens & Parkin in Mildenhall in Suffolk, says supply delays and Brexit bureaucracy have left him with no choice but to put his store into involuntary insolvency.

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you are  concentrating on Germany  is it because they run the EU ?

Nope. I can't be bothered to post up 27 separate replies. This suffices to show you lied. Again.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Look at the other EU Country's  you may learn something 

In general, they are doing better than the UK. Should I be surprised?

Surprise me then. Tell me how being able to freely travel. To move goods and services easily is worse. Why is NI doing better by staying in the Single Market. Why is the ROI shifting it's exports away from the UK. Why are so many UK companies moving to the EU?

On 01/12/2021 at 13:34, BigFish said:

image.thumb.png.f0fc88ad0784f40af29c47edb01b56d4.png

20 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

More people think it has a positive impact or no difference (48%) than a negative impact (47%). Remainers still not a majority.

It is only Leavers who obsess about being in a majority, probably because that is the only rationale they have left. When the evidence largely now points the Brexit being twice as expensive as the pandemic, our fishing industry being devestated and NI doing very nicely thank you as a result of remaining in the Single Market most people have moved on to subjects related to how we dig the nation out of the mess that leaving the EU has left us in.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Surprise me then. Tell me how being able to freely travel. To move goods and services easily is worse. Why is NI doing better by staying in the Single Market. Why is the ROI shifting it's exports away from the UK. Why are so many UK companies moving to the EU?

Give me the facts on GDP I've looked and it's bad in most EU country's 

37 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Give me the facts on GDP I've looked and it's bad in most EU country's 

Do share

52 minutes ago, BigFish said:

It is only Leavers who obsess about being in a majority, probably because that is the only rationale they have left. When the evidence largely now points the Brexit being twice as expensive as the pandemic, our fishing industry being devestated and NI doing very nicely thank you as a result of remaining in the Single Market most people have moved on to subjects related to how we dig the nation out of the mess that leaving the EU has left us in.

There's no such thing as a leaver any more, on account of having left. 

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

27 county's in the EU  20  of them have poor GDP 

What do you mean poor. How has it changed since January. Who are the other 7.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Luxembourg is one of the world's wealthiest countries on a per capita basis. Norway is generally very high as well. I think this may conflate the size of a country's economy with the average income/wealth per individual citizen.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Per capita, going off that map, we are behind France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria and Denmark.

Edited by TheGunnShow