Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

As I was curious I checked. 

From today's Express no less...

"Mr Barnier never goes so far as to suggest Britain was right to leave the EU, the subtitle of his new book on Brexit reading “The Grand Illusion”.

Just now, sonyc said:

As I was curious I checked. 

From today's Express no less...

"Mr Barnier never goes so far as to suggest Britain was right to leave the EU, the subtitle of his new book on Brexit reading “The Grand Illusion”.

And you blame me for reading the Express ! 

Edited by SwindonCanary

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No blame. I read a lot of articles from lots of papers. Helps to try and be educated by different sides of arguments. Whether I agree with them or not.

As for Barnier, he was very sad at our leaving. Having seen him in TV interviews at no time did I see he state it was the right thing for the UK to leave. 

Edited by sonyc

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No. Another lie by you. You are constantly rebuked for posting a headline, without reading the story underneath. Just as you have done here. Which leads you into posting another lie.

• Like 1

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I put up the link as requested what more do you want ?

What I asked for. Not some puff to sell his book. So far you have not been able to show where Barnier said what you claimed. This has been the reason you post lie after lie. You are too simple to read the story below the headline.

Meanwhile "Guernsey has issued all the post-Brexit fishing licences France says its fishermen are entitled to". The rest will follow. Johnson huffs and puffs but gets told that if you agree a deal, you have to stick top it. " Johnson backed down. And the UK is paying up what it owes. In full.

"

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

What I asked for. Not some puff to sell his book. So far you have not been able to show where Barnier said what you claimed. This has been the reason you post lie after lie. You are too simple to read the story below the headline.

he states it in the link ! read it !

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

he states it in the link ! read it !

Now Johnson ( Farage as well ) have caused this, we’re you lying when you said America wouldn’t do this type of thing. Johnson is not fit to run this country.

U.S. to delay UK trade deal over post-Brexit concern - FT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will delay its deal to remove tariffs on UK steel and aluminum because of concerns about post-Brexit trade rules affecting Northern Ireland, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday.

The administration of former U.S. President Donald Trump imposed 25% and 10% tariffs on steel and aluminum imports on the European Union in 2018. The tariffs were withdrawn in October of this year, but they remain in place for Britain due to its exit from the EU.

In a communication seen by the newspaper, a U.S. Commerce Department official was quoted as saying that talks with the UK on easing metals tariffs could not move ahead.

The official cited U.S. concerns about British threats to trigger emergency clause Article 16, the report said on.ft.com/3olxsUh, especially from the U.S. Congress.

Article 16 is an emergency brake that allows the UK or EU to seek to suspend parts of the Brexit agreement that introduced some checks on the movement of goods to Northern Ireland from mainland Britain if they lead to persistent difficulties.

The FT said that the United States had informed the UK about the reason for the delay.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RobJames said:

"Ben Raymond, 32, from Swindon, was part of National Action, a group which wanted to wage a "white Jihad" and race war."  You never know where these odious types can be found.

Though there are more in certain towns."   “We responded to a call from a member of the public on Friday evening, who reported having seen what appeared to be a **** flag hung inside a room of an address in Lower Stratton, Swindon."

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Why have you posted something from September that we've already discussed and noted that the Times had done a very poor job of misrepresenting what Mr Barnier had said in that speech.

Where in the text of Mr Barniers speech does he say "it was right for Britain to leave the EU"?

• Confused 1

What a mess we are in @SwindonCanary

HSBC, Barclays and NatWest fined by EU for foreign exchange cartel

HSBC was hit with the highest penalty, at 174.3 million euros (£148.3 million), for its role in rigging the foreign exchange spot trading market.

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why have you posted something from September that we've already discussed and noted that the Times had done a very poor job of misrepresenting what Mr Barnier had said in that speech.

Where in the text of Mr Barniers speech does he say "it was right for Britain to leave the EU"?

He says it was right for Britain  to leave the EU  READ IT AGAIN !

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He says it was right for Britain  to leave the EU  READ IT AGAIN !

It is behind a pay wall. Why don't you therefore post up the relevant bit(s).?

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

BARNIER has been thrown out of the race to become France's next President as he failed to beat his party's counterparts in the primary.

And?

18 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Don't be stupid, they gave me a great deal in retirement at a young age 

That's a problem 😟

Who will do the work that needs doing when people are retiring young, and willing workers from Europe now face restrictions from taking jobs in the UK?

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

That's a problem 😟

Who will do the work that needs doing when people are retiring young, and willing workers from Europe now face restrictions from taking jobs in the UK?

Pay them what they disserve 

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Pay them what they disserve 

Pity the t*** Johnson won’t do the same for us in the NHS, but we don’t matter.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 13:34, BigFish said:

image.thumb.png.f0fc88ad0784f40af29c47edb01b56d4.png

More people think it has a positive impact or no difference (48%) than a negative impact (47%). Remainers still not a majority.

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

More people think it has a positive impact or no difference (48%) than a negative impact (47%). Remainers still not a majority.

More people think it has had a negative, or no difference (68%). Leavers, an ever shrinking minority.

On 01/12/2021 at 16:49, PurpleCanary said:

A post-Brexit fast-track visa scheme to attract Nobel Prize-winning scientists to the UK launched six months ago has produced absolutely no applications. Not a single one.

Because they are here already. EU combined does not have a single university in the Top 25 universities. UK has four, including positions 1 and 3.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats